Diamond Lounge - what do you get?

I was reading on the RCCL website the below statement... I thought in the Diamond Lounge you got free drinks in the evening for 3 hours?

diamond Lounge

Exclusive club for Pinnacle Club, Diamond, and Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor members offers light breakfast and snacks throughout the day.

Costs: Food included in the cost of your cruise; specialty drinks, alcoholic beverages, bottled water, beer, wine and soft drinks are at current menu pricing.

Hope to get in here before central Illinois.

It's 3 drinks during the DL lounge is open.

Either in the lounge, depending on the number of D's on board, or in any lounge on board (except in Windjammer or MDR) during those hours. :D

During the evening there is a period that the lounge is open and serving drinks. There is no limit on the number of drinks that you can get from the lounge. In addition to that your Seapass card will have 3 free drink coupons that may be used during that same time at most bars on the ship. You do not use the coupons in the Diamond lounge.

Either in the lounge, depending on the number of D's on board, or in any lounge on board (except in Windjammer or MDR) during those hours. :D

You beat me.:)

The DL offers unlimited complimentary drinks during the nightly cocktail hour. These drinks are soda, selected beers, house wine and champagne, and basic mixed drinks, no blender drinks. Also hot/cold snacks.

In addition to what is listed above, all ships will be giving 3 drink vouchers to be used at bars around the ship, with the same drink selection as in the lounge. The voucher program is still being rolled out and should be fleetwide sometime in September.

Edited by clarea

But correct me if I'm wrong... You cannot go to the Diamond Lounge, get a drink and take it with you, correct? You are expected to consume drinks IN the lounge...

That has always been the rule, but the rules and their implementation are moving targets.

Edited by clarea

But correct me if I'm wrong... You cannot go to the Diamond Lounge, get a drink and take it with you, correct? You are expected to consume drinks IN the lounge...

It's a moot point since you can get 3 drinks at any bar and take that anywhere you want to go. Now it's possible to get a glass of wine to bring to dinner.

That has always been the rule, but the rules and their implementation are moving targets.

That's for sure!!! I was even reading some posts on here somewhere that they were getting any kind of drink that they wanted, not just those on the DL/CL drink menu:rolleyes:

Edited by molly361

isn't that the truth. In the 10 years since I've heard about Diamond status to now things have really changed. I'll be in the next 250 days before I become Diamond, it will change again.

It's not limited to 3 drinks while in the lounge. It's normal service

Sounds like someone us taking the rule too far on you if that's what they have done to you

Three vouchers per night for those hours yes at any bar

Also it's a good place to read and have quiet time early through day or late at

Night for hot chocolate. And relax

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was reading on the RCCL website the below statement... I thought in the Diamond Lounge you got free drinks in the evening for 3 hours?

diamond Lounge

Exclusive club for Pinnacle Club, Diamond, and Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor members offers light breakfast and snacks throughout the day.

Costs: Food included in the cost of your cruise; specialty drinks, alcoholic beverages, bottled water, beer, wine and soft drinks are at current menu pricing.

The best perk in the lounge is the company of other Diamond Cruisers. I"m hopeing to make Diamond Plus first quarter next year and meet even more nice people!!

We had no problem taking drinks from DL to dining room on last cruise. In fact the bartender always made sure we had one to go.

Think the policy has changed since the 3 drinks loaded onto sea pass cards before it was hit and miss at the nightly events and depended a lot on who was on the door as you left. Some staff would look the other way and some would stop you and either make you drink up or leave it behind. How you can leave the DL or CL at 2025 go to a bar and then take your drinks to dinner without a problem.

The best perk in the lounge is the company of other Diamond Cruisers. I"m hopeing to make Diamond Plus first quarter next year and meet even more nice people!!

While I am Diamond Plus, I have to admit some of the nicest people I meet on board are new cruisers or those repeat cruisers much further down on the food chain. Just saying...

That's for sure!!! I was even reading some posts on here somewhere that they were getting any kind of drink that they wanted, not just those on the DL/CL drink menu:rolleyes:

Absolutely true! Getting high end like Grey Goose Vodka, Hendrick's Gin and the like in the bars rather than the CL. Also, the drinks added to the sea pass lasted 1/2 longer than the Concierge Lounge was open. This was on our Jewel cruise 3 weeks ago.

On Majesty last week, we took drinks out of the "Diamond Event" with no problem either.

"Diamond Event" is not the same as "Diamond Lounge" so the rules may be different. At Diamond Event , you pay 75% of the going price for mixed drinks. House wine and soft drinks are free. In the Diamond Lounge, pretty much all mixed drinks (Except blender drinks) are free. :)

"Diamond Event" is not the same as "Diamond Lounge" so the rules may be different. At Diamond Event , you pay 75% of the going price for mixed drinks. House wine and soft drinks are free. In the Diamond Lounge, pretty much all mixed drinks (Except blender drinks) are free. :)

That wasn't the point of my response but thanks for the clarity. and yes the "no drinks outside the lounge" are the same weather in a lounge or event. See below from RC website

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place approximately 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

7 Diamond Lounge is an exclusive benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members and cannot be extended to include friends and family. Complimentary specialty coffees are only available in the dining room on days when breakfast is being served. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room. Open to guests 18 years of age and older.

That wasn't the point of my response but thanks for the clarity. and yes the "no drinks outside the lounge" are the same weather in a lounge or event. See below from RC website

Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

The web site has not been updated to reflect the newer policies since they started the drink vouchers around the ship's other lounges. We also would go into the DL each evening on our recent Vision b2b to take with us to dinner.

Let's not forget the free cappuccino available just about anytime.

......AND, the hor d'ourves during the cocktail hours in the evening, AND the wonderful breakfast buffet. We were always given a drink to take with us to dinner when we left the DL;):)

The web site has not been updated to reflect the newer policies since they started the drink vouchers around the ship's other lounges. We also would go into the DL each evening on our recent Vision b2b to take with us to dinner.

as far as I know the rules regarding taking drinks out of the lounge/event has not changed. What we were discussing was the enforcement of the so called "rule". as far as I know Royal has not made any announcement regarding any changes in policy and the drink voucher system has not rolled out fleet wide yet.