Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

2 minutes ago, TexasCruiseDude said:

Just off Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas out of Galveston, TX: Good news is this ship still has the full separate men's large dry and wet saunas. The bad news is they had them turned off the entire cruise due to covid restrictions! Makes no sense that the bar areas can be mask free for vaccinated passengers, but not the locker rooms?!

Hoping for better on Mariner in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks so much for the update. I'm glad they have not (yet) had time to ruin another ship. I have some great memories of this sauna and steam room. Some of the best facilities the industry if you ask me. 

I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy them on your sailing.  Let's hope this shut down is temporary and short lived. 

18 hours ago, TexasCruiseDude said:

Just off Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas out of Galveston, TX: Good news is this ship still has the full separate men's large dry and wet saunas. The bad news is they had them turned off the entire cruise due to covid restrictions! Makes no sense that the bar areas can be mask free for vaccinated passengers, but not the locker rooms?!

Hoping for better on Mariner in a couple of weeks. 

Don't count on it. I experienced the same good and bad news on Mariner several weeks ago.

3 hours ago, willcan said:

Has anybody been on Carnival Mardi Gras yet? Curious if there is a seperate men's areas on their new ship. I hope they are not removing them like so many other lines. 

Interesting that looking at the deck plans on VTG that the spa is located one floor below the fitness center and the fitness center doesn't show a locker room or sauna/steam as the Carnival ships usually do.

Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately that's not a good sign especially since I just read that Carnival will be bringing out two sister ships to the Mardi Gras. Could this be the being of the end with Carnival too?

4 hours ago, willcan said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately that's not a good sign especially since I just read that Carnival will be bringing out two sister ships to the Mardi Gras. Could this be the being of the end with Carnival too?

Yes. As well as the beginning of the end for those who prefer small to medium sized ships.  There are some Norwegian ships that are like this. The gyms, a deck above the spas, don't even have changing rooms. (Well, at least one. I was only on the Norwegian Star and it was like this).

Edited by ouse456
  • Like 1

Hello gents:

I’ll likely be sailing the Carnival Radiance in a few weeks (spring, 2022); my first time on a “Carnie” ship (lol 😜). I selected this ship over the Navigator of the Seas due to the NV having her steam & sauna facilities (once very generous & in the separate locker rooms) removed. While I realize the Carnival Radiance may have suffered a similar fate during her recent refurbishment, I remain hopeful “her” original spa facility set-up is still in place. Of course, I will report-back what I find.

Has anyone recently returned from Carnival Radiance and can share what they found? (I did check the database spreadsheet and it, currently, appears blank for this ship.)

Bon voyage to all,

Gigglewolf

(your gracious TopicThreadStarter & O.P. 😉)

21 hours ago, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Hello gents:

I’ll likely be sailing the Carnival Radiance in a few weeks (spring, 2022); my first time on a “Carnie” ship (lol 😜). I selected this ship over the Navigator of the Seas due to the NV having her steam & sauna facilities (once very generous & in the separate locker rooms) removed. While I realize the Carnival Radiance may have suffered a similar fate during her recent refurbishment, I remain hopeful “her” original spa facility set-up is still in place. Of course, I will report-back what I find.

Has anyone recently returned from Carnival Radiance and can share what they found? (I did check the database spreadsheet and it, currently, appears blank for this ship.)

Bon voyage to all,

Gigglewolf

(your gracious TopicThreadStarter & O.P. 😉)

Looking at the plans for the Radiance on the VTG site, it isn't clear whether there was or is free sauna/steam rooms. On that site sometimes they will post the before (or up to a certain date) as well as  the after refurbishment plans for the affected decks. I hope someone in the know responds.  Congrats for being such a successful poster of blogs. This site fills a need. You should be beeming with pride!

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 12:01 AM, willcan said:

Has anyone been on Royal caribbeans' Quantum class ship? I'd like to know what facilities they have. Thanks.   

These ships apparently have a thermal suite, which is only available for a fee and usually includes mixed-sex steam and sauna facilities, heated lounges, and specialty showers.

8 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

These ships apparently have a thermal suite, which is only available for a fee and usually includes mixed-sex steam and sauna facilities, heated lounges, and specialty showers.

So no single sex and no free facilities. I was afraid of that but thanks for the information anyway. 

Just off P&O Ventura today & sad to report that all the sauna/steam (inc. Thermal Suite)  facilities were closed, the excuse given was that users were unable to be socially distanced in the facilitiies.  Utter rubbish as everyone can be as close as they like in the bar areas!   The closure took the shine off my brief trip.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The other ships in Holland America's Pinnacle Class, Koningsdam and Rotterdam also have the same free single-sex huge window sauna design. The space is never promoted since they want to sell their co-ed spa packages. A great find!