Freedom of the Seas drydock

We just got off the Freedom today and from the two Crown and Anchor talks I went to and the "All Access Tour" here's what I heard the captain say:

24 days in dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas

Addition of cabins on deck 3 where the Crypt currently is.

Addition of Mexican restaurant on deck 4 of crypt.

Conversion of Olive or Twist to make it the nightclub

Addition of cabins on deck 12 near the spa.

New carpeting throughout the ship (much needed from my perspective)

Repair of current disabled pod

Maintenance of the other pods and other below water items

Upgrades to the bridge electrical systems

That's just the big stuff. Of course there will be tons of welding and maintenance done through out.

He did not mention any upgrades to the cabins or suites. However, I didn't hear anyone specifically ask him that.

Hope that helps!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

so has anyone heard if hairspray is coming or not?

On the All Access Tour, I was told that the recent cast had just finished being "installed." They will continue to rehearse the current shows which are "new" to them and that's it. I also saw the wings and it is a tight space. I was given no impression that Hairspray was coming aboard in the immediate future. 😕

Thanks for all the info beachbooles!!

Hope you had a good cruise!

Cheryl

It was a fabulous time ... Our 3rd trip on the Freedom. The shorter port times and delay arriving was a little bummer but then again it made for more ship time on port days which can be very relaxing and fun.

If I think of anything else they said, I'll post it here. I didn't rebook Freedom for next year and felt so guilty! I'm dying to see all the changes.

We will try out Oasis next year.

Have fun!!😄👍

Portofino to Giovanni's?

Adding Izumi?

Cupcake Cupboard moving to smaller location?

Thank you for jogging my memory...Yes, Giovanni's Table instead of portofino.

No Izumi that he mentioned. The cruise sales staff claiming it was going into one deck of crypt space, but captain said, TWICE, deck 3 will have cabins installed where crypt is and then Mexican restaurant on deck 4.

He made no mention of the Cupcake shop. No one asked the question and he never offered it, in the 3 times I heard details of dry dock. So ..maybe??

I think it's going to be fun to hear what really happens in dry dock.

From before I boarded, and even during the cruise, the information was always different, depending on who you asked. So, the only one that I believed with certainty was the Captain. I'm sure he didn't detail everything either, since it often depended on what questions were asked too.

I haven't heard that Ben and Jerry's is going any place, just that cupcakes will be in with the ice cream. I think that's what they did on Oasis. People have been joking that it will be called the cupboard pantry. :confused::confused::confused:

Cheryl

We just got off the Freedom today and from the two Crown and Anchor talks I went to and the "All Access Tour" here's what I heard the captain say:

24 days in dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas

Addition of cabins on deck 3 where the Crypt currently is.

Addition of Mexican restaurant on deck 4 of crypt.

Conversion of Olive or Twist to make it the nightclub

Addition of cabins on deck 12 near the spa.

New carpeting throughout the ship (much needed from my perspective)

Repair of current disabled pod

Maintenance of the other pods and other below water items

Upgrades to the bridge electrical systems

That's just the big stuff. Of course there will be tons of welding and maintenance done through out.

He did not mention any upgrades to the cabins or suites. However, I didn't hear anyone specifically ask him that.

Hope that helps!

This is great info- thank you!! Might I add, we also know for a fact that Giovanni's is coming- this has been confirmed by RC.

On the negative side, I'm going to miss the running track going all the way to the front of the ship. I maybe in the minority, but I liked fighting a 50mph head wind and then turning the corner.

On the negative side, I'm going to miss the running track going all the way to the front of the ship. I maybe in the minority, but I liked fighting a 50mph head wind and then turning the corner.

We're going to miss it, too. It's always a part of our morning and evening walks around the ship. I'll admit though, usually pretty empty up in that area.

No more Olive or Twist? Color me disappointed :(

I believe they will still have Olive or Twist. My guess is that they will only be taking away the card and game rooms, but the main area will still be available for general use.