Help?

Salamander88

How do you cruise with a scoliosis back brace? It's a Boston brace and doesn't fit inside the luggage that we have, and if don't feel like getting a larger bag just to pack it in. Can I bring it on board with my little luggage (carry-on sized)

ImageUploadedByForums1408422510.909306.jpg.c51163f25f31f117886230d111c60ec1.jpg

It looks very similar to the image above

Should I just slap a luggage tag on and hope for the best? Any advice and/or experience on this?

Thanks!

How do you cruise with a scoliosis back brace? It's a Boston brace and doesn't fit inside the luggage that we have, and if don't feel like getting a larger bag just to pack it in. Can I bring it on board with my little luggage (carry-on sized)

[ATTACH]322496[/ATTACH]

Should I just slap a luggage tag on and hope for the best? Any advice and/or experience on this?

Thanks!

Take it as carry on if you don't need to wear it.

[ATTACH]322496[/ATTACH]

No experience here with a scoliosis back brace, but I have traveled with other medical devices.

When in doubt about whether to check or carry on an item, especially anything of a medical nature, it helps if you ask yourself if you will have a serious problem or be very upset should it be lost or damaged.

If the answer is yes, then don't check it but carry it on.

Do you think I can carry both my luggage and the brace?

Thanks!

If you mean will they let you carry both onto the ship, not a problem. The ships really don't care, in my experience, how much you carry on.

Our daughter had a very similar brace for a few years and we traveled quite a bit. I'd suggest just wearing it (which is the whole idea of having it in the first place). The last thing you should do is to check it where it goes outside your sight....those braces, as I'm sure you know, aren't exactly cheap or easy to quickly replace.