El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Should be some deals early December. Maybe August/September.

Thanks Sarah I will keep my fingers crossed. I was nearly tempted to book the Solstice 9th Dec but it was expensive. Especially when you add air fares from Coffs and a nights hotel stay in Syd.

US/Caribbean or Asia/Sub continent to Med but needs to be a bargain of course.:D

Moving 2 Celebrity Cruises 1 to Ultimate Caribbean Reflection and 1 to Westbound Panama Canal Infinity Mar/Apr 2018. Had booked these reservations to Barcelona in US$ ages ago. Unfortunately now to expensive to do. So hoping our dollar may change for the better in 2018. Deposits were given back to me in the way of OBC on my last cruise so these reservations don't really owe me anything.

Thanks Sarah I will keep my fingers crossed. I was nearly tempted to book the Solstice 9th Dec but it was expensive. Especially when you add air fares from Coffs and a nights hotel stay in Syd.

Celebrity can afford to hold their prices on solstice because it being the only ship sailing here for them. They are very expensive.

Celebrity can afford to hold their prices on solstice because it being the only ship sailing here for them. They are very expensive.

I think it is the best ship by far however, the pricing is becoming ridiculously expensive for most cruises.

They might get dedicated Celebrity cruisers at those prices but if they are not competitive with other cruise lines they are not going to get too many newbies.

I agree, after July the Dec and Jan deals should start to come through.

When do the cruise lines start offering last minute deals? Is it after final deposits are paid and they know what cabins are available or is it later?

When do the cruise lines start offering last minute deals? Is it after final deposits are paid and they know what cabins are available or is it later?

The last minute sales are generally around the 45 days or less but it really depends on how well the cruise is selling. It may happen earlier or not at all. They may only offer some cabin categories or it may be every category. It is all about filling the ship and getting paying passengers aboard.

Edited by MicCanberra

They might get dedicated Celebrity cruisers at those prices but if they are not competitive with other cruise lines they are not going to get too many newbies.

I thought I was going to become a dedicated Celebrity cruiser... and was booked on their Xmas/New Year cruise for this year (booked while onboard the Millenium for Xmas/New Year 18 months ago)... but have recently cancelled and booked the Emerald Princess. Granted, I have to travel in early January now but am doing 2 x B2B on the Emerald in twin aft facing balconies for 19 nights total instead of 12 nights on Celebrity in a 4 berth family verandah.

The total cost of the 2 Princess cruises for 19 nights (in a twin) is about the same as I was paying for 12 nights (in a quad) on Celebrity.

Also, the Solstice Xmas cruise is about twice the price as my last 2 Celebrity cruises at the same time of year out of Singapore and Hong Kong. It's a terrible shame that it's cheaper to fly overseas and cruise from there, and the ports are more interesting as well.

Sometimes they do a push just before final payment or just afterwards. And sometime the price never goes down the cheapest it ever was, was when it was first released. That happened a couple of times to me. I guess you just got to work out in your mind what is a good price and decide when to pull the trigger. It can also depend on the cruise itinerary. How many cruises and lines are doing that route. The more then potential for pricing drops. If there is only one cruise or a couple doing that route then they might sell out.

Sometimes they do a push just before final payment or just afterwards. And sometime the price never goes down the cheapest it ever was, was when it was first released. That happened a couple of times to me. I guess you just got to work out in your mind what is a good price and decide when to pull the trigger. It can also depend on the cruise itinerary. How many cruises and lines are doing that route. The more then potential for pricing drops. If there is only one cruise or a couple doing that route then they might sell out.

Pretty much what we do. Find a cruise we like at a price we can live with.

If it's a line that will let you refare, watch prices closely, if a line that won't refare, never look again.

Pretty much what we do. Find a cruise we like at a price we can live with.

If it's a line that will let you refare, watch prices closely, if a line that won't refare, never look again.

For me it depends why I am cruising. If I am going for a planned holiday then I will pay more for the itinerary, timing and cabin that I want. But recently I went for a 7 day cruise on the Pacific Aria - booked 2 weeks out, paid next to nothing, didn't care about cabin category or itinerary... in fact didn't even bother getting off the ship in the ports as I've been to them all several times before.

So I guess my point is, sometimes I am looking for a particular cruise and pay accordingly, and sometimes I just want a cheap break. Whatever your circumstances are will govern how you "shop" for cruises and what you'll be happy with purchasing.

For me it depends why I am cruising. If I am going for a planned holiday then I will pay more for the itinerary, timing and cabin that I want. But recently I went for a 7 day cruise on the Pacific Aria - booked 2 weeks out, paid next to nothing, didn't care about cabin category or itinerary... in fact didn't even bother getting off the ship in the ports as I've been to them all several times before.

So I guess my point is, sometimes I am looking for a particular cruise and pay accordingly, and sometimes I just want a cheap break. Whatever your circumstances are will govern how you "shop" for cruises and what you'll be happy with purchasing.

Certainly, I paid a bit more per day for my last cruise than I normally like to pay, but it was a "bucket list" cruise, and to get mid ship, which is crucial for Mrs Gut, we had to go an extended balcony, but it was a price I could accept for that cruise, I would have paid that per day rate for our next cruise, an itinerary we've done multiple times, but then the one after is a very similar itinerary, BUT on Cunard, so we are paying a bit more again.

Agreed, it is also about priorities for yourself, do you want a particular cruise or cabin etc, If not, just wait for something to suit your budget.

Agreed, it is also about priorities for yourself, do you want a particular cruise or cabin etc, If not, just wait for something to suit your budget.

Agree what I am looking for this time is a cheap getaway not something on my bucket list. Guess that's why I did not jump in on the Solstice ( love this ship). Although I am not sure I would enjoy P&O.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S 72 HOUR SALE!

TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK - Get in quick Royal Caribbean's sale is only for 72 hours!

Receive huge savings off selected Explorer and Voyager of the Seas sailings. Cruise 7 nights to the South Pacific from only $599pp, twin share! That's as little as $86pp, per night!

This sale is one not to be missed! Hurry these prices won't last long! Sale ends Friday 24th June 2016 9:59am AEDT or until sold out.

Date Ship Duration Itinerary Twin Price

01-Nov-2016 Voyager of the Seas 7 nights South Pacific $599pp, twin share

20-Nov-2016 Explorer of the Seas 9 nights South Pacific $628pp, twin share

29-Nov-2016 Explorer of the Seas 9 nights South Pacific $628pp, twin share

19-Nov-2016 Voyager of the Seas 11 nights South Pacific & Fiji $880pp, twin share

06-Oct-2016 Explorer of the Seas 27 nights Fly, Cruise & Stay $3099pp, twin share - or you can do the cruise from $1559 pp inside.

Here is a sneak peak to Carnival's 72 hour sale starting tomorrow at 12:01am!

Check out below, the reduced rates aboard Carnival Legend and Spirit for October and November 2016 departures.

Cruise 9 nights to the South Pacific from only $629pp, twin share! That's as little as $70pp, per night!

Date Ship Duration Itinerary Twin Price

12-Oct-2016 Carnival Spirit 8 nights South Pacific $559pp, twin share

11-Oct-2016 Carnival Legend 8 nights South Pacific $609pp, twin share

19-Oct-2016 Carnival Legend 9 nights South Pacific $629pp, twin share

13-Nov-2016 Carnival Spirit 9 nights South Pacific $629pp, twin share

17-Nov-2016 Carnival Legend 9 nights South Pacific $629pp, twin share

03-Oct-2016 Carnival Spirit 9 nights South Pacific $739pp, twin share

22-Nov-2016 Carnival Spirit 10 nights South Pacific $739pp, twin share

26-Nov-2016 Carnival Legend 10 nights South Pacific $719pp, twin share

*Prices and offers are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at anytime.

Edited by icat2000

I think it is the best ship by far however, the pricing is becoming ridiculously expensive for most cruises.

Would definitely have agreed with you Mic about Solstice being the best ship by far ... until last week when we stepped on board the Ovation of the Seas. This is the most amazing ship - you and Rosie will need to try it some time!

Explorer of the Seas , Seattle to Sydney..

ROYAL CARIBBEAN EXPLORER OF THE SEAS: SEATTLE TO SYDNEY DEPARTING 8TH OCTOBER 2016 (25 NIGHTS)

Departs Seattle 8th October 2016

Allocated staterooms on sale until this Friday at amazing prices.;)

Explorer of the Seas , Seattle to Sydney..

ROYAL CARIBBEAN EXPLORER OF THE SEAS: SEATTLE TO SYDNEY DEPARTING 8TH OCTOBER 2016 (25 NIGHTS)

Allocated staterooms on sale until this Friday at amazing prices.;)

$1559 pp cheap cheap

A Princess cruise I have my eye on is currently $2200 for a balcony. Friends went on exactly the same cruise in January and a balcony cost them $1500. Keeping my eye on it and my fingers crossed. It goes to the obligatory Noumea and Port Vila but we haven't been to the rest of the ports.

It's either that or one out of Singapore currently at $1770 for a balcony but both are in November so they haven't reached final payment yet.

$1559 pp cheap cheap

Is that the Australian price?

The newsletter sent through today quotes NZ prices as...

from $86 per day

Interior Cabin ONLY $2159 per person

Ocean View Cabin ONLY $2369 per person

Balcony Cabin ONLY $2679 per person

CONDITIONS

* Cabins are on a GUARANTEE & will be allocated by Royal Caribbean closer to sailing

* A $400.00 deposit is due on confirmation

* Pricing includes Gratuities

* Full payment due no later than 26th July 2016

Lets Enquire