Oasis or Carnival Breeze?

I am looking at the Oasis (boardwalk balcony) for 7 days or Carnival Breeze (Lido balcony) for 6. Even with the BOGOHO, the Oasis would be a little over $1,000 more. Do you think it would be worth that much more?

Try them both. Only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

I am looking at the Oasis (boardwalk balcony) for 7 days or Carnival Breeze (Lido balcony) for 6. Even with the BOGOHO, the Oasis would be a little over $1,000 more. Do you think it would be worth that much more?

Depends on what you are looking for. The Oasis has lots of shows and entertainment. It's a large ship with lots of options. If both are going to the same destinations and you are more about the ports of call then go with Carnival.

Try them both. Only you can decide if it's worth it to you.

I am thinking about trying the Oasis next summer while we can get it BOGO

HO and then we could always try the Breeze the following year. Hubby has already said if we splurge on the Oasis, we can only take one cruise next year. I think it would be worth it so we could experience something new.

Depends on what you are looking for. The Oasis has lots of shows and entertainment. It's a large ship with lots of options. If both are going to the same destinations and you are more about the ports of call then go with Carnival.

I'm sure the entertainment on the Oasis would be far superior than on any Carnival ship, although we do enjoy the comedians on Carnival. I think it would be a fun experience and the ship is just beautiful. I would love to sit on a central park or boardwalk balcony. On Carnival sea days I mostly sunbathe all day, then clean up for our late dinner and maybe catch a show or the comedy club after dinner. It looks like I there would be many other things to do and lounging by the pool may not even be a priority on there. Although I would probably get some sun by the pool for a couple hours in the morning and then clean up and enjoy what else the ship has to offer.

You didn't indicate the dates you are planning to cruise. I would pay a premium for oasis versus breeze. Most will agree. Keep in mind that the bogoho prices now are not a significant deal compared to early May when this promo started. There is a good chance you could see a real price drop on oasis. You can still book now and watch for drops. Best wishes

You didn't indicate the dates you are planning to cruise. I would pay a premium for oasis versus breeze. Most will agree. Keep in mind that the bogoho prices now are not a significant deal compared to early May when this promo started. There is a good chance you could see a real price drop on oasis. You can still book now and watch for drops. Best wishes

We were looking in July but then I noticed I saved a little over $500 by booking it Aug. 1, which only made it about $500 more for 3 of us. That didn't sound bad at all, especially since we get an extra day so I booked it! :D I wasn't thrilled with the idea of a 6 night cruise anyway. Our last two have been 8. I'm so excited to sail on the Oasis! I will make sure to watch for price drops. What is the easiest way to do that?

We started out sailing Carnival, but then jumped ship to try Oasis right after she debuted. Needless to say, we have not been back to Carnival, with no intentions to do so. :)

You will love Oasis! Have a great cruise!

We went on the Breeze to get married for New Years and loved it. We are going on the Allure in January because I was told how amazing the Oasis and Allure are. And since we could not afford it with all the extra wedding costs before, we are splurging for our 1st anniversary.

I would say Allure if you want more entertainment, but I don't think you will be disappointed on the Breeze if you choose that to save a little money. It was a great experience for us! Of course, that was just our opinion! I'm sure you'll have fun either way!!

We have 3 Carnival cruises, our last one on the Breeze and very much love the ship. For the price I dare you to find an equal ship anywhere with the same activities, dining, etc you get on the Breeze. We sailed on the Breeze for $500 cheaper than a shorter RCI cruise..

That being said we have wanted to try Royal for ourselves to see the differences, and we have a fantastic deal to try Freedom in November. Royal is priced too high for a larger family like ours, so we very much want to give it a shot this year and see if its' worth for us...

For $1,000 more there is no way I would pay that much more for any ship, even Disney...

Edited by Redsfan

The Breeze is a great ship and I just sailed on her this year. However, there no way she'd compare to Oasis. We picked her mainly for the itinerary and the lower price was also appealing. There will be more to do on Oasis, but we cruise more for the itinerary than for the ship.

Woops, I meant I would do Oasis for entertainment, not Allure. I know they are so similar...I guess I had my mind on our Allure trip :)

I agree with another poster though about the itinerary. I feel like there will be times in the future that we will go on a cruise mainly for the ports of call, and not just the ship. If you won't be able to go on another cruise for a while, I would do the Oasis if you can spend that extra money.

Edited by life_dizzy

If you want a "merry-go-round"," cupcake decorating lesson", & "Coach" store, go on the Oasis...

There is much more to the Oasis class ships than what you listed. I don't see either ship listed in your sig line as having cruised. Would it not help to have cruised on the Oasis before making that comment?

OP, there is currently no ships in service that can match what the Oasis class ships offer. The entertainment is hands down the best that I have experienced on any ship. Plenty of dining options and the ship has to be experienced. Both Oasis and Allure remain as two of my all time favorite ships to date. :)

Edited by cruisingator2

I am thinking about trying the Oasis next summer while we can get it BOGO

HO and then we could always try the Breeze the following year. Hubby has already said if we splurge on the Oasis, we can only take one cruise next year. I think it would be worth it so we could experience something new.

I'd book the Oasis even at the higher cost. It is a special experience and who knows, your husband may decide to book another cruise this year based on his experience on Oasis.;)

If you want a "merry-go-round"," cupcake decorating lesson", & "Coach" store, go on the Oasis...

You know what's funny? I did not one of these things on the Oasis and yet somehow managed to keep myself entertained for an entire week :rolleyes:

Personally, I say Oasis all the way...but we did have fun on the Breeze. It was probably the best Carnival ship we've been on, although we enjoyed the other passengers more on the Magic (gotta love those Texans!!) No other ship has remotely compared to the Oasis for us....and my favorite part is the space! We rarely felt crowded on that ship and we cannot wait to do the Allure someday. Have so much fun....especially since it's only $500 more-WELL worth the "upgrade"