Post-Cruise Charge Disputes with NCL... Not Fun or Professional

mcsb11

On one of my first cruises with NCL about 10 years ago they charged me for a minibar purchase...one of those little liquor bottles. The bottle was full but the seal was broken and I figured it must have come that way since we didn't touch it. There was a charge of about 14.00 with a receipt just left on our bed. When I tried to dispute it at the purser's desk, they had someone test the beverage and I was told it was water. They then accused me of of drinking it and filling it with water and refused to refund the charge.

I was so mad. I will never forget how embarrassed and angry I was to be accused of that. I spoke to everyone on the ship that had any authority and when I left, I spoke with corporate who said they couldn't do anything. It was difficult not to fume about that. I didn't know about CC back then, I guess some PR person would have came along to rectify it. So yes, I understand why people are frustrated when companies only help after they are called out. I've sailed with NCL many times since then with no issues but now every time I sail, I tell them to clean out the mini-fridge. Usually they do it without hesitation but anytime they start with that "they can't remove the bottles" nonsense, which has happened twice, they are forced to listen to my long drawn out story of 10 years ago.

Oh my GOODNESS!!!! What a vile story.... So sorry..

I find it odd how posters are defending NCL or making statements such as its just a "comedy of errors". For the OP, it obviously wasn't to comical. NCL dropped the ball on the ship. Tried to then sneak a falsified charge to fix the problem they caused. Then compounded the problem even further when the OP saw the charge once home. And then make things worse, they (NCL) regardless of entry level position or not, posts on the largest cruise forum more incorrect information.

This clearly shows that they have some work to do on several levels to improve customer service. I experienced poor customer service and issues when I booked with NCL that has me on the fence with booking the Epic next month. I did not feel like they went above and beyond, but rather just enough. Now, Chik-filet has always gone above and beyond when I have grabbed a bite to eat. Even coming around to the table, asking how my meal was and getting me a refill of my tasty lemonade.

Edited by Tutankhamen

I too would love to hear "the other side of the story." Some people on here are just downright comical.

The issue is fixed and I really hope this thread lives on so people can learn from my experiences.

I too would love to hear "the other side of the story." Some people on here are just downright comical.

The issue is fixed and I really hope this thread lives on so people can learn from my experiences.

Great to hear that everything has been resolved. I think we all learned a little something from this thread. thanks for sharing your experience.

Rochelle