New to Holland America? This is for you...AKA "HAL For Dummies"

Host Walt

Wondering what adapter and converter to buy for Lanai room? Cpap will be be using us outlet and I want to use the other with adpter for camera and computer, thanks

The other outlet works with a euro adapter.

You can also arrange for a power bar if needed by calling and reserving. They can be available on board as well but the numbers are limited.

Kazu answered your questions. In recent months final documents have listed an arrival time. Our cruise last Fall listed 1PM. This is a suggested time, not enforced by HAL. Believe many ignore this time and arrive with the hope of boarding at or close to 11:30AM.

Wondering what adapter and converter to buy for Lanai room? Cpap will be be using us outlet and I want to use the other with adpter for camera and computer, thanks

liamur:

If you contact Ship Services, they will provide an acceptable (no surge protection) power strip that will give you additional US outlets. If you still want to use the other desk outlet, an European adapter (not converter) will provide for any "modern" electronics that can handle 110-220V, most can. It has two round 'prongs' on the plug in side, slots for the US plug on the other.

And yes, I am stalking you!

Hello,

It took me a few days but I read through this whole thread before I decided to ask my question so I wasn’t a repeat [emoji4]

We are booked on Eurodam July 2019 for Alaskan cruise VC 4157.

As we are myself, DH and a 13 yr old and an 11 yr old, I was wondering if we could request table to be removed from balcony and 2 more chairs placed instead ? I know it will be tight but do you think 4 chairs will fit ?

Also does the Eurodam have the pizza bar ?

Thanks in advance for you help !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

It took me a few days but I read through this whole thread before I decided to ask my question so I wasn’t a repeat [emoji4]

We are booked on Eurodam July 2019 for Alaskan cruise VC 4157.

As we are myself, DH and a 13 yr old and an 11 yr old, I was wondering if we could request table to be removed from balcony and 2 more chairs placed instead ? I know it will be tight but do you think 4 chairs will fit ?

Also does the Eurodam have the pizza bar ?

Thanks in advance for you help !!

Your Room Steward can make the swap for more chairs on your balcony. There is a Pizza Inn on the aft Lido Deck 9 pool for custom pizzas and salads. They also provide take-out boxes.

Enjoy your cruise planning and make sure to join your cruise thread on the HAL Roll Cal Forum.

Your Room Steward can make the swap for more chairs on your balcony. There is a Pizza Inn on the aft Lido Deck 9 pool for custom pizzas and salads. They also provide take-out boxes.

Enjoy your cruise planning and make sure to join your cruise thread on the HAL Roll Cal Forum.

Thanks for the info Crew News !! The kids will be excited about pizza, This with be my 4th cruise with HAL but last time I was on Eurodam was 2012 and no pizza then.

I started a roll call but so far no one else has been on it, hopefully it is because it is so far away, or maybe I am just not seeing one that is already started ?

That is a FORMIDABLE reading accomplishment! I would answer the same as Roger: ask your steward, it is amazing what they can do!

Taking a speed reading class many moons ago in high school is by far my most used educational skill lol

Thanks for the info Crew News !! The kids will be excited about pizza, This with be my 4th cruise with HAL but last time I was on Eurodam was 2012 and no pizza then.

I started a roll call but so far no one else has been on it, hopefully it is because it is so far away, or maybe I am just not seeing one that is already started ?

If you searched by ship and month and it's not there, it's not there . Congratulations, you started the roll call . BTW , in the Summer HAL sails with a good number of kids . Not nearly as many as Carnival, NCL and RCI, but a more manageable number . Your kids will have a blast .

Taking a speed reading class many moons ago in high school is by far my most used educational skill lol

I'll bet! Mine would have to be what was called TYPING! (now, "keyboarding"?)

Your roll call looks fine, searching that board for July there is yours and one for the next cruise after, and no repeats. My experience is AK roll calls are not as busy as, say, transatlantics -- but I always start one if noone else has.

I'll bet! Mine would have to be what was called TYPING! (now, "keyboarding"?)

Your roll call looks fine, searching that board for July there is yours and one for the next cruise after, and no repeats. My experience is AK roll calls are not as busy as, say, transatlantics -- but I always start one if noone else has.

I can’t type to save my life lol

I figure if no one joins the roll call soon I will just start talking to myself [emoji16][emoji1303]

• Haha 1

Yes, do that every week or two - roll calls only show one page although all threads are searchable ...not all new members catch on to that as quickly as you did! So when I started a AK rollcall in 2016, I would add a little every so often to bump the thread up the list. No one ever joined that one at all! Fortunately there were 8 of us and we had a M&M everywhere we went!

So what are people’s thoughts on July Lido cabana rentals for an Alaskan cruise ? We have two pre teens who swim no matter how cold the water/weather if we let them so I know swimming will be a daily activity if roof is closed. I have heard it can be hard to get a daily rental once you get on board. We would be at pool with them at all times so I have kinda been leaning towards just renting it for the week so I then have a comfy spot to curl up and read while they swim.

Oh now I see them! Empty boxes on the drawing, although with several nice photos on cruisedeckplan.com. Thanks to those photos, I would say, if it's in your budget -- snag one of the eight available! -- they look nice and sheltered, with good viewing of both the pool and the waters/shore.

So what are people’s thoughts on July Lido cabana rentals for an Alaskan cruise ? We have two pre teens who swim no matter how cold the water/weather if we let them so I know swimming will be a daily activity if roof is closed. I have heard it can be hard to get a daily rental once you get on board. We would be at pool with them at all times so I have kinda been leaning towards just renting it for the week so I then have a comfy spot to curl up and read while they swim.

We LOVED the lido cabana and used it daily. If you have kids I’d highly recommend one. You have a server who will bring you food and drinks. Top notch service. Also, it was a great place to sit and watch the inside passage. 176f76abb0d71e4a3ab010b17a3837f6.jpg33df32a7878384a2c207da5a97c7831e.jpgdfc55e29145a858ddc52912362c570c4.jpgbecfaf233dff37cb12d4154df70c4d46.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HAL also has a couple of really cool hand washing stations at each entrance to the Lido Market. Very nice touch!

On which ship(s)? Saw none on the Zuiderdam last month (and the Purell dispensers were not well located). I think many new builds have hand washing stations at the buffet entrances; I think these are great additions. Loved the ones on RCI's Anthem of the Seas:

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

Hand washing stations are on Koningsdam for sure.

[ATTACH]430562[/ATTACH]

Well, a new build; that's certainly the trend. Thanks for that photo. Is that a sink, with two compartments, or some sort of waterless cleaner? Or what? Very strange looking!

Well, a new build; that's certainly the trend. Thanks for that photo. Is that a sink, with two compartments, or some sort of waterless cleaner? Or what? Very strange looking!

It is two, approximately 12-inch tubes with a turning rubber wheel at the bottom of each that you can touch if you need harder scrubbing of your hands. The spray inside the shaft reminds me of a car wash. I used it every meal but I was the only one doing so.

IMG_1541.jpg