Secret Sands or Sapphire Beach?

Have stayed at Sapphire Beach and also gone there for a day and like it, but I'm wondering if we should do the excursion to Secret Sands Beach instead.

Any insight would be helpful.

The last I heard was Sapphire Beach in St Thomas had closed or was in bad shape.

Anyone else know about this? This used to be my favourite beach in St Thomas.

Cheers,

again, more info on the Port of call boards in regards to this as well. Last I read Sapphire has started to open up again with vendors coming back.

Sorry, I know this would be better off on the ports of call board.

Just had to say that Secret Sands was one of the best excursions we've ever done. It's apparently new to RC but one of the best beaches I've ever been to on an RC tour. Beach was BEAUTIFUL, quiet and not crowded at all (maybe 25 people total), there were complimentary sodas, water, beer, and rum & cokes along with free pb crackers.

Only complaint is that we only had two hours of beach time. We plan on going back to St Thomas on Oasis next year so we will probably book this excursion back to back.

Edited by jaredgold33

• 1 year later...
Sorry, I know this would be better off on the ports of call board.

Just had to say that Secret Sands was one of the best excursions we've ever done. It's apparently new to RC but one of the best beaches I've ever been to on an RC tour. Beach was BEAUTIFUL, quiet and not crowded at all (maybe 25 people total), there were complimentary sodas, water, beer, and rum & cokes along with free pb crackers.

Only complaint is that we only had two hours of beach time. We plan on going back to St Thomas on Oasis next year so we will probably book this excursion back to back.

We just did this excursion 2 weeks ago. it was great. only problem, wish they didn't allow small kids. kind of ruins a quite relaxing beach day when you have 5 little kids (not mine) directly in front of your beach chair digging big hole in the sand, being loud, running around, knocked over hubby's beer..you get it...should have move our chairs. Will next time if that happens. People can be so selfish. it's NOT all about YOUR kids,..ugh you watch them, I don't want to! Rant over. It was a beautiful beach, although the clouds that day and light rain kind of didn't show the beautiful colors of the water, sun came out as we were leaving :( I would do it again.