Why not redefine "formal"?

annebill

Revneal,
Bad joke. I will cut you some slack, but the glue factory/horse slaughter is, um, a rather sensitive subject for someone with 2 rescue horses. It's okay, but my knee-jerk response was to be, er, educational (and strident and boring), LOL :)

[quote name='revneal'][img]http://www.revneal.org/Resources/emoticons/Deadhorse.gif[/img]

Poor horse ... poor horse.
Yes, I enjoy playing on this subject too ... but this thread needs to be sent to the glue factory.[/QUOTE]

Right you are; I guess that means boleros are okay, too :) (I would never have thought of boleros, but they are, I suppose, "jackets")....

[quote name='dakrewser']Note the jacket and tie.....

[img]http://www.warwicks.net/images/kilt500.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

Yup, he's right. Hey, a picture is worth a thousand words. (feeling like the queen of cliches now).

[quote name='stormyc']Hey! He's got you on that one, Scrumpy! :D

Watch out! I believe dakrewser could carry on an entire conversation with just pictures!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Bad joke. I will cut you some slack, but the glue factory/horse slaughter is, um, a rather sensitive subject for someone with 2 rescue horses. It's okay, but my knee-jerk response was to be, er, educational (and strident and boring), LOL[/QUOTE]

As well as being out of place in this forum, out of character with the nature of this thread, and totally lacking in even the most minimal smidgen of humor.

In other words, don't be so dang-blasted serious.

Sorry. When you are devoted to a cause, you tend to lose your sense of humor about anything pertaining to it. Really - I apologize if I came across as unreasonably rigid or humorless. I spend a lot of time on welfare and slaughter issues (time that often seems totally wasted) and it does take its toll on a person. :o
[quote name='revneal']As well as being out of place in this forum, out of character with the nature of this thread, and totally lacking in even the most minimal smidgen of humor.

In other words, don't be so dang-blasted serious.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Sorry. When you are devoted to a cause, you tend to lose your sense of humor about anything pertaining to it. Really - I apologize if I came across as unreasonably rigid or humorless. I spend a lot of time on welfare and slaughter issues (time that often seems totally wasted) and it does take its toll on a person.[/QUOTE]

I certainly understand, and am sorry if I pricked a raw nerve. Such wasn't at all intended, of course; no connection with reality or actual cases was intended at all. I was simply attempting to illustrate, with a little bit of humor, the futility of such discussions.

Just as an aside, I am deeply devoted to the Church and to the ministry of the Gospel, however I do also have a sense of humor about both. :) When we lose the capacity to laugh at ourselves we have reached the point of unhealthy absorption.

[quote name='revneal'][img]http://www.revneal.org/Resources/emoticons/Deadhorse.gif[/img]

Poor horse ... poor horse.
Yes, I enjoy playing on this subject too ... but this thread needs to be sent to the glue factory.[/QUOTE]

How 'bout it, rev? I think 'we' are getting desperate for subjects to debate/argue/obsess about.

Archived