Dining included?

It's been some time since our last cruise and on a different line.

Reviewing RCCL dining for a particular ship, I have noted all dining options without a $ in the charge column.

1. Am I safe to assume that meals and snacks at these locations are included in my passage?

2. Am I reading correctly that ROOM SERVICE IS INCLUDED (except midnight-5am)?

3. Am I also safe to assume that the offerings from room service menu are NOT the same as main dining?

4. What beverages ARE included? Got Milk? Do I need a beverage package if I have kids that drink milk with meals?

5. Water and lemonade?

6. If I want juice at breakfast is that extra?

7. If I don't plan on drinking a lot of soda or alcohol is it better to purchase my beverages ala carte sans package?

8. What are prices per beverage? I've been drilling thru RCCL.com site to no avail. :confused:

9. What types of cuisine? We are used to multiple course selections (appetizer, soup/salad, entree, dessert). Is this still the norm?

10. Do midnight buffets and chocolate/dessert buffets still exist?

11. Shrimp, seafood, prime rib, filet mignon still offered in main dining? Not every night, but at least once during itinerary?

12. Fresh fruit? Fresh veggies?

13. Good vegetarian/vegan options in complimentary dining?

Edited by shykitten
more questions

Reviewing RCCL dining for a particular ship, I have noted all dining options without a $ in the charge column.

1. Am I safe to assume that meals and snacks at these locations are included in my passage? Probably, but without knowing what you are looking at, and what ship you are sailing on, I can't be sure.

2. Am I reading correctly that ROOM SERVICE IS INCLUDED (except midnight-5am)? Correct.

3. Am I also safe to assume that the offerings from room service menu are NOT the same as main dining? Correct. If you are in Grand Suite or better, you can also order off the Main Dining Room menu.

4. What beverages ARE included? Got Milk? Tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast. Some ships add flavored waters. Do I need a beverage package if I have kids that drink milk with meals? Not if all they drink is milk with meals.

5. Water and lemonade? See above.

6. If I want juice at breakfast is that extra? Fresh squeezed is extra. Juice drink is included.

7. If I don't plan on drinking a lot of soda or alcohol is it better to purchase my beverages ala carte sans package? Unknown. Exactly how much will you drink per day?

8. What are prices per beverage? I've been drilling thru RCCL.com site to no avail. :confused: See below.

Answers in RED above.

Good drink menu:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Edited by clarea

1. Am I safe to assume that meals and snacks at these locations are included in my passage?

2. Am I reading correctly that ROOM SERVICE IS INCLUDED (except midnight-5am)?

3. Am I also safe to assume that the offerings from room service menu are NOT the same as main dining?

4. What beverages ARE included? Got Milk? Do I need a beverage package if I have kids that drink milk with meals?

5. Water and lemonade?

6. If I want juice at breakfast is that extra?

7. If I don't plan on drinking a lot of soda or alcohol is it better to purchase my beverages ala carte sans package?

8. What are prices per beverage? I've been drilling thru RCCL.com site to no avail. :confused:

I don't have all of your answers but I will do the best I can.

1) For the most part yes. All food at the free dining venues is included. Some exceptions. Restaurants that have a la carte pricing (Izumi and Rita's Cantina come to mind). In the main dining room they may offer you some specialty items at extra charge (like surf and turf).

2) Yes, room service (from the room service menu) is included except for midnight - 5 AM. Tips are extra and recommended

3) Yes, it is a limited menu. However I believe that you can order the same dinner as in the main dining room for in your cabin but not sure how you order that via room service. Someone else may know.

4) I believe you can get milk with every meal in either the main dining room or the Windjammer buffet. Other included soft drinks are lemonade, iced tea, coffee, tea, and flavored waters (on some ships).

5) Yes on water and lemonade. No on bottled water. Only tap water provided but it is filtered and tastes fine.

6) Regular juice with breakfast is included. Fresh squeezed is extra.

7) Yes, a la carte is the way to go if you don't drink much.

8) Prices before gratuity (they will add gratuity automatically to each purchase) Can of soda is about $2.50. Glass of wine maybe $8 - $10. Beer around $4.50 - $6. Cocktails start at about $7 and go up from there. Comparable to bar prices in the US.

Edited by eel

9. What types of cuisine? We are used to multiple course selections (appetizer, soup/salad, entree, dessert). Is this still the norm?

10. Do midnight buffets and chocolate/dessert buffets still exist?

11. Shrimp, seafood, prime rib, filet mignon still offered in main dining? Not every night, but at least once during itinerary?

12. Fresh fruit? Fresh veggies?

13. Good vegetarian/vegan options in complimentary dining?

Here's a menu list for the Main Dining Room:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

No midnight buffets every night. Some ships will have one late night buffet on the pool deck.

If you have special dietary needs, contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse].

Edited by clarea