BOGOHO sale again?......

The prices have been Crazy. I've kept track since we booked in May and this is how erratic its been.

Allure of the Seas - Feb 7th Western B1 Boardwalk Balcony (3 of us) Canadian $'s quoted

May 19th - Canadian Residents Sale $2980

May 20th - BOGOHO Sale $3509

June 2nd - WOW/BOGOHO Sale $3509

June 6th - BOGOHO Sale $3528

July 16th - Some 3rd psngr. discount sale $4115.76

July 25th -Some 3rd psngr. discount sale $4339

July 29th - Some % off 1st & 2nd pax sale $3838

July 31st - Some % off 1st & 2nd pax sale $3884

Aug 1st - BOGOHO Sale $3774

This new BOGO sale is more expensive then the last one.

Yeah, it's been a roller coaster, if that coaster was mostly going uphill. Someone mentioned this earlier, but the prices were pretty much rock-bottom when the earlier BOGO started. Those that booked between 5/1 and 5/3 reported savings into the thousands.

Got Bogoho price drop of $59 on navigator 2015 cruise that I booked just yesterday. Total drop was $89 but the insurance went up $30 on the first passenger. (it's an inside double)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is insurance a flat rate or based on age and price you are paying?

Not sure how insurance could go up if the price went down.:confused:

Bill

Yeah, it's been a roller coaster, if that coaster was mostly going uphill. Someone mentioned this earlier, but the prices were pretty much rock-bottom when the earlier BOGO started. Those that booked between 5/1 and 5/3 reported savings into the thousands.

and since then the prices are in another stratosphere.

After these 2 cruises I have booked are sailed i won't be back on RCI at these prices.

Bill

I booked my Australia Cruise over a year ago and have been doing mock bookings every few days since then. The price has gone up for the most part and I was glad I booked early as I got the cabin I really wanted, corner aft JS. But this morning I did my mock booking and discovered that the price has dropped by $312. I haven't called yet as I am at work and have not had time to make a call. I'm hoping that RC will just adjust what I owe them. My final payment is due 8/14!

Is insurance a flat rate or based on age and price you are paying?

Not sure how insurance could go up if the price went down.:confused:

Bill

RCI CruiseCare is based on total cruisefare and not age. With the BOGOHO, the insurance would be based on each passenger's cruise fare and would not be the same for both.

Finally they have sorted the pricing for solos. :D

I did send an email asking if there was a glitch when a solo was expected to pay $900 MORE than 2 people were paying. :eek:

Now I can go cruise shopping :D

Good luck Liz!!!!:)

Finally they have sorted the pricing for solos. :D

I did send an email asking if there was a glitch when a solo was expected to pay $900 MORE than 2 people were paying. :eek:

Now I can go cruise shopping :D

Took less than a day this time. I guess when they get an email from you, they jump now!:D

These BOGOHO and 3/4th pax sail free promotions are making my head spin... I'm starting to get frustrated - when I see 3/4th pax sail free, I check into a July 2015 sailing with 4 in a cabin, one week on the Freedom.

$2,274 pp for a D1 category? Come on, people, really? A 7 day balcony cruise in July on the Freedom has always ranged from $1100-$1400 pp.

Sure.. 3/4 pax are $0. total is $4,734 including port fees for all 4 people crammed into a D1 (which I would never do - just trying to get a feel for this sale)

This is making me not want to even look anymore..

Sigh...

No they don't -the majority of most sailings are first time cruisers. It's only folks on CC (a small minority of the cruising public) that really know what's going on. :cool:

I agree. For my first RC cruise in 2005, I went to a TA and she suggested an OS on Ex. Ok, sounds good.

I did not think to compare prices in any way. It was only when I was on line, waiting to board, and someone was talking about what they paid, that I realized you could pay substantially different amounts for the same cruise.

Another pricing example:

Oasis, Sep 2015, JS:

BOGOHO1: $1278

BOGOHO2: $1762

How about this?

Allure Jan. 18, 2015 for a GS

BOGOHO1 = $1741

BOGOHO2 = $2119

Allure Jan. 25, 2015 GS

BOGOHO1 = $1284

BOGOHO2 = $1849

Allure Feb. 1, 2015 GS

BOGOHO1 = $1596

BOGOHO2 = $1969

Another pricing example:

Oasis, Sep 2015, JS:

BOGOHO1: $1278

BOGOHO2: $1762

$1278 for 2 for 7 days?? If so that is a GREAT price!!

Edit you must mean base price for 1 :)

Edited by molly361

I don't think so!!:D That would be 1/2 of the first cruise fare that has been inflated for a second time.

I just edited my post after I thought some more. :) I was ready to jump all over that one!!

Edited by molly361

$1278 for 2 for 7 days?? If so that is a GREAT price!!

I imagine that's per person. Still a good price for those ships - they are pricey girls. If it's just the lower rate and the first person's rate is $2554, then the total is $3832, so an average of $1916, not a good price at all.

I don't think so!!:D That would be 1/2 of the first cruise fare that has been inflated for a second time.

You just gave me a headache.;) Is that the average price per person listed or just the second person's rate with the first person's being double that at $2554 (if I did the math correctly)?

When we booked OA for 2016, the average price per person for a CLS was $2500 and change, which is a terrific price for that category (we usally see $3500+) - GS were $1600 and JS were $1200 (rounding). The CLS went up to over $5000pp a couple of days ago.:eek: I haven't looked at it since the new BOGOHO went into effect.

You just gave me a headache.;) Is that the average price per person listed or just the second person's rate with the first person's being double that at $2554 (if I did the math correctly)?

When we booked OA for 2016, the average price per person for a CLS was $2500 and change, which is a terrific price for that category (we usally see $3500+) - GS were $1600 and JS were $1200 (rounding). The CLS went up to over $5000pp a couple of days ago.:eek: I haven't looked at it since the new BOGOHO went into effect.

Oh my, don't want that hair to get any curlier!!:D

That would be the HO of today's published cruise fare.

When we booked on Rhapsody on May 1, our GS on Allure for Jan 18 averaged to $2612pp, Jan. 25 averaged to $1626pp and Feb. 1 averaged to $2395pp.

Edited by cruisenfever

How about this?

Allure Jan. 18, 2015 for a GS

BOGOHO1 = $1741

BOGOHO2 = $2119

Allure Jan. 25, 2015 GS

BOGOHO1 = $1284

BOGOHO2 = $1849

Allure Feb. 1, 2015 GS

BOGOHO1 = $1596

BOGOHO2 = $1969

I can't believe you're getting an Allure GS for $1284. I thought I was doing good to get the Oasis JS for $1278. Have they increased the PC discount?;)

I can't believe you're getting an Allure GS for $1284. I thought I was doing good to get the Oasis JS for $1278. Have they increased the PC discount?;)

LOL, no I don't think so.

On that particular cruise the published cruise fare, on May when we booked, was $2569pp. Today the published cruise fare is $3699pp.:eek:

Edited by cruisenfever