All inclusive drinks package

CCFC

£10 per day seems to me to be a No Brainer as they say, £28 is I would suggest over the top.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't go on Celebrity then Dai - premium is $59 pppn !!

I've been used to AI for many years in hotels but always find the quality of the drinks abroad on AI are awful, there is certainly no incentive to drink!

I would be interested in AI on ships but could never persuade myself to pay the Thomson price as I would never drink anywhere near that amount (says me suffering from a hangover at the moment after a works outing last night!)

I do like the freedom that comes with an AI package. As someone said up thread, it is easy to try something new, knowing that I can always have something else if I don't like it. Even just an all-you-want soft drink package, like they have on Princess, worked well for me. However, I certainly wouldn't be paying £28 per night and upwards on it, even if it does include the soft drinks and coffee.

I wonder when and where the trial will run...

You just don't get the same quality on AI it's no wonder you never see anyone drunk I'd much rather pay for my drinks and drink less but proper branded wine and Vodka,we did Thomson's last year and quality is pretty rubbish .

You just don't get the same quality on AI it's no wonder you never see anyone drunk I'd much rather pay for my drinks and drink less but proper branded wine and Vodka,we did Thomson's last year and quality is pretty rubbish .

Celebrity's packages although expensive are all branded drinks, I think that P&O's would be as well.

Thats easy to fix. if you want to buy 3 drinks the waiter needs to see 3 cruise cards, all marked with the drinks package. Once the waiters get to know you they only need one card.

You can only get the AI if ALL the people in your party get one. So 3 adults on one booking is either 3 AI's or none at all.

With Princess they started off needing all in the same cabin to buy the package, now you don't need to. As you say once they get to know you its down to one card. There were also reports of you not being able to buy more than one drink every 10 minutes but I think that was hearsay as I never came across it.

The Princess drinks package was for ANY drink under $10 or about £6.50, it was only the very high end brandies that you couldn't get. It also meant you could get soft drinks in cans rather than the sweet coloured water that comes out of the soda fountains. Juices all day is also a plus when grazing in the buffet and high end coffees which I would never have tried.

I'm using Princess as a comparison as they sail out of Southampton with the same design of ships so I expect it to be a similar product.

Edited by CCFC

I would want to see the small print as to what's included. We don't drink beer or even cocktails (much), we're wine drinkers. As readers of my blog during our recent Baltic cruise on Azura will know we were practically living in the Glasshouse, and were quite happy to pay for the higher priced wines because they were so good. Will these be included, I wonder.

The other thing we drank gallons of was - sparkling mineral water.

Any idea what ship it is going to be tried out on?

Errr you do know that this is just a rumour about these drink packages. I have never seen conformation. In fact no one has ever said where the rumour came from.

There is a good chance it is just wishful thinking.

Part of me does however want it to be true. :)

Errr you do know that this is just a rumour about these drink packages. I have never seen conformation. In fact no one has ever said where the rumour came from.

There is a good chance it is just wishful thinking.

Part of me does however want it to be true. :)

The exact quote taken from another forum is:

After a recent Webinar session with P&O, we've discovered some interesting gossip that may interest you:

•Adonia is the only ship that is continuing to use 'Silver Service'. All of the other ships in the fleet are stopping the service. This is currently being rolled out across ships.

•With regards to the new livery, Aurora is the first ship that it will feature on. The Great British flag is to be added sometime in December.

•Continuing on from Aurora, the rest of the fleet is expected to display the new livery by the end of 2015.

•A rumor has surfaced that there will be a very unique 'beer festival' at sea. The festival is supposedly serving up to 100 different types of ales!

•For all of your drinking needs there will be an all inclusive drinks package that includes every drink! Expected to be available across the entire fleet, there is a trial next month on one of the ships. Depending on the trials success, the all inclusive drinks package is debut very soon.

A webinar is an online presentation usually for invited persons only.

So there you have it!

Thanks for that.. I have copied it over onto a private Facebook page which only has a few select friends and is not open to public...keeping fingers crossed this comes in but do hope it's sensibly priced so as not to attract the sort of folk who will then see every cruise as a booze cruise!

Edited by Midsomer Madness

I do wish that once P & O have divulged or leaked this info to. TA or forum that they then post on their Facebook page the details. What is the point of letting this info get out and then not backing up with the details. No mention of this on their face book page.

If they are not ready to give the details then they should not have leaked the info.

The exact quote taken from another forum is:

After a recent Webinar session with P&O, we've discovered some interesting gossip that may interest you:

•Adonia is the only ship that is continuing to use 'Silver Service'. All of the other ships in the fleet are stopping the service. This is currently being rolled out across ships.

•With regards to the new livery, Aurora is the first ship that it will feature on. The Great British flag is to be added sometime in December.

•Continuing on from Aurora, the rest of the fleet is expected to display the new livery by the end of 2015.

•A rumor has surfaced that there will be a very unique 'beer festival' at sea. The festival is supposedly serving up to 100 different types of ales!

•For all of your drinking needs there will be an all inclusive drinks package that includes every drink! Expected to be available across the entire fleet, there is a trial next month on one of the ships. Depending on the trials success, the all inclusive drinks package is debut very soon.

A webinar is an online presentation usually for invited persons only.

So there you have it!

That's better,

The way it came over in the OP was that it was a rumour. This is good news, I think. That is if we knew what a Webinar was. ;).

Anybody like me, thinking of the guy sitting at the bar in Carry On Cruising? :D

That's what some people never get off the ship in ports. ;)

I would welcome a "drinks package" on P&O Cruises

I would be happy to pay for a package that would allow me to drink as many soft drinks (coke/lemonade/fanta) and hot drinks (tea/hot choc) over the course of the cruise

I dont touch alcohol, personal choice

I do wish that once P & O have divulged or leaked this info to. TA or forum that they then post on their Facebook page the details. What is the point of letting this info get out and then not backing up with the details. No mention of this on their face book page.

If they are not ready to give the details then they should not have leaked the info.

I have asked the question on their offical page Sue, will be interesting to see if they respond!

I would welcome a "drinks package" on P&O Cruises

I would be happy to pay for a package that would allow me to drink as many soft drinks (coke/lemonade/fanta) and hot drinks (tea/hot choc) over the course of the cruise

I dont touch alcohol, personal choice

I think for soft drinks only the package will not work out good value for you.

That's better,

The way it came over in the OP was that it was a rumour. This is good news, I think. That is if we knew what a Webinar was. ;).

Ah ha. I found were this came from.... Only I can say no more.

Ah ha. I found were this came from.... Only I can say no more.

I was the OP and I was trying to be coy with the source!

And I did put a reference to a webinar at the end of my post :P

Edited by CCFC

I think for soft drinks only the package will not work out good value for you.

Princess do a fantastic ultimate soda package + more includes fountain soda drinks, fruit juices, floats, milk shakes, mocktails and hot chocolate for $8-05 per day inclusive of 15% service tax its fantastic value for money.

Princess do a fantastic ultimate soda package + more includes fountain soda drinks, fruit juices, floats, milk shakes, mocktails and hot chocolate for $8-05 per day inclusive of 15% service tax its fantastic value for money.

Correct. But here I believe we are discussing a potential all inc package including alcohol, hence my post.

As far as pricing is concerned P&O would have to make no less profit than they are now. I suggest something near £30 per day would be logical. Much less than that and people are getting the drink too cheap.

They could do what 'T' do and use the package as a booking incentive. Book a select fare and get it free. Or later on at a reduced price like a cruise I am considering where the package costs £70 per week which is still a bargain.

I can't see all drinks being included, especially wine by the bottle and some really expensive single drinks. Costa coffee may be excluded as well where they have a franchise.