Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

You have to pay to visit all Hal spas... Why should anyone have to pay to use any ships steam and sauna's.

I have to admit that I haven't sailed HAL in about 2 years, but when I sailed them often, the Vista Class ships had a free dry sauna near the pool.

very small and not very hot either, so not used much, especially since it was

no where near the locker rooms, you had to walk thru public areas to get to it.

The R and S class ships all had cry saunas that were free, along with the paid co-ed spa areas. I never paid, so cannot comment on what was there.

In or very near the locker room, all of those ships had free dry saunas.

I have not sailed on Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, nor the Prinsendam, so

cannot say what their set up is.

• 3 weeks later...
Just back from Legend 3/30-4/06 Steam room out of order waiting for part (hope they get fixed by your sailing date) Sauna OK small size,like Paradise lay out better. Doing Paradise 4/14/2014

Anyone know if they got this fixed yet? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to know if the following ships have separate facilities for men and women.

MSC Divina

NCL Getaway

NCL Sun

Costa Deliziosa

I am a gym user and like a steam late afternoon post workout or to sweat out suntan lotion and alcohol. The idea of sweating in a steam room wearing a bathing suit is just plain bad. Don't care if there is a charge.

Heard Divina may have separate facilities but open to common areas so clothing is required...is this true? I would prefer a shower facility along with the steam and sauna like on older ships.

Thanks in advance.

Just booked an AUS / NZ for 2015 on the Diamond Princess. Curious how the free sauna and steam in the men's locker room will turn out, since she is coming out of a major refurb this month.

Curious minds want to know! :)

I just got off the phone with Royal because on my last cruise I was told that in the remodels some of the Royal ships were going the way of the Enchantment, and not have steam/sauna in the locker areas. I contacted Royal to get the final word, since I stressed that not having these separate and complimentary services would result in my switching to a different ship and I wanted to be certain that I would not be surprised when I went onboard.

It took them a week of research, but here is what is current:

Oasis Class ships only have the paid spa area.

The Freedom Class ships all have separate, not co-ed, complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Voyager Class ships all have separate, not co-ed, complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Radiance Class ships:

The Brilliance, the Radiance, and the Serenade all have separate, not co-ed complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Jewel is now charging a fee for use of the area that used to be complimentary.

The Vision Class ships:

The Grandeur, the Legend, the Rhapsody, and the Vision all have separate, not co-ed, complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Splendor has complimentary steam room, but does Not have a complimentary dry sauna.

The Enchantment does not have either steam or dry sauna.

I hope this helps.

I just got off the phone with Royal because on my last cruise I was told that in the remodels some of the Royal ships were going the way of the Enchantment, and not have steam/sauna in the locker areas. I contacted Royal to get the final word, since I stressed that not having these separate and complimentary services would result in my switching to a different ship and I wanted to be certain that I would not be surprised when I went onboard.

It took them a week of research, but here is what is current:

Oasis Class ships only have the paid spa area.

The Freedom Class ships all have separate, not co-ed, complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Voyager Class ships all have separate, not co-ed, complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Radiance Class ships:

The Brilliance, the Radiance, and the Serenade all have separate, not co-ed complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Jewel is now charging a fee for use of the area that used to be complimentary.

The Vision Class ships:

The Grandeur, the Legend, the Rhapsody, and the Vision all have separate, not co-ed, complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Splendor has complimentary steam room, but does Not have a complimentary dry sauna.

The Enchantment does not have either steam or dry sauna.

I hope this helps.

Thanks David for the update. I sailed the Jewel this spring and looks like the last time for me. I to enjoy the free steam and sauna. Only if we could get a report like this on from you, for the other cruise lines .

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone been on the Silhouette? I'm assuming the set up is the same as other Solstice class ships, but any info would be appreciated.

Yes, Silhouette is the same as her three younger Solstice sisters. Reflection is different because of the larger Persian Garden, dry sauna is slightly larger but despite of those extra sq ft the seating capacity is the same as the other ships, there's also a nooknext to the entrance to the dry sauna which i can't remember from the other S-class ships.

Edited by Stealthmode

• 2 weeks later...

I've just booked my first cruise on Ventura and was wondering what the set up is in the male sauna area, I like to spend an hour or so each day in the sauna/steam & also like to shave etc. when I'm there, are there decent basins & mirrors available. I was also wondering if the facility gets very busy, as I like to have a chat to fellow passengers whilst enjoying the heat?

There is a toilet area with mirrors etc so you will be able to shave.

They have a male and female sauna and steam area, both with lockers. Just ask at reception for a key to the lockers. There are also three showers in the area.

They also have a coed steam and sauna area but this you pay for.

It does get quite busy at times usually around 5 to 6pm as people get ready for dinner.

• 4 weeks later...

Season's Greetings, gentlemen!!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with detailed information on spa facilities found throughout the cruise industry specifically for men. I hope everyone appreciates this information and is taking full advantage of the amazing & enjoyable ;) spa facilities to be found on some ships.

Most recently, I was very curious to establish what the spa/men's locker room facilities on the Quantum of the Seas would be like. After doing some very light research within the RCI forum, it would appear that RCI has decided to use a similar spa arrangement as on the Oasis-class ships, by ONLY offer a co-ed/clothing-required spa facility. I found this very disappointing, as I am certain other folks who enjoy more relaxed use of such amenities would agree. Sigh. However, if anyone has actually sailed on or toured the Quantum, a first-hand account would be greatly appreciated.

Regardless, as for RCI, they still have a rather large selection of ships that offer excellent men's spa facilities (subject to change, of course, as they refurbish ships): Freedom-class, Voyager-class, Radiance-class and several of the Vision-class ships.

Please keep the detailed descriptions and men's spa reviews coming and current.

Best regards,

Gigglewolf-Of-The-Seas

;)

I was very curious to establish what the spa/men's locker room facilities on the Quantum of the Seas would be like. After doing some very light research within the RCI forum, it would appear that RCI has decided to use a similar spa arrangement as on the Oasis-class ships, by ONLY offer a co-ed/clothing-required spa facility. I found this very disappointing, as I am certain other folks who enjoy more relaxed use of such amenities would agree. Sigh. However, if anyone has actually sailed on or toured the Quantum, a first-hand account would be greatly appreciated.

I think you are correct, it would seem that they have followed the Oasis in this area, a real shame as I was looking forward to sailing on the new ships but this has put me off.

• 2 weeks later...
Season's Greetings, gentlemen!!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with detailed information on spa facilities found throughout the cruise industry specifically for men. I hope everyone appreciates this information and is taking full advantage of the amazing & enjoyable ;) spa facilities to be found on some ships.

Most recently, I was very curious to establish what the spa/men's locker room facilities on the Quantum of the Seas would be like. After doing some very light research within the RCI forum, it would appear that RCI has decided to use a similar spa arrangement as on the Oasis-class ships, by ONLY offer a co-ed/clothing-required spa facility. I found this very disappointing, as I am certain other folks who enjoy more relaxed use of such amenities would agree. Sigh. However, if anyone has actually sailed on or toured the Quantum, a first-hand account would be greatly appreciated.

Regardless, as for RCI, they still have a rather large selection of ships that offer excellent men's spa facilities (subject to change, of course, as they refurbish ships): Freedom-class, Voyager-class, Radiance-class and several of the Vision-class ships.

Please keep the detailed descriptions and men's spa reviews coming and current.

Best regards,

Gigglewolf-Of-The-Seas

;)

I will second that.

Does anyone have current information on the steam and sauna facilities on the new Regal and Royal Princess? Location? Are they complimentary? Coed or single sex?

Thank you!

^I will also like to know about these ships.

Anyone has any information on the newer Carnival ships? (Dream,Magic and Breeze)

Carnival Sensation and Carnival Valor both have steam and sauna for each gender. So not co-ed.

^I will also like to know about these ships.

Anyone has any information on the newer Carnival ships? (Dream,Magic and Breeze)

Carnival Sensation and Carnival Valor both have steam and sauna for each gender. So not co-ed.

? (Dream,Magic and Breeze) Are pay for and not like the Sensation and Valor. Not to my liking.