Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

I've been hoping that travellers on the European cruise ships that have begun operation will comment about which small spaces (such as sauna/steam rooms) are open and which are not. 

Edited by ouse456

• 4 months later...
On 3/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, mjs99mjs said:

Damn, my May 3rd cruise on the Emerald Princess is of course canceled . Have to wait till September 27th to check out that spa. 

I’ve been on the Crown and had my cruise canceled for the princess Caribbean and crown in 20and 21. Love the steamroom. Was looking the Emerald for 2022 

On 6/20/2020 at 3:58 PM, Cruise Stud said:

Hi there.

I will be more than happy to help out.

Send me a private message and we can chat in detail. 

Sounds like you know the Ins and outs of cruise ship steamroom and saunas . I love everything about them. Princess has been my go to for free steamroom but I’m open to travel on other lines as well when this thing opens up 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:35 PM, billys5764 said:

I hope not.  That's one of the reasons I cruise.  I enjoy my time in there.

Have only used Princess Crown for steamroom , booked Crown and Caribbean both canceled. Have you ever seen a list of which ships have free steamroom? 

On 1/13/2020 at 7:33 AM, Repositioner said:

"Extended family just booked a sailing on the Crown Princess and have convinced me to join them. Anyone have insight into the current spa situation on that ship? Thanks."

A good choice!  The Crown has the same popular, free male steam, sauna, showers and changing area as the Star, Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby and Caribbean.  It is located in the spa and fitness area near the adult pool.

Went on the crown in 2019. Large steamroom and a smaller sauna . Nude was the normal with one guy came in trunks and shoes CCL and socks was odd but ok . Showers are bigger than room and of course the conversations were always great 

• 1 month later...

The male only sauna/steam rooms on cruise ships make up a big part of my late afternoon/early evening cruise routine & I only book ships with this (hopefully free) facility. I'm just wondering if anyone has any info as to whether  these facilities will remain open at all once cruising returns or be consigned to history? If it's the latter my cruising days may well be over as I love a few hours of 'me time' in the company of other likeminded guys.  

Keep safe & virus free guys.  🙂

• Like 1

It seems likely that in the early days of a return to cruising, while mask and social distancing rules are still in place (if that is the case), then saunas and steam rooms will not be open. With time, as the restrictions are otherwise relaxed, I see no reason why eventually these facilities wouldn't be made available again, but there's no telling when that would be. 

Of course, the other issue is that some cruise lines are not putting in such free facilities on new builds, and have been systematically removing them from existing ships as they are "upgraded." Royal Caribbean refers to it as "amping"--I call it "cramping," since they are taking out public amenities to put in more cabins. I don't care for the mixed-sex thermal suites that have replaced the free, separate facilities and have tended to avoid those ships, but it will eventually become impossible. I'm hoping that some other cruise line(s) will always still have decent, no-charge amenities like these, if it becomes necessary to abandon Royal.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:00 AM, billybeachboy said:

The male only sauna/steam rooms on cruise ships make up a big part of my late afternoon/early evening cruise routine & I only book ships with this (hopefully free) facility. I'm just wondering if anyone has any info as to whether  these facilities will remain open at all once cruising returns or be consigned to history? If it's the latter my cruising days may well be over as I love a few hours of 'me time' in the company of other likeminded guys.  

Keep safe & virus free guys.  🙂

I’ve been wondering that myself and haven’t found an answer yet. I really like princess steamroom and sauna and the showers are larger in the men’s room. Late afternoons are great . Booked on Princess 20 Nov 21 and 28 Nov 21 

On 2/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

It seems likely that in the early days of a return to cruising, while mask and social distancing rules are still in place (if that is the case), then saunas and steam rooms will not be open. With time, as the restrictions are otherwise relaxed, I see no reason why eventually these facilities wouldn't be made available again, but there's no telling when that would be. 

Of course, the other issue is that some cruise lines are not putting in such free facilities on new builds, and have been systematically removing them from existing ships as they are "upgraded." Royal Caribbean refers to it as "amping"--I call it "cramping," since they are taking out public amenities to put in more cabins. I don't care for the mixed-sex thermal suites that have replaced the free, separate facilities and have tended to avoid those ships, but it will eventually become impossible. I'm hoping that some other cruise line(s) will always still have decent, no-charge amenities like these, if it becomes necessary to abandon Royal.

Princess Cruise lines , Caribbean, Crown, Ruby,Emerald,Sapphire, and another they all do  and very nice . Large steamroom with a smaller sauna but still can get the job done. 
Not sure if they will be open on the Caribbean in November but can hope . 
enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Just going through the posts on this thread - if you haven’t done a transatlantic I highly recommend it. I prefer westbound over eastbound  - long lazy days - especially those days where you gain an hour and 24 hours magically turns into 25 hours.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, Has anyone heard if these "male only facilities" are open on cruises ships currently sailing?

I'm looking at the Disney Magic which is due to start sailing in June and wondered how other ships had decided to operate?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, st34 said:

Hi Guys, Has anyone heard if these "male only facilities" are open on cruises ships currently sailing?

I'm looking at the Disney Magic which is due to start sailing in June and wondered how other ships had decided to operate?

Thanks 

I am curious as well what will be open, I need a good steam/sauna daily after a lift. Also taking my boy on his first cruise.

Mark

I was hoping if there is a vaccination requirement for all passengers and crew things would be more relaxed in the wet areas.

I will be planning several cruises now that I am vaccinated. Being a guy that has been lifting/working out  all my life, I really need a good sauna/steam daily and enjoy it also pre dinner. I love the camaraderie of single sex facilities, and I have met some great men, had some great discussions. Taking my son on his first cruise.

Anyone feeling like chatting about the best facilities that they have experience, feel free to contact me.

Mark
newsenmark@gmail.com

09.31.15A.jpg

I love the idea of a sauna with a window - I assume it has one way glass fitted?

One the mask requirement is lifted and I know for certain that wet areas are open again I'll be booking my next cruise, let's hope it's not too far away as I have a big birthday next year & want to celebrate it afloat if I can.

5 hours ago, billybeachboy said:

I love the idea of a sauna with a window - I assume it has one way glass fitted?

One the mask requirement is lifted and I know for certain that wet areas are open again I'll be booking my next cruise, let's hope it's not too far away as I have a big birthday next year & want to celebrate it afloat if I can.

If they were referring to a window to the outside, some of Royal's ships have large saunas with two round windows that look outside, but they are fitted with slats so you can see out a little, but no one walking by on the deck outside can see in. It is enjoyable to be relaxing in the sauna and looking at the waves.

uHope you are right that the saunas will be open.

Love the men onlyspa area rea on NCL Jewel Class ships, also the saunas on Holand America ships that have windows . 

Cunard Victoria and Elizabeth and Holland Americas Statendam have a wall of glass in the sauna  onto the ocean. 

18 hours ago, alexdw said:

Cunard Victoria and Elizabeth and Holland Americas Statendam have a wall of glass in the sauna  onto the ocean. 

Are these Co-Ed or single sex

?

Edited by billybeachboy
Additional wording added

31 minutes ago, LiftingDad said:

Do you know if the Queen Mary is coed or single sex?

Thanks Mark  

newsenmark@gmail.com

32 minutes ago, LiftingDad said:

Do you know if the Queen Mary is coed or single sex?

Thanks Mark  

newsenmark@gmail.com

Queen Mary is Co ed, Victoria and Elizabeth have a free single sex sauna in the mens changing room with large window looking onto the ocean, The steam is in the coed pay for spa area.

• Like 1