El Cheapo Cruises Thread

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Which specifics? 🙂 I will have a look at the link to Newcastle attractions.

Newcastle sounds more interesting than I thought it would be. I am keen on Greenland and Iceland, two of the few places we haven't been to. 😊

Things like which airline and flights, which hotels at each end, are transfers included etc. Also how big a deposit and when final payment is.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Things like which airline and flights, which hotels at each end, are transfers included etc. Also how big a deposit and when final payment is.

Flights aren't booked yet because schedules aren't available more than a year in advance. The airline is likely to be Cathay or Emirates. It has to be one that flies both into New York and London. If the passenger doesn't like the suggested airline they can choose another carrier and pay any difference in price. Also if the passenger wants more time in NY or London, they can pay the additional cost. Transfers are not included.

Hotels are good. In NY it is the Hotel Beacon. I saw on line that the per night price for us to book is in the mid $600s per night. In London it is H10 London Waterloo. These are rated at three to four star.

We have now booked this trip. Using our Princess FCD we had to pay $600 deposit for two people. The next payment in early October when the airfares are booked. Final payment is 22nd April, 2020.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Flights aren't booked yet because schedules aren't available more than a year in advance. The airline is likely to be Cathay or Emirates. It has to be one that flies both into New York and London. If the passenger doesn't like the suggested airline they can choose another carrier and pay any difference in price. Also if the passenger wants more time in NY or London, they can pay the additional cost. Transfers are not included.

Hotels are good. In NY it is the Hotel Beacon. I saw on line that the per night price for us to book is in the mid $600s per night. In London it is H10 London Waterloo. These are rated at three to four star.

We have now booked this trip. Using our Princess FCD we had to pay $600 deposit for two people. The next payment in early October when the airfares are booked. Final payment is 22nd April, 2020.

Good work, sounds like you have done what I would do and research the deals o that you can then make an informed decision.

Nice discount on the Ruby Princess 30th Dec for Kiwis. 

Managed to re fare our Obstructed Ocean view cabin and saved over $1700! 

Goes to show daily checking pays sometimes. 

Not sure how long it will last. 

1 hour ago, MargoK said:

Nice discount on the Ruby Princess 30th Dec for Kiwis. 

Managed to re fare our Obstructed Ocean view cabin and saved over $1700! 

Goes to show daily checking pays sometimes. 

Not sure how long it will last. 

Can I ask what was involved in your re-fare?

I often see it talked about, but I have no idea how you go about it.

Do you have to cancel the original booking and rebook? If so, do you lose OBC or deposit, and maybe also risk losing your chosen cabin?

2 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Can I ask what was involved in your re-fare?

I often see it talked about, but I have no idea how you go about it.

Do you have to cancel the original booking and rebook? If so, do you lose OBC or deposit, and maybe also risk losing your chosen cabin?

Had never had the option before so I rang and asked. Had booked using future cruise credit. Not sure if that helped or not. 

Lost the perks on the original booking but not a biggie. OBC was the same lost specialty dining and bottle of wine. Kept our accessible cabin. 

Our friend opted to change cabins. 

It does depend on the 'special' conditions are. 

5 days from Melbourne to Adelaide (Phillip Island, Port Lincoln, Kangaroo Island) on Golden Princess 27 Oct 19 from $549 on their website. Make sure you're signed in to see that price otherwise it shows as from $909.

Edited by voluntr57
mistake

12 minutes ago, voluntr57 said:

5 days from Melbourne to Adelaide (Phillip Island, Port Lincoln, Kangaroo Island) on Golden Princess 27 Oct 19 from $549 on their website. Make sure you're signed in to see that price otherwise it shows as from $909.

Looking for this and not finding the price anywhere?  Is it their official site?

1 hour ago, voluntr57 said:

Thanks voluntr57. Booked a short break

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voluntr57 said:

If interested, the same deal the other way as well, but on Nov 19.

9 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

If interested, the same deal the other way as well, but on Nov 19.

Thanks, I forgot to mention that one. I was originally going to book Adelaide to Melbourne but went for Melbourne to Adelaide instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 4:29 AM, Port Power said:

Ruby Princess 14 night “New Year’s Eve” cruise from Auckland to Sydney including flights (and that’s from Perth). 

$5395 for the cabin with two passengers. $193 pp/night. Plus $100 OBC.

Not quite the Carnival bargain, but pretty good for that time of year.

Or without flights

$1799 inside

$2399 ov

$2499 balcony

$3199 mini suite

Twin share pp

24 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Just realised it’s one way😫🤯

But then it goes back to Sydney from Auckland on the reverse itinerary. Or you could stay in Auckland for a few days and go back on Ruby Princess.

12 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But then it goes back to Sydney from Auckland on the reverse itinerary. Or you could stay in Auckland for a few days and go back on Ruby Princess.

Have your read the “if you won the lottery thread?”

cause I have won it yet.

• Haha 1

HI bargain hunters - Just noticed Princess has a new sale TODAY  until 27th June called Mid Year Clearance including a cruise we are all ready on that is drastically reduced 

13th October 2019 Majestic Princess Syd - Tassie 5 days

Balcony $819 Mini suite $869 ($173 PPPD) There are more bargains but we cant fit another one in !!!!

Good hunting

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peterpatter said:

HI bargain hunters - Just noticed Princess has a new sale TODAY  until 27th June called Mid Year Clearance including a cruise we are all ready on that is drastically reduced 

13th October 2019 Majestic Princess Syd - Tassie 5 days

Balcony $819 Mini suite $869 ($173 PPPD) There are more bargains but we cant fit another one in !!!!

Good hunting

Yeah looks like a substantial drop on my Dec tassie cruise, just waiting to hear back on a re-fare

1 minute ago, phoenixx said:

Ooh I got all excited reading this as I'm on Alaska cruise in 2020, so called Princess and mine had gone down.....drumroll.... a grand total of NZ$40 each 😁

Oh well every little helps!

Yep, better 40 than nothing

49 minutes ago, Peterpatter said:

HI bargain hunters - Just noticed Princess has a new sale TODAY 

Thank you so much for the heads up. I just re-booked my New Zealand cruise and save $900. Woo hoo!

• Thanks 1

I put a hold on majestic sailing out of Auckland on 27 December. Going to see if we can get offship in Melbourne rather than Sydney saves us flights from Sydney if possible. Just book inside guaranteed. Fingers crossed Pete work lets him have time off otherwise might have to go solo. Haha

sarah