Guarantee Allocation

british betty

I mistakenly thought that you could ask to be changed to a different cabin within the same category once you had been allocated your cabin.

Well, apparently you can, but you have to pay the difference between what you were charged and the full rate for the category.

Just to let you know, we'll be staying with our allocation :o

I think this is another one of those rules which only apply here in the UK but not in the US or Canada.

I have had our guarantee stateroom switched for another in the same cat but we book through a US agent.

With better service and OBC from the agent and more favourable policies from X when booking in the US, I no longer see the point of booking here in the UK.

I mistakenly thought that you could ask to be changed to a different cabin within the same category once you had been allocated your cabin.

Well, apparently you can, but you have to pay the difference between what you were charged and the full rate for the category.

That is what I was told before I booked my guarantee, I think its a UK thing different, rule across the pond I think.

Agree- that is just plain stupid. I do not really understand why The UK Celebrity wants to have different rules. Perhaps the UK TAs want it that way for some reason.

The bottom line is that it appears rather silly to me. If I was based in the UK I would not book with the UK Celebrity. It is good that they allow you to book with a US based TA/Celebrity.

Are you trying to change from "an inside to an inside" or more specifically from a category 9, 10, 11 or 12 to another numbered category within the general "inside" category?

I can see not allowing changing from a 9 to a 12 for example (even though both are INSIDES), but think they would allow a change from a 9 to another 9 cabin.

Are you trying to change from "an inside to an inside" or more specifically from a category 9, 10, 11 or 12 to another numbered category within the general "inside" category?

I can see not allowing changing from a 9 to a 12 for example (even though both are INSIDES), but think they would allow a change from a 9 to another 9 cabin.

We have an A2 and I just want to change to a different A2 cabin...same category, just a different position on the same deck. I prefer to be under the carpeted area of the Cafe rather than under the pool area.

I think we've all been a bit spoiled with guarantees. Celebrity has been lenient about letting you swap cabins. We have never had that luxury. Seems like whenever we books guarantee there is nothing to swap to - so we stick with it.

I do agree, however, that the rules should be the same whether you book in Canada, the US, the UK, Germany, wherever!

• 2 weeks later...
I think this is another one of those rules which only apply here in the UK but not in the US or Canada.

I have had our guarantee stateroom switched for another in the same cat but we book through a US agent.

With better service and OBC from the agent and more favourable policies from X when booking in the US, I no longer see the point of booking here in the UK.

Hi there

How do you book with a US Agent - do you have an address in the US, or do Celebrity allow you to book with any agent without a US address? could you email me the agent details at nyreeholmes at hotmail dot com if that's allowed? Sorry if it's not allowed ;)

Thanks

Nyree

You can change cabins to one in the same category providing you book through a US TA. If you book in the UK, you have to take what you're given :(. Many things are different if you book over here e.g. Non refundable deposits, charges for changing reservations/sail dates, no or much lower perks from TAs, no Tuesday specials, no changing guarantee allocations, no lower deposits when booking onboard - the list goes on and on and on...

And if anyone quotes the added ABTA/ATOL protection we get (as we hear every time), then I'll say what difference does that make if you're booking the cruise only element and not a package! Get good travel insurance and pay with your CC for protection ;).

Nyree,

Don't be surprised if your post is removed because you are not allowed to ask for TA recommendations or quote TAs on CC. A good place for recommendations is at the Connections/Meet & Mingle parties - firsthand personal experience, straight from the horses mouth ;).

Thanks :) thought as much but was just curious because I thought we couldn't book through US TAs if u didn't have a US Malling address but obviously that's not the case so I'll check that out for the next cruise (and ask around at the meet on upcoming cruise :D

Thanks a lot

Nyree

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app