? About Printing Boarding Passes on Ship

RealDeal

We'll be Elite, which I understand comes with free Internet minutes. Can we print our boarding passes prior to disembarking? Is there an additional fee for that? We'll be on Equinox if that makes a difference. Thanks!

A lot of people do this. As a result the computers in the computer café get very busy on the afternoon and evening before disembarkation day. Also, the more people on the computers the slower the internet service gets as everyone, including those using wifi with their own devices, share the satellite internet connection. So be prepared and think whether having the boarding pass printed out before you get to the airport is worth it. I usually don't bother but I understand that many do feel the need.

The only times I print boarding passes, ever, is if I'm traveling with no checked bags. On a cruise I surely will be, so I'm not sure what the benefit is to printing your own?

Also, many airports have kiosks where you can print your own, again without standing in the check-in line. But with bags you'll be in the line anyway.

The only times I print boarding passes, ever, is if I'm traveling with no checked bags. On a cruise I surely will be, so I'm not sure what the benefit is to printing your own?

Also, many airports have kiosks where you can print your own, again without standing in the check-in line. But with bags you'll be in the line anyway.

If you check in on line you just go to the luggage drop off line with your boarding pass. Much faster.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The benefit? It is what makes us all different people. I prefer printing

it (if possible) the day before so I have it with me. And depending

on who I am flying with as well, If I am going on Southwest, being

in the "A" group is my choice and as long as I print my boarding pass

at the 24 hour point it normally puts me in that group. So that benefits

me:D.......other folks may not give a hoot;)....

Different strokes..........

Not sure about Celebrity but on Carnival in January we did luggage express and they printed our boarding passes for us when they gave us our luggage tags.

I think people are referring to the boarding passes for their flights

home....not their Xpress Pass for boarding the ship;):).......you do

need to print your Xpress pass to board the ship.....in paper:D

Normally I print at the airport, but I'm taking my chances with an early flight in February, so I'll be doing everything in my power to make sure I don't have any extra steps at the airport. Will be doing express walkoff, will have boarding passes printed, already got my Global Entry card for TSA pre-check...I'm covering all the bases! LOL.

Oh, and I don't have a smart phone & probably never will! (Although I admit that my other half has one.)

Edited by RealDeal

Not sure about Celebrity but on Carnival in January we did luggage express and they printed our boarding passes for us when they gave us our luggage tags.

I think people are referring to the boarding passes for their flights home....not their Xpress Pass for boarding the ship;):).:D

Lois,

I could be wrong, I am a lot, but I believe they are talking about "Luggage Valet". :)

My take on Smart Phones.

No one needs one. but once you have one and learn how much one phone can do you will wonder how you did without it. Banking, bill paying, home budget, shopping, shopping coupons, cell phone, camera, photo storage ( 6000 ) pictures on mine. Email, even my Starbucks card.

Don't be so fast to dismiss their value..

If you check in on line you just go to the luggage drop off line with your boarding pass. Much faster.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I guess it depends on the airline. On the airlines we usually fly they have boarding pass printers at the luggage drop off points, you use these machines the same you would to register your luggage for drop off so there are no extra steps other than the 15 seconds the printer on the machine is actually running. Likewise if you just check in for luggage drop off at the counter they can print a boarding pass while they check your reservation in their system. Perhaps other lines differ and having a boarding pass pre-printed is more meaningful on some.

I guess it depends on the airline. On the airlines we usually fly they have boarding pass printers at the luggage drop off points, you use these machines the same you would to register your luggage for drop off so there are no extra steps other than the 15 seconds the printer on the machine is actually running. Likewise if you just check in for luggage drop off at the counter they can print a boarding pass while they check your reservation in their system. Perhaps other lines differ and having a boarding pass pre-printed is more meaningful on some.

I'm flying JetBlue out of FLL. I'm sure I could just print my boarding pass there, but I figure if I have time the day before & have Internet minutes, why not do it ahead of time.

Lois,

I could be wrong, I am a lot, but I believe they are talking about "Luggage Valet". :)

ohhhh:eek:......I thought they were talking about boarding passes

for flights home......:eek:.....guess I was wrong....and that happens

to me all the time;)

My take on Smart Phones.

No one needs one. but once you have one and learn how much one phone can do you will wonder how you did without it. Banking, bill paying, home budget, shopping, shopping coupons, cell phone, camera, photo storage ( 6000 ) pictures on mine. Email, even my Starbucks card.

Don't be so fast to dismiss their value..

I am not dismissing it for those who like using one:).....banking?

Bill paying? I do that on my laptoop.

Home budget?:eek:...not sure I get that part. Shopping? I use my laptop

or actually go to the store in person:D

Some may laugh but I still use my old flipphone from Samsung.......

It works for me.

Last April when we used Jet Blue from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale, the TSA pre check wouldn't print out on home computer-- I spoke with them and they said that passengers who have this need to have their boarding passes printed out at the counter-- some kind of computer glich-- Anyway, I did print out the passes at home without the info and showed it at counter. Gal there printed out the hard copies and the TSA pre check was right there.

Kind of annoying as the other major airlines don't seem to have any problem with that....