Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Loving the report! How was the food at Captain James? We are doing this same cruise September 2015. A long, long time to go. I was very interested on what you did in Baltimore - will check out the Sleep Inn.

Thanks for your work on this trip report!!!

Kim

I'm booked on the Pride in August 2015 (only 51 weeks to go) and can't wait to see the rest of the review. I've already bookmarked the hotel as an option for us. The pictures are worth so much more than just hearing it's clean and safe.

Edited by mweiss1998

Enjoying this review! Pride is the only spirit class ship we haven't cruised on. With no ships in NYC after October (our homeport-we are 20 minutes doorstep to cruise terminal) we are definitely thinking of booking Pride for 2015. We used to drive to Baltimore a lot when the Yankees were playing the Orioles at Camden Yards and it's a beautiful city. And I'm another Homicide Life on the Street fan! ;) Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

I don't know what I would do if we had a cruise port that close to us....I would be on a cruise every month.

Camden Yards is a beautiful ballpark. We saw a game there in 2009 when the Orioles were playing the Yankees.

I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of my review

Brianna i cant get over how much you look like your mother. I love the inner harbor too. Baltimore starts to get a little hairy just two blocks over. However the inner harbor is beautiful.

Is that a good thing....haha??? When I answer the phone at home people always think they are talking to my mom at first. And yes we do look a lot alike.

And yes you're right the Inner Harbor is beautiful but the downtown area can be sketchy at night

Loving the report! How was the food at Captain James? We are doing this same cruise September 2015. A long, long time to go. I was very interested on what you did in Baltimore - will check out the Sleep Inn.

Thanks for your work on this trip report!!!

Kim

The food at Captain James was ok. We had crab legs and my mom had cream of crab soup. If you're looking to take the water taxi....the stop at Captain James is a perfect starting spot because you can leave your car there.

If I were you I would definitely do the water taxi....it is a great way to get around downtown. The Sleep Inn was in the process of changing names from a Sleep Inn to a Best Western. The transformation was set to be complete in about 3 months

All these people saying they enjoy your reviews and pics, they ... are telling the truth! :)

Great job so far.

We've been on the Pride a few times, and I'm sure we will be again.

Thank You. Yes I really enjoy putting the reviews together.

I hope you continue to enjoy my review

I'm booked on the Pride in August 2015 (only 51 weeks to go) and can't wait to see the rest of the review. I've already bookmarked the hotel as an option for us. The pictures are worth so much more than just hearing it's clean and safe.

Wow....August 2015. You have a lot more control than I would....I could never wait that long in between cruises....4 months is long enough....haha

It was a nice hotel....with clean and comfy beds. The shuttle to and from the cruise port was nice.

If you have any questions about the Pride don't hesitate to ask. I hope you enjoy the rest of my review

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014016_zpse80c007f.jpg

I think my mom was enjoying this way too much :p

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014017_zps830137fb.jpg

The real way my dad lost a tooth :D

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014019_zps8e553287.jpg

Love this picture of my mom and dad

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014020_zps8411ad03.jpg

Just waiting for the Water Taxi to arrive

great picture of your parents..they look like they are ready to have a great time

FYI: the pirate boat does adult rides in the evening where you can bring on alcohol and food :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ooooo now that would make it even more fun. It definitely looked like people were having fun onboard the Pirate ship

We have never braved a hotel that offered the park & shuttle service - most of us love the convenience of walking off the ship & going directly to our car to get on the road home.

SO, what I'm wondering is........I know you said you checked out of the Hotel at 9am because you couldnt get the shuttle until you did. What time did the shuttle start?? What time did you leave the hotel & the time you got TO the port?? & MORE importantly.........HOW long did you have to wait on the shuttle after returning to the port ??

Thanks for the review..I also love lots and lots of pictures...I travel with my Mom too - she's always teasing about the amount of pics I take :D

We have never braved a hotel that offered the park & shuttle service - most of us love the convenience of walking off the ship & going directly to our car to get on the road home.

SO, what I'm wondering is........I know you said you checked out of the Hotel at 9am because you couldnt get the shuttle until you did. What time did the shuttle start?? What time did you leave the hotel & the time you got TO the port?? & MORE importantly.........HOW long did you have to wait on the shuttle after returning to the port ??

Thanks for the review..I also love lots and lots of pictures...I travel with my Mom too - she's always teasing about the amount of pics I take :D

We checked out of the hotel by 9:00 am and we waited in the lobby until 9:30 am. At that time the desk clerk at the hotel said the shuttle was on its way back to the hotel. We were on the first shuttle to the cruise port. We left the hotel around 9:45 am and we arrived at the port by 10:00 am. We were checked in at the cruise terminal and waiting to board by 10:15 am.

The embarkation at the Port of Baltimore was by far the smoothest embarkation we have encountered on a cruise. Since we arrived so early and got checked in we did have to wait over an hour in the cruise terminal for boarding to begin.

For the shuttle at the end of the cruise we had to wait about 30 minutes. I called the hotel to tell them that we had our bags and that we had exited the terminal and that we were ready for our return shuttle to the hotel.

I hope you continue to enjoy my review. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Ooooo now that would make it even more fun. It definitely looked like people were having fun onboard the Pirate ship

I have not yet been able to go on it at night but when I have business meetings at the harbor I see the boat going by with the cannons going off. I've heard good reviews though.

Thanks for sharing your Baltimore info and photos! My son is a Midshipman at Annapolis (which, by the way, is another awesome city to visit!) but we'll be in Baltimore later this month for a football game and for Army-Navy in December - you've inspired me to plan for some extra time to do some sightseeing there!!

Oh, and we'll be on the Pride out of Tampa in January, so I'm anxious to see your Pride comments as well!

Edited by Fergus

Wonderful review as always. Looking forward to the rest.

Thank You.

I have not yet been able to go on it at night but when I have business meetings at the harbor I see the boat going by with the cannons going off. I've heard good reviews though.

It definitely looks like fun and the rates were actually pretty reasonable as well. It's not the typical sightseeing tour which makes it interesting

Thanks for sharing your Baltimore info and photos! My son is a Midshipman at Annapolis (which, by the way, is another awesome city to visit!) but we'll be in Baltimore later this month for a football game and for Army-Navy in December - you've inspired me to plan for some extra time to do some sightseeing there!!

Oh, and we'll be on the Pride out of Tampa in January, so I'm anxious to see your Pride comments as well!

Please thank your Son for me for his service to our wonderful country. I have heard that Annapolis is a pretty area. An Army-Navy football game...I am very jealous!!!

We just bought Season Tickets for Notre Dame this year. I can't wait for the first game next weekend. College Football is by far sport to watch. Is the Army vs. Navy game at M&T Bank Stadium??

The Pride is a great ship....we had a wonderful time. And I'm sure that you will too