Which is better for whale watching in December?

Ellaleah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
ALL,

Going to be in Cabo December 23, 2015 and would like to know if this is a GOOD time for a Whale Watching Tour??

Thanks

GonzoWCS

Absolutely. If you like a more intimate, first class experience, check out the Rissalena on trip advisor. $55/person includes a full lunch and a maximum of 24 passengers. If you want something less expensive, there are a lot of options available.

Absolutely. If you like a more intimate, first class experience, check out the Rissalena on trip advisor. $55/person includes a full lunch and a maximum of 24 passengers. If you want something less expensive, there are a lot of options available.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone done this recently? The website has a very old copyright date and I don't see specifics on the tour listed.

We will be on the Jewel week of December 6th. Is this too early for whale watching?

We'll be on the same cruise and wondering as well. From what I've been reading there should be whales around at that time but it's early enough in the "season" that whale sightings aren't guaranteed on the tours.

Has anyone done this recently? The website has a very old copyright date and I don't see specifics on the tour listed.

I did it in August. They are docked at the end of the boat launch ramp near Puerto Parasio mall. It's a family owned operation, their web site is definitely not fancy, but they have been in business for many years. This is also the tour frequented by local gringos. If you have specific questions, I can help, or you can email them at rissacat@prodigy.net.mx. Laura makes the reservations and she speaks perfect English because she grew up in the states.

I did it in August. They are docked at the end of the boat launch ramp near Puerto Parasio mall. It's a family owned operation, their web site is definitely not fancy, but they have been in business for many years. This is also the tour frequented by local gringos. If you have specific questions, I can help, or you can email them at rissacat@prodigy.net.mx. Laura makes the reservations and she speaks perfect English because she grew up in the states.

Thanks. I'll try that email. Not sure if it is the same on their "contact us" on the website. I emailed a few days ago and have not (yet) gotten a response. We're in cabo on Veendam December 15. I wanted to see what they have available. It's a short call and I want to do something longer than 2 hours ( which is what the ship offers.)

Is the boat ramp near / in sight of the tender dock? I'm not really familiar with cabo. Have only cruised there once.

I am also trying to book with them and can't get a response. Could you please tell me what time the tour goes out, length, if there is a meal/drinks provided and price? Our ship leaves at 2pm so Im hoping they have an easier in the day option. Thank you.

I am also trying to book with them and can't get a response. Could you please tell me what time the tour goes out, length, if there is a meal/drinks provided and price? Our ship leaves at 2pm so Im hoping they have an easier in the day option. Thank you.

The day tour leaves at 10 am and returns at 1 pm. There is a full lunch served of chicken, salad, a casserole, chips and guac along with an open bar.

The boat launch ramp is near Puerto Paraiso Mall which is pretty much directly across the marina from the tender pier. It would be about a 20-25 minute easy walk. There are bicycle taxis available which could get you there faster and would be cheaper than a land taxi.

I'll contact Laura and see what's up.

Pez Gato is very close to the tender pier and they also run the Tropicat.

https://pezgato.com/

There is also Cabo Escape. These are bigger venues but Cabo Escape gets favorable reviews.

http://caboescapetours.com/

Cabo Escape is at dock zero, near the pirate ship. If you were going to do it, I would plan on a 45 minute walk, or better to take a water or land taxi if pressed for time.