Maasdam cabin location question

Mrsfrz

We booked an outside guarantee for our cruise next week and were assigned cabin 306 on the Lower Promenade deck. HAL said this is a partial sea view, blocked by the ship's beams. The cabin is a few cabins from the front of the ship and on the port side. Is anyone familiar with this location and how big the beams are? We were hoping for an unobstructed large window, but that's the chance we took. Also, is there any advantage or disadvantage to being on this deck? Our group of friends are all on the lowest deck midship. We booked separately and ended up here. The one positive thing I've read about the location is that it's easy to get on and off the ship. We will be fine, but I was just curious what to expect. I don't think we can request a change because the ship is full. This is our first cruise. Thanks!

We booked an outside guarantee for our cruise next week and were assigned cabin 306 on the Lower Promenade deck. HAL said this is a partial sea view, blocked by the ship's beams. The cabin is a few cabins from the front of the ship and on the port side. Is anyone familiar with this location and how big the beams are? We were hoping for an unobstructed large window, but that's the chance we took. Also, is there any advantage or disadvantage to being on this deck? Our group of friends are all on the lowest deck midship. We booked separately and ended up here. The one positive thing I've read about the location is that it's easy to get on and off the ship. We will be fine, but I was just curious what to expect. I don't think we can request a change because the ship is full. This is our first cruise. Thanks!

You will look out your window on to the deck. Across the deck there are large openings. Out of them you can see the ocean. I like being on the Lower Promenade deck. You can walk out of your cabin and exit just down the hall, and you will have deck chairs right there.

We loved our Maasdam cruise. Have a fun trip!

AC

Edited by CaliforniaAC

You will have a partial obstruction of ship's superstructure across the promenade from your window. Your cabin is a little further forward than I care to be, but not by much. It may be a tad bumpier here if the seas get rough, but nothing to get worried about.

The advantages of your cabin are that there won't be much traffic in this area, either inside or out, so it will be quiet. It's an easy hop outdoors, including to muster; no crowds to plow through.

You have a connecting cabin, but this should not be a problem. I had a similar cabin on the Rotterdam. The connecting door was at the foot of the bed, on the same side as the desk. It didn't take away from anything except wall space. There was no loss of a closet, desk space, or sofa.

Have a good time.

The Lower Promenade on the "S" class ships is our favorite place to be. So easy to get outside and enjoy the walkaround deck.

We've been in cabins on the stern several times, in a lanai, and in an inside on the "S" class (Maasdam, Ryndam, and Veendam) and have enjoyed all of them.

We love the Lower Promenade deck on the "S" and "R" class ships. That's where you will always find us when we sail HAL's smaller ships. Having a cabin on that deck makes it quick to go out to the outside deck and get the best view of everything. You should enjoy the location. One tip you might want to consider. When we cruise on the LP deck we always arrange ahead of time to have the beds done up as twins. That way you can stand in the space between the beds for a better view out the window, rather than standing on the bed. Have a great cruise with your friends.

Edited by Linda&Vern

306 is the 4th window from the front (near end of the bench) so you are opposite a large opening. It is a "partial view" only because you can not see water looking hard to the right.

2rwahab.jpg

Edited by jtl513