Chikungunya

OK, so where did they go? Were they all traveling together? Cruise related?

It's cruise related because there was a thread about it being in st. Marten last week. I thought it might be of interest to some. If your not interested in what I posted I'm sorry.

Dengue fever is the one to be concerned about, the one you are posting about is a walk in the park compare to dengue. Far more fatal, worse complications all over the carb and been around a lot longer, come to Canada you can get West Nile from a bite. Deet solves the problem. I am sure there is West Nile in the USA if you are not going to protect yourself things can happen ....

It's cruise related because there was a thread about it being in st. Marten last week. I thought it might be of interest to some. If your not interested in what I posted I'm sorry.

The fact that there are cases of Chik in St Martin and other Caribbean islands means nothing unless the CDC says this is where the folks in NJ got it AND they were on a cruise there vs land vacation. What we are asking is, was there any indication of this in whatever you read or heard? Maybe a mosquito hitched a ride and it is now in our mosquito population, just like West Nile Virus.

Tell me 24 people in NJ have Ebola and I'll get excited about it.

2 dozen people have been diagnosed with chikungunya in New Jersey as per news 12.

Senator Shumar said "We need to check our borders" in reference to all the cases of Chikungunya being reported. I do not think he was referring to mosquitos on the border but to the illegal immigrants who could be carrying this disease with them. If they are carriers and mosquitos in this country bite and draw blood and than bite another person the disease will spread. This is the same as if a mosquito in this country bites a person carrying Chikungunya back from Africa or the Carribean and than moves on to another person.