Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 8/1/2022 at 5:53 PM, waldorf said:

We’re now going on Diamond next August, after having three cruises cancelled 😩. The spa area sounds very appealing, can’t wait. 

Hope y’all have a great time. Been on the Crown and the Diamond is same class. Great free steam and saunas in the mens locker rooms. Always a fun time 

enjoy 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, MichiganBound said:

Anyone with firsthand experience in the NCL Epic men's Thermal Suite?  I have read the database document and it appears it does have single-sex sauna and steam.  In practice, how good is the set-up?  Good for relaxation?  I love the Thermal Suites on the Jewell class NCL ships.  Excellent layout.  Now looking to expand my horizons onto other NCL vessels that offer non-coed options.  Any input from personal experience on the Epic would be appreciated.

Yes, I’ve also been on NCL Epic. In the mens only area there really isn’t any lounge chairs just a steamroom, small sauna, and about four showers. Let me know if you have any other questions. Here’s a short YouTube video I found with the layout: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rag2 said:

Yes, I’ve also been on NCL Epic. In the mens only area there really isn’t any lounge chairs just a steamroom, small sauna, and about four showers. Let me know if you have any other questions. Here’s a short YouTube video I found with the layout: 

Is the men only area in the paid for spa area or in mens changing rooms that anyone can use?

There are so many ships listed in this thread. And with so many ships leaving the industry, refurbs, and new ships, it's hard to keep up. 

Just curious if we can compose a short list of fan favorites.  Free or paid, single sex men's areas on currently sailing ships (2022). Favorites should have a great combination of amenities, layout and location. And should have a good balance of traffic. Not so busy that you can't have a conversation but not so quiet that you are alone much of the time.

My hope is we can come up with the a few favorites. Top picks, that we can all explore someday. 

Happy sailing.

38 minutes ago, willcan said:

There are so many ships listed in this thread. And with so many ships leaving the industry, refurbs, and new ships, it's hard to keep up. 

Just curious if we can compose a short list of fan favorites.  Free or paid, single sex men's areas on currently sailing ships (2022). Favorites should have a great combination of amenities, layout and location. And should have a good balance of traffic. Not so busy that you can't have a conversation but not so quiet that you are alone much of the time.

My hope is we can come up with the a few favorites. Top picks, that we can all explore someday. 

Happy sailing.

Emerald Princess has great free sauna and steam and in my experience has a good amount of traffic.

HAL Koningsdam, Niew Statendam and Rotterdam as well as Cunard Queen Elizaberh and Victoria have a great free sauna in mens locker room with large qindow onto the ocean. Have found these ships all have a good social  crowd especially  mid to late afternoon.

All Jewel class ships on NCL have a great mens only fee paying spa area which I feel is well worth the money, they also have a free steam room in mens gym locker room.

The HAL and NCL Jewel class ships have my vote, too. Haven't been on the others - adding them to my list. I've found the home port plays a part in the mix of passengers and the experience - San Diego is my favorite. Easy access from the west coast, a more easy-going vibe and itineraries that are not so port intensive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexdw said:

Emerald Princess has great free sauna and steam and in my experience has a good amount of traffic.

HAL Koningsdam, Niew Statendam and Rotterdam as well as Cunard Queen Elizaberh and Victoria have a great free sauna in mens locker room with large qindow onto the ocean. Have found these ships all have a good social  crowd especially  mid to late afternoon.

All Jewel class ships on NCL have a great mens only fee paying spa area which I feel is well worth the money, they also have a free steam room in mens gym locker room.

Thanks for that great input. 

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

The HAL and NCL Jewel class ships have my vote, too. Haven't been on the others - adding them to my list. I've found the home port plays a part in the mix of passengers and the experience - San Diego is my favorite. Easy access from the west coast, a more easy-going vibe and itineraries that are not so port intensive.

You're correct. The ports make a difference. Good point.  

1 hour ago, Matty_Boy said:

I am thinking of booking either Mariner or Independence for October. Do any guys 'let off steam' in the facilities here? I went on Ventura years ago and it was wild. Never been with Royal C before!  

I do, will only book a cruise that has a men only sauna and or steam.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2022 at 12:44 AM, waldorf said:

We’re trying our first Viking Ocean cruise in 2024, long time off, from Auckland to Bali. Looking forward to the spa area! Currently boycotting the ships with only coed spa facilities. 

You will love the spa facilities on Viking  the male locker rooms have a great sauna and proper plunge pool.  Not much room in the Sauna probably enough room for 6 guys.  The main spa is co-ed but its great,  a huge steam room and a fabulous spa bath, and do not forget the snow grotto.  We have been on Viking Ocean now 4 times back on the Venus in September - our second trip on The Venus to Norway this year.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 8:55 PM, st34 said:

Open question, what is your favourite time of the day/evening to enjoy the steam or sauna on cruise ships? 

For me it's usually between 4 & 7pm for a good 90 minute sweat.
On sea days I'll usually pop in mid morning too

7 hours ago, Matty_Boy said:

Anyone got any notes to give on the facilities onboard Carnival ships? I have heard that Royal Caribbean passengers seem to be a little older and more reserved. 

The facilities vary significantly between Carnival ships. You'll want to check out the spreadsheet to see if the ship(s) you're interested in have the facilities you're looking for:

Cruise ship steamroom/sauna info spreadsheet

I have two cruises booked. Any likeminded friendly guys on this thread going? I purchased the thermal suite pass on the NCL Dawn. 

NCL Dawn Sept. 25, 2022 - British Isles 

Diamond Princess Apr. 20, 2023 - Japan

Edited by sailerjosh22