New to NCL- questions :)

kajasmin

Ive been on lots of Carnival cruises but never an NCL. Could you please help me out?

Cruising on the Getaway in Nov.

1- Dinner menus- I've looked online. Many have same thing every night. Do they change? We want to do the MDR nightly not upgrade as we never have had to before. Will that be okay?

2-Is the rope course included?

3-What "drinks" are free? on carnival Lemonade and tea..NCL?

4-If you've done the Breeze and Getaway can you tell me any big differences? Thank you!

Ive been on lots of Carnival cruises but never an NCL. Could you please help me out?

1- Dinner menus- I've looked online. Many have same thing every night. Do they change? We want to do the MDR nightly not upgrade as we never have had to before. Will that be okay?

4-If you've done the Breeze and Getaway can you tell me any big differences? Thank you!

1. Ate in the MDR almost every night great meals. I believe there are new menus out.

2. Yep rope course and slides included

3. Same lemonade and tea

One side of the menu is the same every night, the other side changes nightly.

Rope course is free

Coffee, tea (hot and iced), flavored water (2-3 flavors), hot chocolate, white and chocolate milk are all included. Also juices for breakfast. Flavored waters are usually only in the buffet.

Yes the food is very good and lots of choices. Included are three main dining rooms each with a subtly different menu on the "fixed" half the menu. The other half changes each evening with daily specialties. Also included have the Garden Cafe buffet, O'Sheehans 24x7 pub style restaurant (wings, fish and chips, pastrami sandwiches, etc, YUM!), and room service. If you do change your mind about dining in a specialty restaurant, Le Bistro (French) is favorite with many ($20 per person cover charge. You should consider specialty dining in NCL and Carnival (Pinnacle Steakhouse is amazing).

The entire sports complex is included: Big water slides, ropes course with zip line and walk the plank, rock wall, basketball course, mini golf, bungee trampoline, etc.

Coffee, hot tea (regular and herbal), hot chocolate, iced tea, flavored waters, milk, and juice (breakfast only).

Answers above. Bon voyage!

Don't forget there are 3 MDRs. For a change from the big Tropicana, you also have the smaller and more intamate Taste and Savor. The menus may vary a little. Also included is 24 hour O'Sheehans. They serve Rib and Prime Rib dinners at night. Also cooked to order breakfasts if you tire of the buffet or MDRs. We also had the buffet a few nights and thought it was very good. Some of the offerings will probably be off the menu from the MDR.

For the person who asked about where to eat on boarding, I am not sure if Flamingos is open at embarkation or not, if so, you can get into the Miami vibe right away. Great Cuban food. It is easy to forget it's there. Look for it near Spice H2O. If not, the buffet is easy. There were always many open tables on our cruise. We often had our lunch on the outdoor tables. One of the MDRs will be open also and will be much quieter. The Freestyle Daily they hand you when you sign up for your ship card will list the venues which are open for lunch that day and their locations.

Edited by punkincc