Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

If anyone's interested about the Dream I just got off her (Jan 31 itinerary).

Steam room in men's locker was very hot, uncomfortably so at times. Three benches laid out in a U-shape, seating for around 6 or 7 possibly more but it would be tight. There is a sprayer on the wall by the door to cool off with.

There is a co-ed sauna out through the exit door closest the showers then keep left. No one seemed to know where the sauna was. Went in there nude under a towel and no one was the wiser.

Showers kind of smelled throughout the cruise....and despite glass doors you never knew if someone was n the shower stall unless the water was running and even then it was hard to tell which of the 2 showers was in use.

Steam room was very busy...many times it was too busy and a lot of guys who'd rather talk loudly about their excursions than relax and quiet conversations.

On the first sea day night temperature was just right and having a great conversation with a new friend and we were joined by a Gent from Louisiana. Was a perfect way to end the day. :)

Edited by OntarioBiMe

• 2 weeks later...

The Mrs and I have just completed a 7 night cruise on Radiance of the Seas.

I'd head off to the sauna/steam room when she was busy with something else.

Managed to have a few "conversations".

First time another guy and I talked to ourselves.

Another day I met two guys (separately) but I did all the talking.

Last day I had a good conversation with an older guy.

After we disembarked I had a brief talk to a guy at Circular Quay Station.

I can hardly wait until our next cruise in April.

On carnival conquest first of October, any info on sauna? Is there steam and dry?

There is complementary steam & sauna accessed in the men's locker room of the spa. They are both pretty large in size and each has a window to the outside. There are also 4 showers with one in the corner which is pretty large and private.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

There is complementary steam & sauna accessed in the men's locker room of the spa. They are both pretty large in size and each has a window to the outside. There are also 4 showers with one in the corner which is pretty large and private.

I forgot to add that most important there is a water fountain in the men's locker room to quench your thirst and a couple of chairs to sit and cool down between sauna sessions. They are in the path to the gym so not particularly quiet area, but at least there's a place to sit and cool down.

I was on P&O Ventura for a 2 night mini cruise from Southampton - Zebrugge a few weeks back, the sauna/steam arrangement hasn't changed since my last post #380. Although this time the steam was hot & the awful smell of drains that plagued the facility last time had been sorted. The facilities on all of my visits were clean & usually quite busy with great mix of friendly guys to chat to & swap cruise experiences with.

Looking forward to sailing on Navigator of the Seas in May.

Would like to know about the Norwegian jade and the costa deliziosa. Jade looks like separate facilities....are they small or of good size? Deliziosa.....have no idea if coed? Is there a steam and dry sauna?

Norwegian Jade's spa facilities are one of our favourites. The men's area has a nice sized sauna and steam room. There are a couple of plunge baths, tropical showers and showers in the central space.

Overlooking the front of the ship are some loungers with cold water drink dispensers etc.

There is a door to a mixed sex area, with a pool but didn't use this area very much.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

According to deck plan there is a free sauna separated by gender in the locker room in addition to saunas and steamrooms in the spa area.

Is free sauna still available?

thanks

If you are talking about the NCL Jade IIRC there is a tiny sauna located in the Men's locker of the fitness center. It is indeed free but tiny tiny - Max 4 people. the locker room has one toilet, one shower, water fountain, a handful of lockers,and a small bench to sit and change clothes.

If you are talking about the NCL Jade IIRC there is a tiny sauna located in the Men's locker of the fitness center. It is indeed free but tiny tiny - Max 4 people. the locker room has one toilet, one shower, water fountain, a handful of lockers,and a small bench to sit and change clothes.

I think you mean "steamroom" here and yes, there are small free ones (both M and F) on the Jade, Gem, Jewel, and Pearl.

Edited by Repositioner

I was on P&O Ventura for a 2 night mini cruise from Southampton - Zebrugge a few weeks back, the sauna/steam arrangement hasn't changed since my last post #380. Although this time the steam was hot & the awful smell of drains that plagued the facility last time had been sorted. The facilities on all of my visits were clean & usually quite busy with great mix of friendly guys to chat to & swap cruise experiences with.

Looking forward to sailing on Navigator of the Seas in May.

You will love the Navigator, friendly and at times can get hot, enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone provide some insight for the facilities on the different classes of Celebrity ships? Co-ed? Charged or free?

Millenium class ships tend to have a sauna in the locker room, with some showers but little space to take time out between sessions and no refreshments.

The Solstice class ships again have an even smaller sauna in the locker room, a couple of showers and again no refreshments or anywhere to rest.

Overall these areas are not great in my opinion but seem to be following a general move to pushing passengers to pay for these facilities in mixed areas.

So far these areas remain free, you can pay for a pass for the mixed area.

Hello all.

Haven't been on this thread in a couple of years and don't recall if there was any mention of the facilities on the QM2. I will be sailing eastbound NYC to Southampton this August, and was wondering about how it works on Cunard/QM2.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Just finished reading through this thread and found the info great! I've enjoyed the spas on the NCL Jewel and Gem, in my opinion they have the best layout for a men's only facility, looking forward to sailing them again.

We were thinking of taking a short cruise on the Sky and was wondering what the facilities were like now. Last time we were on the ship there was a small locker room in the spa which had a few lockers, a couple of showers, a small sauna and small steam. The locker room was accessible without booking a spa treatment but I'm not sure if that was because we were in a suite or if it's free to use for all. Any info would be appreciated.