Inside cabin

Sometimes I book a balcony and sometimes I book an inside. The Freedom is my favorite ship and Deck 9 has cabins above and below so you will not have a problem with noise. I also frequently sail solo and there is plenty of room in an inside cabin. I would definitely book an inside on the Freedom.

I'd be on Deck 9 aft. Is that a decent area?

Sounds good to me. You'll have cabins above and below you. The most noisy cabins, I think, are directly under public areas.

I almost always choose and inside cabin. I'm in my cabin to sleep, change clothes, and, well -- the rest is personal. ;)

I'm a little more inclined to get a balcony now that smoking is not permitted.

But for the money I can usually do 4 inside cabins for the price of 3 balconies -- even with my diamond discount.

And for me there was never that much to see -- just miles and mile of ocean.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Had an inside a long time ago didn't like it...recently sailed in an inside because some one else chose the cabin and again I didn't like. I do spend a lot more time in cabin other than to sleep and shower....like in the afternoon and feel like I miss the sunshine by not having a window or a balcony...I felt claustrophobic and cramped...

Ms. Lillie,

That's my biggest fear...feeling stuck inside. To see the water, I'd have to go out on deck in the heat. I loved having the balcony with the big doors to look outside. I thought my mind was made up - but I don't want to end up sorry I went without hubby and was kinda stuck in the dark--no balcony:confused:. Hmmm...

I have done an upper/lower inside, regular inside, promenade, and balcony. Is the balcony my favorite? Of course! But I would take cruising more and staying inside than getting a balcony anytime. In fact, we just gave up a balcony room on the Oasis :( to an Oceanview on the Freedom so that we could A) Take our oldest son with us and B) take another smaller cruise with all 3 of our children.

I liked how dark the insides were and the rooms I believe are the same size. I also felt like I noticed movement less, although that could be my imagination.

I've always felt the oceanview rooms are the biggest ripoff which is why I've never booked them...yeah, you get a little view but it's the same view I could get anywhere on the ship and as opposed to a balcony I can actually relax and enjoy, I highly doubt I would sit and stare out the window as opposed to just going up on deck. But on our next two cruises, the oceanview was virtually the same as the interior so we went with it.

Gonna sail too,

If you take a flashlight..a battery candle or two and maybe a travel clock with light on it, and some kid of night light you can put in bathroom at night or twel in the dool if leaving that light on is too much you can play around with comfort. They give you furniture, mirror, closet, a chair , couch, a vanity to help..you have room service which really reminds you you are not on a serve yourself sleeper train. You are in something far larger that a sleeper train. Sure, I will love light and better and better cabins to try...but with each years budet I pray soon grows God willing, the good poet tours, the extra ship tours, a massage or two, an extra restaurant or two..this cozey little rest spot before I am out at it again discovering my out side favorite spots...you end up in this huge hotel with this safe little room..as a solo they can be quite lovely and you will make friends who want to see if they can do it to because they want 3 or 4 cruises a year in their retirement instead of one or two..

Most ships have the quiet read outside and inside places and the lively inside outside places..you have to have a little bag to carrey your "playthings" and pills etc. in case you don't want to go back to room because you have found THE SPOT for the day.. I like something that you feel is servicible yet pretty..you play kind of "cool" on a cruise..it is lovely to be a little nicer than your clean at home clothes all the time..even in day wear...it is sooo wonderful..inside cabins well planned and on low kid time.. are perfect.

Bon voyage..Sarah

I figure that for about 90% of the time I spend in the cabin, I'm either lying on the bed or in the bathroom, neither of which make a difference whether I have a balcony or not!!!

I'd probably spend 90% of my time in the bathroom and the other 10% sleeping:eek:

Ms. Lillie,

That's my biggest fear...feeling stuck inside. To see the water, I'd have to go out on deck in the heat. I loved having the balcony with the big doors to look outside. I thought my mind was made up - but I don't want to end up sorry I went without hubby and was kinda stuck in the dark--no balcony:confused:. Hmmm...

Interesting response. So were you looking for someone to validate you don't want to cruise in an inside cabin? Just seem strange that you get two pages of positives reactions to inside cabin and you get swayed by the one and only negative response.

Interesting response. So were you looking for someone to validate you don't want to cruise in an inside cabin? Just seem strange that you get two pages of positives reactions to inside cabin and you get swayed by the one and only negative response.

Yes, well I too have received a lot of responses from people similar to those above and even from people I cruise with quite frequently when I inquire about their inside cabin experiences. I understand that some feel "comfortable" but I wish I had listened to my inner voice and begged my last cabin mate to change her selection. Many times I found myself in the cabin and feeling miserable even when dressing. For me it just doesn't work. I didn't complain and make my cabin mate miserable along with me. Indexed I suffered in silence because I had agreed to accept this setup.

By the way we had the bed by the closet which made things even worse. It just was not the best arrangement especially when you both needed to get dressed. Of course, I was happy to be cruising but dreaded going to that cabin with no view.

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

I've only cruised once, and we had a balcony. My friends say they would NEVER cruise with an inside cabin - they did it once and felt it too confining. They say

"don't do it, you'll be sorry." But I was looking at this SUNDAY on the Freedom, and the only rooms left are inside. Good price, but if it's going to feel like a cave in my room, and if it's going to be noisy (which is what my friend experienced), I don't want to do it. There's always another time.

Any thoughts, cruisers?

The amount of time you spend in the Cabin is minimal and we found the noise levels to be good.

We always cruise in an inside room. Hubby needs the dark to sleep well (our bedroom at home is pitch black) and we spend little to no time in the room at all anyway. I have had people tell me that we spend so little time in the room because it is so small and doesn't have a balcony but when I cruise, I prefer to be out in the open, talking to people, lounging by the pool, going to trivia, eating, drinking, etc. so that is not the case for me. Our upcoming cruise on Allure has dropped low enough that we could upgrade to a balcony for very little but we choose not to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCWalton1 View Post

Yes, well I too have received a lot of responses from people similar to those above and even from people I cruise with quite frequently when I inquire about their inside cabin experiences. I understand that some feel "comfortable" but I wish I had listened to my inner voice and begged my last cabin mate to change her selection. Many times I found myself in the cabin and feeling miserable even when dressing. For me it just doesn't work. I didn't complain and make my cabin mate miserable along with me. Indexed I suffered in silence because I had agreed to accept this setup.

By the way we had the bed by the closet which made things even worse. It just was not the best arrangement especially when you both needed to get dressed. Of course, I was happy to be cruising but dreaded going to that cabin with no view.

Miss Lillie,

I certainly have those same nagging thoughts, but I'm thinking that with such a good price, and with $75 on board credit, perhaps that inside room wouldn't be so bad. I'm retired, and I'm pretty much home on my own most of the time (hubby still works and travels for work). Lately I'm just bored, bored, bored...

We do have land-based trips coming up at the end of Sept. (Chicago) and end of Oct. (NYC)--this time of year in Fl can be oppressive, and that is an issue (of course I realize that the Caribbean will be HOT too, but the ship is air conditioned!). All I'm really looking for, to be honest, is a change of pace. My friends here at home say "GO! Do all the silly games, etc. - meet new people!" Though I'm an introvert, and not much for big groups, I don't think it would hurt me to get out and see what I can do for excursions and maybe watching some of the games people play. I'll be on my own, so the size of the room will be just fine. Perhaps having an inside room will force me out walking more :) I could certainly use that.

I have two more hours to finalize my decision, but as of now, I'm thinking I should just go for it. Hubby thinks so too. Fingers crossed for me...seems like a lot of people enjoy inside cabins...

Edited by GonnaSailtoo

Once you've had a balcony, it's soooo hard to go back! :D But for short cruises where we're spending most of the time in one port or another, we find that an interior cabin is more than adequate, given the limited amount of time that we actually spend in the cabin. On longer cruises, especially with multiple sea days, my DW loves to spend the afternoons on the balcony, relaxing and painting, so it's definitely worth the extra $$$ to keep her happy! ;)

Once you've had a balcony, it's soooo hard to go back! But for short cruises where we're spending most of the time in one port or another, we find that an interior cabin is more than adequate, given the limited amount of time that we actually spend in the cabin. On longer cruises, especially with multiple sea days, my DW loves to spend the afternoons on the balcony, relaxing and painting, so it's definitely worth the extra $$$ to keep her happy!

--------------------------

I hear ya, Alan. But I asked, and I'd lose my $75 OBC and have to pay over $1,000 more to switch to a balcony now. I've got two hours left to cancel...I'm NOT good at making up my mind!

I'm wondering if most folks get off at the ports? This cruise is SEVEN days, and I know that on sea days the pools are very packed...not sure what I'd do then! I loved sitting on my balcony--still feeling like I was on a cruise, yet not surrounded by so many folks.

Still wondering... :rolleyes:

Check out the Promenade deck on the Freedom. That's where I go to get the balcony feel from my inside cabin.

I've always been able to find a relatively quiet spot on RCL ships regardless of how many folks are on board.

I loved sitting on my balcony--still feeling like I was on a cruise, yet not surrounded by so many folks.

Still wondering... :rolleyes

Take the inside, save the money, and utilize deck 4. Its pretty much deserted out there at all times and you will have a HUGE "balcony".

Its one of my most favorite places on the ship.

9eff1751.jpg

0734513c.jpg

Take the inside, save the money, and utilize deck 4. Its pretty much deserted out there at all times and you will have a HUGE "balcony".

Its one of my most favorite places on the ship.

That's my spot:)

We did a TA in an Inside (cat L) on Vision, it was indeed small but worked out just fine. We'd do it again especially if it was that or stay home.

Also done many nights in a PR on Voyager class, they're a great compromise and usually a really good value.

Go for it!

Edited by pspercy

IF the price is worth it??? Do it. Its pretty hard to have a bad experience on a cruise ship. If the only place left was the hall way, I would still go. C-mon your going solo. It will probably be the most relaxing trip u ever took. Granted i love Suites and i love balconies. But on the other hand i certainly wouldnt be afraid of an inside cabin. Have a good trip and let us know how it goes!

Once you've had a balcony, it's soooo hard to go back! But for short cruises where we're spending most of the time in one port or another, we find that an interior cabin is more than adequate, given the limited amount of time that we actually spend in the cabin. On longer cruises, especially with multiple sea days, my DW loves to spend the afternoons on the balcony, relaxing and painting, so it's definitely worth the extra $$$ to keep her happy!

--------------------------

I hear ya, Alan. But I asked, and I'd lose my $75 OBC and have to pay over $1,000 more to switch to a balcony now. I've got two hours left to cancel...I'm NOT good at making up my mind!

I'm wondering if most folks get off at the ports? This cruise is SEVEN days, and I know that on sea days the pools are very packed...not sure what I'd do then! I loved sitting on my balcony--still feeling like I was on a cruise, yet not surrounded by so many folks.

Still wondering... :rolleyes:

So many unique opportunities for a solo...you meet people, that deck 4 looks divine..you get best of all worlds..the spa calls you for specials later in cruise, you find these delightful ways to be with people and cozy naps and outside places just yours...my mom said..this was not my last house 7 years ago though it sure felt it..has pros and cons..well this will certainly not be your last cabin on a cruise ship..save your money for all bells ans whistles nest time, IMHO..but whatever you do it is OK...I have a terrible time to on some things...in the end..we still make great decisions..just love the "vacillation"//say Ohh I do that so well...LOL...sarah