Almaplena Nov 19th

C2174

I've finally made up my mind. This is where we are going to try to book for our upcoming Navigator cruise. Please tell me the beach is as clean as it is mentioned. The sea grass grosses me out. I've sent the request, I hope they get back to us soon. Who's coiming with us? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Almaplena is beautiful. We thought the beach was beautiful, the water was crystal blue and clear and we loved it there. It's my favorite place in Costa Maya so far and I haven't been able to find anyplace nicer in terms of the beach and water.

I have a complete review in my signature link with tons of pictures if you are interested in seeing the entire place.

Have a great cruise and trip to Almaplena. :)

Thanks Mistygirl. I did look at your review before the final decision. It was very helpfull. I got the rest of our group to join us, so there are six of us with confirmed reservations. :)

• 2 months later...
I've finally made up my mind. This is where we are going to try to book for our upcoming Navigator cruise. Please tell me the beach is as clean as it is mentioned. The sea grass grosses me out. I've sent the request, I hope they get back to us soon. Who's coiming with us? :)

Please come back and let us know what you thought of it. We are booked for Jan 21.

We decided we were going to book a day here in Feb 2015 (thanks to mitsugirly's great review).

I used the "make a reservation" link on the website for Almaplena, and received the initial email from them telling us about the day, the cost, etc.... It said to advise them if we wanted to book so they could forward a Paypal invoice for the deposit. I responded to that first email to inform them that we would like to book. That was several days ago and I have not received the Paypal invoice or any follow up emails.

To those that have successfully booked here, did I do something wrong, or am I just being impatient? :confused: :)

Thanks!

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Dan-P

We decided we were going to book a day here in Feb 2015 (thanks to mitsugirly's great review).

I used the "make a reservation" link on the website for Almaplena, and received the initial email from them telling us about the day, the cost, etc.... It said to advise them if we wanted to book so they could forward a Paypal invoice for the deposit. I responded to that first email to inform them that we would like to book. That was several days ago and I have not received the Paypal invoice or any follow up emails.

To those that have successfully booked here, did I do something wrong, or am I just being impatient? :confused: :)

Thanks!

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

Funny quoting myself. Turns out, I was just being impatient. Monica got back with me this morning, our reservation is confirmed and the deposit is paid, and all is right in the world now! :D

Dan

We were there on the 14th, picture this ... there was 2 couples we seen that were staying there, and another couple was scheduled from ship but we really never seen them, We had about 200 yards of beach one way, and another 200 yards of beach the other way, and we only seen 1 couple in the water for about 15 minutes ... and then we had the owner bringing us drinks (frozen and other drinks) all day long, (in real glass glasses) , We had homemade tortilla chips and homemade guacamole , btw, this guacamole is like the best we ever had and we live in fla. , then lunch was shrimp tacos, chicken tacos, and beef tacos, and ask for hot sauces, hot and hotter -- lol . This place is like your private beach ..

sand is good, you don't really need water shoes .. and the mascot black dog is there as well, she wont bother you but loves to swim ..

Funny quoting myself. Turns out, I was just being impatient. Monica got back with me this morning, our reservation is confirmed and the deposit is paid, and all is right in the world now! :D

Dan

I'm glad you were able to get eveything confirmed. You will love the place and the owners are lovely people. I hope you have a wonderful time and cruise.

(Then when you return and if you ever go back to Costa Maya...I will have another review up for a different place there that is absolutely amazing too) :D