El Cheapo Cruises Thread

2 minutes ago, ninjacat8 said:

In MHO that sounds expensive, for what is happening evewhere,  we are on Queen Elizabeth $2100 good grade unobstructed balcony 27 days

I agree. The prices sounded very high to me. $200 per night for a balcony cabin is not a bargain (that's approx what I was quoted) but at $100 per night I would grab it. I've decided to watch and wait. There might be a last minute deal for me in a few months, but if not I'll find something else. 

1 minute ago, icat2000 said:

QE was dirt cheap hence why that 27 days sold out in one day.

Re Sapphire bookings. I'm going to book my own on the Princess website. I believe everyone gets same opportunity and who knows how many the travel consultants have to book . I might be 150 of a list of 200. So I take my chances doing it myself. If I miss out, I miss out. 

Yep, same here, wait & see in around half an hour! Not sounding very positive though. 🙄

2 minutes ago, mum and son said:

I agree. The prices sounded very high to me. $200 per night for a balcony cabin is not a bargain (that's approx what I was quoted) but at $100 per night I would grab it. I've decided to watch and wait. There might be a last minute deal for me in a few months, but if not I'll find something else. 

Good luck finding that itinerary at 100 pp for balcony cabin. Never going to happen with Princess. Those itineraries always very popular with retirees.

Have you seen the prices for the Sea Princess Round Australia.  I could only find an interior for around $3000 last time I looked.  The TA actually quoted around $2690  for the Premium Balcony or thereabouts, will have to wait and see what happens.

Edited by Rustyone2018

6 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Good luck finding that itinerary at 100 pp for balcony cabin. Never going to happen with Princess. Those itineraries always very popular with retirees.

Sorry, should clarify my statement. I wasn't looking at the full circumnavigation. I'm looking at shorter cruises.

3 minutes ago, Rustyone2018 said:

Looks like the 17 day Northern Explorer on Sapphire Princess was sold out even before it went online.  I believe it was open to the US market before us.  

Wow that is really disgraceful of Princess if they did that.

Princess are back online & prices are about as advertised.

I am very dirty on the clean site that upped their prices by several hundrad dollars & tried to say it was the Princess price.

Told them where to stick it - but not before confirming a cabin with findings at a bit less than Princess & with $100 OBC.

44 minutes ago, traveldayz said:

Our TA went into work early this morning (WA) and managed to get most of what we wanted on the Sapphire , so very happy with her. 

Hey traveldzyz.  Looking for a good cruise TA.  Are you north or south?

On 2/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, VK3DQ said:

Hi Folks

We just booked on QE for April 1st North Island of New Zealand trip ,,, 11 nights

Air:
Yes
Yes
Yes

Air City:
Melbourne
Melbourne
Melbourne

PRICING DETAILS

All amounts are quoted in

Australian Dollars

Cruise
:

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses
:

Total Fare
:

Total Amount Received:
Net Due:
Payment Details
Booking is paid in full.

So $5613.82 for Three persons for the 11 days cruise including return air from Melbourne   this is for a Penthouse suite in queens grill 

Am I right in thinking that this was a rather good deal??

What do you think

Regards

John

Just got cabin allocation   6111 very happy boy ,,,but still waiting on air  arrangments   

Hi Folks  Just got our 

Edited by VK3DQ

new cabins released on QEII for March Aus sailings. EG Balcony on 6 day Tas cruise $800, NZ $1400 11 nights from the site ozzzies cruise from.

Take a look at same site for cruises on Carnival Splendour, starting at $387  nights twin.

Edited by shrekaus
added info

even cheaper if you cruise from oz. $387 for 30 July, and the 31 August departure includes $50 OBC.  We did this cruise 10 February, booked thro oz paid $490 and thought that was a bargain. As itinerary was changed we ended up with an extra $100 OBC.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

That is cheap, only issue is that the cruise may not get to some of the ports.

We didn't see this offer but I was helping my brother and his family book for the 31st of August.  My brother's missus went through the website and decided to see what the price was for the absolute lowest fare.  At the time, the interior price at the time was still listed at $749pp interior guarantee.  When she stepped through the booking process, it calculated the final total at $798 for both people for the cruise.  She stepped through the whole process again and this tie booked under mine and my partner's name.  Again, the website displayed $749pp but the total came out to $798 for us both.  It looks like we're all travelling in August.  It'll be my mum's birthday in early September so we got her a room too!  It's interior but at around $50 per day per person, who cares?

I've been to New Cal a few times so if a port is missed, I won't mind too much.

Edited by plettza
  • Like 1