Almaplena

griz400

we are in the middle of booking this place for nov. 13th, it takes like 2-3 days for replies on emails, the website price states 59.00 per adult, they sent me back an email and now price for 2 is 128.00 , which is ok, i guess, they pay for your cab both ways, now i got an email for paypal deposit of 48.00 for and it states for nov 11th, so now we wait again till date is all straightened out, ....

i looked today, and price they have listed on site is still 59.00 .... they sure have a strange way to get a reservation, first had to send for request for reservation, waited a week to here back, then they say email for a pay pal form from them, it came today, but date is wrong, i just hope its all worth it .... :)

well, got conformation today, price is now 128.00 for 2, at least for November this year, maybe hasn't gone up as of yet for months before November , seems ok with us, tell us all about your visits to this place ....

Was it Monica that wrote you back? She usually has pretty good communication, but yet has a little one that probably keeps her busy. I was going to say that if you couldn't get an answer, they have a facebook account too and will communicate using it as well. :)

yes, it was Monica, and they seem funny about the money -- here is part of the email ....

great, we are so glad to having here with us!

I'm sure you'll love our location... it's a little piece of paradise and we'll do our best to make you feel like home ;-).

Yes, the price raised for the new season.

In a few minutes I'm sending to you the paypal payment link for your beach day on November 11th, 2014.

Total amount: $ 128.00 USD for 2 adults

Required Deposit PayPal payment: $ 48.00 USD

Balance due onsite payment: $ 80.00 USD (cash only ---> WE DONT' ACCEPT STAINED/MARKED BILLS & PLEASE CONSIDER WE DON'T HAVE USD CHANGE! ).

I will send you the confirmation and info for transportation as soon as I'll get the payment.

Thank you.

Saludos,

Monica Costa Esparza

ALMAPLENA Eco Beach Resort

Km 12.5 Camino Costero Mahahual-Xcalak

Mahahual (Costa Maya), MEXICO

tel. +52 55-84218246

cel. +52 1 983-1375070

email: info@almaplenabeachresort.com

follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AlmaplenaBeachResort

TripAdvisor 2013 certificate of Excellence Winner

Guess they want New Cash .... lol

they seem like real nice people, we have already paid for it before this post, i can imagine though with a currency exchange, that wet, marked, faded bills tend to be a problem... seems we hardly ever use cash anymore since debit cards ...

Edited by griz400

Banks will not accept torn, stained, taped or any money with extra writing on it. If they accept the money and the bank does not take it then they will lose. Some places will check the money and sometimes will refuse it which can be a problem for some.

Banks will not accept torn, stained, taped or any money with extra writing on it. If they accept the money and the bank does not take it then they will lose. Some places will check the money and sometimes will refuse it which can be a problem for some.

Good to know. I guess I had never thought of checking my money when I cruise to make sure that it doesn't have any of the above. I have never been denied, so maybe I have never had any money in this condition. But, I'm glad you posted this because I'll make sure I check my bills prior to cruising now so I don't run in to this problem. :)

• 3 weeks later...
We plan to go there in Sept. Where exactly do you catch the cab?

You walk outside the port compound and out the gates. You will walk down the middle of the street (there's a sidewalk) to the end where you see the big colored building on the right that use to be hard rock cafe. I think it's either bright pink or orange, but you can't miss it. You will come to where the sidewalk/curb is painted bright yellow and that's where the cabs pull up at. There's always someone out there to guide you. Just tell them that you are going to Almaplena and show them your papers if they don't speak good English or understand and they will take you there. The taxi ride is included in your price and Almaplena pays them when they arrive. :)

bigmap-L.jpg

Looks a bit too priicey for what is offered...

Um what? :confused:

Almaplena is $59 for the day which includes your private transportation by taxi to and from the resort, your chairs/palapa umbrellas, all the food and drinks you want and you get a crystal clear blue water ocean with nice sand, no sea grass and a reef out in front of you if you like snorkeling.

PC170103-M.jpg

PC170052-M.jpg

Maya Chan: price $59 as well. This includes your bus ride there and back with others booked there. Includes all your food and drinks, snorkeling if they take you out to the reef by canoe. You also get your own area under a palapa or sometimes under an umbrella depending on how many is in your party. The staff there is absolutely amazing, but the water is not. You get the sea weed in the water and it's a brownish color due to its location in Costa Maya.

IMG_5085-M.jpg

IMG_5089-M.jpg

IMG_5172-M.jpg

Places along the Malecon...like Nohoch Kay is $50 which includes food and drinks and your own umbrella or palapa. However, you provide your own transportation ($3 by bus there and $2 back, so add on $5 for each person in your party and you are up to $55). There's no snorkeling there (unless you was to take a private tour and pay extra). The water is very hard to swim in and shallow. Since it's location on the Malecon, there's also a lot of sea grass, which makes the water not a nice of blue.

P5160084-M.jpg

This is my husband way out in the water and still able to stand up with the water just above his ankles. It made it next to impossible for anyone to canoe out and we watched several people attempt this and it was quite hilarious that day.

P5160125-M.jpg

Other places along the Malecon are similar.

So...just wondering, how did you arrive at the point that Almaplena is too pricey? Just wondering? For a beautiful beach with beautiful water, I just don't see where it's pricey and you get basically everything else you get at the other palces. :confused:

it lists price change now

http://www.almaplenabeachresort.com/beachclub/almaplena_beachclub_rates-reservations.php

im sure its a good deal .. clear water, transportation, etc etc

we spent more at mr sanchos .. if you count transportation ...

and they only take 20 people a day ...

Edited by griz400