Hawaiian Circle 15 day cruise - Help!

Frogso

I just made final payment for the Hawaiian Circle cruise in October and can't wait for my documents which of course are a number of weeks away. I have a few questions if anyone can help.

How many formal nights and when would they be held. I've read in other posts that there are usually 2 formal nights per 7 day cruise but I've also read that the nights in Hawaii are all usually casual.

Are there any informal nights? Also, if so, how many?

I'm also wondering about the cost of a soda card for that length of cruise.

Thanks for any information that you can share.

Your formal nights will most likely be while you're at-sea. There will probably be 3-4 formal nights, 2-3 informal, and the rest casual. I would expect the dining while in the islands will be casual as there will be shorex that are returning late, or in the evening.

Your docs will list the actual number of formal, informal and casual nights. The list will be in the first few pages of cruise contract booklet. The dates will be in your cabin information, BUT they are subject to change at the discretion of the captain and the HM due to weather etc.

Plan on the first formal nigh to be the 2nd night out, and the last to be 2 nights before you dock.

The soda card will be around $50, probabley a little higher, for 15 days.

The seas between San Diego and the islands can be rough, so if you're prone to motion sickness, take precautions.

Hope this helps,

GN

On our cruise last December there was a formal night the day we cruised past the Na Pali coast.(port day in the morning with an early departure) We sailed past the coast approximately 4:00-5:00 PM, then we were in open water. Plenty of time to dress formally. It was at the captain's discretion that one of the formal nights was a Black and White Ball.

Archived