drink coupons

I just received a notice from RCL that on my sailing on Oct. 27th aboard the ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS that as a Diamond member I & my spouse will be given 3 drinks per day, my question is " Is there still a DIAMOND LOUNGE aboard the ship???? We enjoy meeting other Diamond members that we meet on other crusies, is that gone??

I don't have an answer to your question, but I wanted to say that I just got the same email for my Dec 23, 2014 cruise on the Legend. I'm happy to get this email since we are traveling with a non-Diamond member. Hated to leave them while we were in the lounge. Now we don't have to leave them and can still enjoy our drinks.:D

I just received a notice from RCL that on my sailing on Oct. 27th aboard the ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS that as a Diamond member I & my spouse will be given 3 drinks per day, my question is " Is there still a DIAMOND LOUNGE aboard the ship???? We enjoy meeting other Diamond members that we meet on other crusies, is that gone??

The Enchantment of the Seas has both a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. You are still welcome to have as many drinks as you like in a Lounge, but you will also have these three vouchers on your SeaPass each day.

They can be used in any bar on the ship except in the main dining room, the Windjammer or in Chops. They can be used for the same drinks that you can get in the DL & CL, during the same hours that the DL & CL have "happy hour". (probably 5-8:30 on the Enchantment)

My understanding of this program is that 3 drinks per day can be used during the same hours that the Diamond Lounge is open - you can still use the diamond lounge if the ship has one and you won't use your coupons there. This practice is supposed to help with the overcrowding in the lounges and the drink coupons can be redeemed at any bar but not in the windjammer, main dining room, specialty restaurants, etc. only at a bar. So this is in addition to the diamond lounge.

I just got this email....hope it applies to the Legend of the Seas in January!

YOUR ONBOARD LOUNGE BENEFITS JUST GOT BETTER

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

This expanded benefit will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall. Kindly note, drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in any of our specialty restaurants, and expire daily.*

I just got this email....hope it applies to the Legend of the Seas in January!

YOUR ONBOARD LOUNGE BENEFITS JUST GOT BETTER

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

This expanded benefit will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall. Kindly note, drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in any of our specialty restaurants, and expire daily.*

Lol. This has been the subject of so many threads. I'm pleased it's still having a feel good effect on cruisers who hear the news.

Have a GREAT cruise :-)

Thanks for the information. I think someone posted something similar a week or two ago. Hopefully it will be fleet wide when you sail in January. Keep us posted.

You think someone did? It's been posted multiple times. We got the email about Grandeur weeks ago and many others have received the email too. The fact OP got the email means it will be in effect for their cruise. They're sending it to people whose cruises will be affected by it. It's rolling out fleet wide and all ships will have it sooner rather than later.

We will be on Vision Thursday. Guessing they will give us that. We will go to the CL but will be nice to grab another drink before we head to dinner since you cannot use the coupons in the dining room. Or if hubby needs a refill at dinner we can go out and get one and bring it back

We will be on Vision Thursday. Guessing they will give us that. We will go to the CL but will be nice to grab another drink before we head to dinner since you cannot use the coupons in the dining room. Or if hubby needs a refill at dinner we can go out and get one and bring it back

If you got the email about it you will have the vouchers. Vision apparently has vouchers as of mid-July. There's a thread somewhere with dates based on who has an email about a ship and what date they are cruising.

Found the thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059707&highlight=voucher

Edited by BND

You think someone did? It's been posted multiple times. We got the email about Grandeur weeks ago and many others have received the email too. The fact OP got the email means it will be in effect for their cruise. They're sending it to people whose cruises will be affected by it. It's rolling out fleet wide and all ships will have it sooner rather than later.

I was trying to be polite. Guess you weren't. :p

Anyone know if children under the age of 18 who have diamond status will also get the 3 drink vouchers to use for canned soda?

I have not heard of that but would not expect that they would as they - Diamond or not - are not permitted in the Diamond Club during the cocktail hours. They would therefore not be provided coupons as they are intended for alcohol purchase for those Diamond members 21 or older as an alternative to obtaining the drinks in the Diamond Club.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I was trying to be polite. Guess you weren't. :p

I was being sarcastic as there are many, many threads on the subject. There's at least 4 threads on the first page alone. Plus, the one I found discusses which ships and when (at least those that have been reported).

Edited by BND

• 2 weeks later...

We will only use 1 (maybe 2) drinks/ evening.

My brother and his wife are sailing with us (they are Platinum member) & they get no drink vouchers.

My question is: Can we get a drink for them too, using 1 of our vouchers that will go to waste otherwise.

I realize this will inflame some posters here as "cheating" however, If we earned them. What difference does it make who consumes the beverage??