El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Found the page again  'tripped over it'   read the small print and found the extras (most mandatory) add up to  around $600 per person    not now such a good bargain

I also found elsewhere a similar trip the 13 night cruise being on the emerald Princess 26th October  with $185 obc  not many extras  $3199 from Sydney

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, windsor26 said:

Found the page again  'tripped over it'   read the small print and found the extras (most mandatory) add up to  around $600 per person    not now such a good bargain

I also found elsewhere a similar trip the 13 night cruise being on the emerald Princess 26th October  with $185 obc  not many extras  $3199 from Sydney

Hi there,

I am new to this thread so don't know the rules and how to find the sites or deals people are talking about on here 😟

I have been searching and cant find prices any where near these..can you name he site on here ???

Thanks Karen

52 minutes ago, Kazzygirl said:

Hi there,

I am new to this thread so don't know the rules and how to find the sites or deals people are talking about on here 😟

I have been searching and cant find prices any where near these..can you name he site on here ???

Thanks Karen

Sorry Karen that is against the rules  I googl;ed it originally  with  name of ship and date and eventually found it   sorry I could not assist   It is so long ago I cannot even remember to give a hint 

Thanks MicCanberra, I thought stating specific sites would be a no no. Probably could use code of some ort as most of us who are savvy enough to use this site are seasoned cruisers who are looking at deals across the same sites.

Is there another thread that covers deals too?

I did find this if anyone can go last minute, leaving 27 April

14 Night Transpacific Cruise departing from Tokyo, Japan on the Celebrity for about $60pnpp

Happy cruising all

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to do this one but don't have a cabin buddy ATM.

Nov 3 2019

24 nights

MSC Divina

2 nights hotel Milan

Cruise to Genoa, Rome, Valencia, Lisbon, Ponta Delgarda (o/nite) Bridgetown(Barbados), Forte de France, Phillipsburg NJ, San Juan (Puerto Rico) o/nite, Florida, 2 nights hotel.

Return flights including taxes.

"All Inclusive" drinks package.

Fr $4499 (inside), $5499 o/v, $6400 balcony, $8999 suite. ex Perth. A bit more from other cities.

59 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That sounds a good deal, have you sailed MSC before?

Have never cruised MSC, there's always a first time. It's been some time since I've read any MSC reviews but from what I remember they were favourable.

7 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Let us know how you go and if you book it.

I got a quote for single supplement, outside, unobstructed view, deck 8 or 5, ex Sydney for $8399. Normal rate is $6199pp. How does that sound? I'm more than a little apprehensive about going solo.

I think grats are USD12 p/day x 20 = USD240. Prices above are AUD.

27 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I got a quote for single supplement, outside, unobstructed view, deck 8 or 5, ex Sydney for $8399. Normal rate is $6199pp. How does that sound? I'm more than a little apprehensive about going solo.

A long time to be solo, if you do not manage to connect with any one for some company at least for some of the day (trivia or dinners, etc) it would get old real fast.

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

One thing I'd say to be wary of, if you're apprehensive of going solo, is that MSC have more international guests i.e. non English speakers than other cruises you're used to. As it's going to the US it will probably have more English speakers than standard, and I haven't sailed that route before, but based on European sailings, they may have only <20% English speakers.

That's fine for the onboard experience (as they cater equally well for all, and it works well), but it makes things quieter in terms of communicating with, or meeting other passengers.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

A long time to be solo, if you do not manage to connect with any one for some company at least for some of the day (trivia or dinners, etc) it would get old real fast.

Unlikely to be trivia because of the language issue.

They run other activities and demos instead, less reliant on language.

My research tends to show that this ship/cruise is aimed at the American market so there should be plenty of them. I have no problem with foreign language speakers as I like learning from them. I have a smattering of German, Spanish, Italian and high school French.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

My research tends to show that this ship/cruise is aimed at the American market so there should be plenty of them. I have no problem with foreign language speakers as I like learning from them. I have a smattering of German, Spanish, Italian and high school French.

I am sure you will be fine.

21 hours ago, lyndarra said:

You appear to have secured a geat deal and it could get better if you end up with a cabin mate😉.I consider it more than likely to happen with over seven months to go before your cruise, you will have more than one person wanting to join you.

Good luck in finding someone.

BTW it may be a worthwhile to post what characteristics you require in a Cabin Buddy and arrange a time and place for a  meeting of interested folk.

Is there already a Roll Call for your cruise on Cruise Critic? If not start one. I've met many Cabin Mates/Buddies who actually met on Roll Calls. Think about it, you may end up with a group, all sigles sharing cabins

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Have booked, with the option to add a cabin buddy if one became available. It came with "all Inclusive" drink package, whatever that means. I forgot to ask.

Nice work. Hope you can get a buddy along with you.

9 hours ago, tobytoby said:

You appear to have secured a geat deal and it could get better if you end up with a cabin mate😉.I consider it more than likely to happen with over seven months to go before your cruise, you will have more than one person wanting to join you.

Good luck in finding someone.

BTW it may be a worthwhile to post what characteristics you require in a Cabin Buddy and arrange a time and place for a  meeting of interested folk.

Is there already a Roll Call for your cruise on Cruise Critic? If not start one. I've met many Cabin Mates/Buddies who actually met on Roll Calls. Think about it, you may end up with a group, all sigles sharing cabins

Thanks for the advice. Being single is new territory for me so I may have to ease into it. I take things a day at a time ATM.

There is a roll call already.

Edited by lyndarra
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Thanks for the advice. Being single is new territory for me so I may have to ease into it. I take things a day at a time ATM.

There is a roll call already.

Good news, I am sure that you will make a connection on the roll call with some like minded people.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:41 PM, lyndarra said:

The price sounds OK for a solo.

but agree about the language barrier, but I’ve found I can converse pretty well with most Europeans, their English is way better than my European languages, but then I’m a hermit.