"Must-do" PG-sponsored excursions?

Espi

We will be aboard the 12-night cruise for Fiji, Tonga, Cook & Society Islands on August 30th and was wondering if some of the PG pros would like to offer personal opinions as to which PG-sponsored excursions they would definitely elect to do.

So far we have decided to do the following in Bora Bora:

--Helicopter Flightseeing Bora Bora and Tupai (30 minutes)

--Circle Island by Waverunner

--Bora Bora Off-Road Adventure

I'm not sure about the other parts of the cruise. Would appreciate opinions. Thanks!

if you havent been to Moorea the Trail of the Ancients is really good. It is

led by Mark Eddowes who will most likely be on your cruise as a lecturer.

Many enjoy the Dolphin excursion with Dr Michael Poole in Moorea.

The Moorea ATV excursion is much touted as well.

You will really enjoy the helicopter excursion in BB. DD did it a few years ago and loved it.

In Aitutaki take either the ship's lagoon excursion or Teking's private one. We did the ships and loved it.

Espi, I know it's not a PG excursion but why don't you join us on the Teking excursion. We went on it in Nov. and had a great time and we are sign up to take it again this trip. If you want more information about him just look on TripAdvisor. Can't wait to get on the plane next Thurs. See you then, Janine:)

Espi, If you don't mind doing private tours go to our roll call Aug.30 and check it out. There is a list of private tours that I have sign up for and they still have room for more guest. We would love for you to join us. Just an idea for you.:)

I second Mark Eddowes Trail of the Ancients tour--it was fantastic! Be sure to bring your high DEET bug spray, the mosquitoes were terrible. Also wear sturdy shoes. You won't need boots, but sneakers or some sort of trek sandal that can get wet are important. I don't know how Mark does it in flip flops! It's about two miles over uneven terrain that includes stepping on somewhat slippery rocks over a stream, walking over areas where there are a lot of tree roots, etc. You don't need to be ready to climb Mount Everest, but this is not a tour for people with any sort of mobility challenge or those who aren't in reasonably good physical shape.

The other excursion I thought was fantastic was Dr. Michael Poole's Dolphin Encounter. You'll learn more about Spinner Dolphins than you could imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
Dr. Poole was the best excursion I've ever taken. Mark with Trail of the Ancients was o.k., but there were so many people interrupting him and adding their own nonsense, that it was a bit spoiled.

That's unfortunate. When we were with him people waited until appropriate times or raised a hand to ask questions.