Dry cleaning?

rcandkc

I have been on several Regent cruises but never used their laundry services. We are going on a cruise in August that we think we will wear sweaters often. Do the ships have dry cleaning?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Since we will be on the North Sea I think I'll be wearing sweaters and pants most of the time (if I'm planning incorrectly please tell me), so I was wondering about sweaters.

I will look up sweaters for you and will report tomorrow. I am not familiar with dry cleaners in big cities since we do not live in a big city. The dry cleaning does not seem as high as laundry but I'll let you know.

We are fairly far north at the moment and are experiencing mild temperatures. Layering seems to be the best thing to do when weather is in question. It really depends upon the time of of the year that you are sailing. We were quite cold in St. Petersburg last week but are experiencing 70+ degree now.

Thanks. We'll be getting on the Voyager 8/15 in London and explore Scotland and Ireland. I know the evenings will be cool so planning on sweaters and pants after 6. Before and on excursions I'm planning on layers.

The cost to dry clean a sweater is $10.50.

When we checked the weather forecast for several of our ports, it could not have been more wrong. Copenhagen was in the upper 70's and Oslo, Norway is in the 80's (both forecasted to be in the 60's).

The 10 day forecast in London goes up to 80 degrees (don't have August forecast but have been in England several times in August and it is fairly warm). Edinburgh is forecast at 70 degrees (July) and -- mid-August forecast in Belfast is 80. Just letting you know this so you pack for warm weather as well. Do not believe that you will need a lot of sweaters. That could save you some extra packing.

TC, thank you for the reply. I was thinking of weather like we had in Alaska in August. I got pretty cold. Guess I need to rethink my strategy. Better pack some t shirts and crop pants too.

TC, thank you for the reply. I was thinking of weather like we had in Alaska in August. I got pretty cold. Guess I need to rethink my strategy. Better pack some t shirts and crop pants too.

Just remember to pack a light jacket that can withstand some rain - at least that's been our experience. May not be alot, but can have some occassional drizzle. But then, that's why it's so green. :) And it can get very breezy. We did not cruise the area, but did Scotland and Ireland by land and when we were there, Scotland was as green as Ireland. Throughly enjoyed Belfast, too.

Have a great trip. It's another lovely part of the world.