Anthem of the seas balcony

Hi

Wondered if anyone had any comments or views on the 'obstructed balconies' that will be on the Anthem of the Seas. We are just pondering whether we should have one of these as we have been quoted an excellent price not much more that an interior. Trying to work out from recent pics of the ship how much obstruction there will be. Our agent says they are 50% obstructed

Any feedback on this ?

Some of the rooms may have less than 50% blockage (in front and in the large gaps between the lifeboats). You can get a good idea when you overlay the deck plans. See website below. Only time will tell as to which rooms have the best views. Some of these even have larger balconies. Once the ship is completed there will be pics. I will be keeping my eye on these!!

http://www.destination360.com/cruises/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/images/quantum-of-the-seas-deck-plan.jpg

motocat, we have booked two of these rooms, and got a fantastic saving £400 less than a clear view, and cheaper than a Ocean view. So have saved £800 okay might have a restricted view but will have fresh air, We are highly satisfied and even got free transfers from Home to Port and Port to Home.

motocat, we have booked two of these rooms, and got a fantastic saving £400 less than a clear view, and cheaper than a Ocean view. So have saved £800 okay might have a restricted view but will have fresh air, We are highly satisfied and even got free transfers from Home to Port and Port to Home.

Deedia

I think we are going to book it, the price was only £200 less for an inside and like you say at least it's fresh air. I am curious to the virtual balcony on the insides though ! Don't think we will take advantage of the free transfer though as it's only up to 200 miles and we live in Blackpool about 265 :( and they quoted us £200 for the extra mileage. We can get a room and parking for £200 at the grand harbour which we like to do the day before we sail.

Which rooms have you booked?

I don't really want to leave it much longer as I feel it will get booked up pretty quick

The virtual balcony Cabins were more money and who wants to look at a screen, think it would get to much everyday and end up switching it off. Not sure of the Cabin numbers but they are the 2 at the rear of the Ship, next to the new TWO70 Deck 6, don't know if its the right choice or not but we are on Holiday so who cares.

The rooms are designated as 50% (most) and 75% obstructed. When you call for your cabin, have a list in order of preference and they can tell you the amount of obstruction for each cabin.

Here are the ones I called about for Anthem, in case you were wondering:

6570 50%

6572 75%

6170 50%

6172 75%

6616 75%

6618 50%

6608 50%

6610 50%

The rooms are designated as 50% (most) and 75% obstructed. When you call for your cabin, have a list in order of preference and they can tell you the amount of obstruction for each cabin.

Here are the ones I called about for Anthem, in case you were wondering:

6570 50%

6572 75%

6170 50%

6172 75%

6616 75%

6618 50%

6608 50%

6610 50%

Ooh thanks very much that does help......so excited about about his ship......not sure I can wait as long as I have to for this one !!

A point worth noting. When one of these balconies is selected, there is a line of text under the cabin number that states: Note: Obstructed view.

However, when we booked our cabin #6690, those words did NOT appear! I don't know if this is significant or not. I only know that 6690 has one of the largest balconies on the ship. Also, when I do a mock booking on other sailings and request cabin #6690, those words do NOT appear. Significant? I'll let you know after our 11/10/15 sailing;).

A point worth noting. When one of these balconies is selected, there is a line of text under the cabin number that states: Note: Obstructed view.

However, when we booked our cabin #6690, those words did NOT appear! I don't know if this is significant or not. I only know that 6690 has one of the largest balconies on the ship. Also, when I do a mock booking on other sailings and request cabin #6690, those words do NOT appear. Significant? I'll let you know after our 11/10/15 sailing;).

Oh, please let us know! We have 6690 booked for June on the Anthem. I had another balcony booked and switched to this one when I saw that it became available. I assumed it was obstructed view, too. I am anxious to know how big the balcony actually is.

Shirley

And we have 6290, which is the same as 6690. I am curious too!

F27TW, you make a very valid point, but deck plans are available, pictures and possibility's. If we do not discuss we would all be blind. Is not the idea of a FORUM to discuss, or in your case MOCK and pass invalid comments. :D

It's definitely different trying to choose cabins when the ship isn't finished. Just can't decide....gone from an inside....to an obstructed......now we are looking at the D8's....wonder if I can get DH to move to a suite :):):):D

Oh, please let us know! We have 6690 booked for June on the Anthem. I had another balcony booked and switched to this one when I saw that it became available. I assumed it was obstructed view, too. I am anxious to know how big the balcony actually is.

Shirley

I will be able to let you know earlier. We are in 6660 and my brother us in 6690 both larger balconies on 22nd may. I don't care too much about the obstruction, lucky just to have a balcony on this ship.

I will be able to let you know earlier. We are in 6660 and my brother us in 6690 both larger balconies on 22nd may. I don't care too much about the obstruction, lucky just to have a balcony on this ship.

Ooppss...Yes, you will be earlier than traveling1969, whom I just realized will be after my cruise. Silly me, I got excited and misinterrupted that he was on Quantum this Nov. :rolleyes: I didn't even know you could book Nov. of 2015 yet. I will be anxious to hear what those cabins/balconies are like. Hopefully, people sailing the Quantum will give a report when it sails this fall.

Shirley

Great! I am really curious about 6660. From the plans there does not appear to be a lifeboat in direct view. There must be a davit very close, but one could guess that it may only block the rearward view.

Could be a pleasant surprise for you!! Remember .....some of the Voyager and Freedom aft balconies are considered obstructed as well. Many people consider these a great value.

• 7 months later...
I will be able to let you know earlier. We are in 6660 and my brother us in 6690 both larger balconies on 22nd may. I don't care too much about the obstruction, lucky just to have a balcony on thqqq

I don't know why everyone is worrying about the the view. You should b e thinking this is a NEW SHIP. and will it be ready to sail without any mishaps. There will be a new crew that isn't familiar with the ship and it's passengers

I will be able to let you know earlier. We are in 6660 and my brother us in 6690 both larger balconies on 22nd may. I don't care too much about the obstruction, lucky just to have a balcony on thqqq

I don't know why everyone is worrying about the the view. You should b e thinking this is a NEW SHIP. and will it be ready to sail without any mishaps. There will be a new crew that isn't familiar with the ship and it's passengers

I don't think anyone is "worrying". Just anxious to know. We are excited to be on this new ship and we're just having nice conversations about the cabins to help pass the time till our cruise date. Nothing wrong in being curious.

We have 339 more sleeps until we get on it and I LOVE reading all the comments, tips, suggestions, reviews and more! I look forward to hearing all about it as I countdown to our cruise Feb 2016! Yep, booked it when we were cruising last month. Always good to have something to look forward to during winters!

We booked a balcony, port side on deck 7.

So when you have completed your sailing on Anthem please come back and tell us about it ... cabins, the crew, the amenities, the food/dining etc! Your reviews on the dynamic and rotational dining will be of interest too!

We're booked in cabin 6564.

50% obstructed.

Life boat just under Balcony.

Sit down can only see lifeboat, stand up and you look out to sea over the lifeboat. Look down and all you see is the Lifeboat.

I'm happy with this and the money we paid, as others have said, fresh air and that extra space.

Kezz

We're booked in cabin 6564.

50% obstructed.

Life boat just under Balcony.

Sit down can only see lifeboat, stand up and you look out to sea over the lifeboat. Look down and all you see is the Lifeboat.

I'm happy with this and the money we paid, as others have said, fresh air and that extra space.

Kezz

I'm curious? How much did you pay for that cabin? I have a Balcony not obstructed and paid $6,500 US

I'm curious? How much did you pay for that cabin? I have a Balcony not obstructed and paid $6,500 US

£1,700 pp = £3,400 for both of us

That is $5,084 at todays exchange rate

Included we got £450 OBC and Select Drink Package for the both of us.

Kezz

£1,700 pp = £3,400 for both of us

That is $5,084 at todays exchange rate

Included we got £450 OBC and Select Drink Package for the both of us.

Kezz

We have a 50% obstructed on deck 6 too. Paid a Iitle less but with less OBC and the select drink package (to be upgraded immediatley). At the time we booked a non obstructed balcony was £425pp more than this cabin and was not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a 50% obstructed on deck 6 too. Paid a Iitle less but with less OBC and the select drink package (to be upgraded immediatley). At the time we booked a non obstructed balcony was £425pp more than this cabin and was not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have always had a Balcony cabin.

But this time the prices where way over that we wanted to pay.

I just like being able to go out for fresh air mornings and nights.

So happy with what we got and the price we paid.

Kezz