Can I bring a cockscrew?

I've had one confiscated by security boarding an RCI ship. I told the guy that it was the same corkscrew they give you on board, but it didn't sway him.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I will say that security will sometimes confiscate anything, I think it makes them feel important.

My father had his tiny little keychain pocket knife confiscated when boarding Oasis. Found it humorous that same evening when dining at Chops and being handed an 8" serrated steak knife. :confused:

Wouldn't surprise me if they confiscate corkscrews with small blades attached as well. Mind you he was carrying it on his key ring in his front pocket.

Funny side story, boarding a flight in Mexico a few years back, my wife set off the security scanner at the airport. They rifled through her makeup purse and pulled out a tiny pair of cuticle cutters, told her these were not permitted on the flight and tossed them in the trash. Halfway through the flight they served dinner and low and behold!, a metal fork and knife wrapped in the napkin handed out to everyone on the flight :eek:

Yes, but with no sharp point

I brought a corkscrew with my luggage earlier this month. They took it out of my suitcase and asked the other workers if it was all right. They ended up saying it was okay to bring, but it didn't seem like the rule was very clear. I think they just want to make sure it is just a corkscrew and that there is not a sharp blade attached to it (some have a knife).