Celebrity Eclipse Drinks

Ollieotter

We have a drinks package (alcoholic included) as part of our deal. Does the price of drinks on board allow us a good variety of wine and spirit drinks. We were on the Equinox in May and the choice was good, but have heard that the prices are more expensive sailing from Southampton, and the choice was very limited. Can anyone tell me if this is true.

Package drink prices on Eclipse, out of Southampton, include the 15% service charge unlike those leaving out of The States which are shown excluding the 15%, therefore giving the impression of being more expensive. There is a good choice of spirits but you might find the wine choice limited.

There was a link that old you what brands were included on the Celebrity web site but I can't find it at the moment.

The classic package covers most run of the mill spirits and a few beers and wines. It doesn't cover things like Grey goose ,malt whisky and some of the better rums and gins but there are a number of choices in each of these. Most cocktails are over this limit but I understand that they will prepare a cut down version of it to keep it below the $8 mark. If you want something not covered in the package, the whole drink is charged with the classic package.

You can upgrade the package either on board or before your cruise at an extra cost of $10 plus 15% per head per day.

The advantage of that, which allows you drink up to $12 plus 15% tip. If you want something more expensive, you only pay the excess (plus tip of course). This has a much better wine selection and covers almost all beers.

We have a drinks package (alcoholic included) as part of our deal. Does the price of drinks on board allow us a good variety of wine and spirit drinks. We were on the Equinox in May and the choice was good, but have heard that the prices are more expensive sailing from Southampton, and the choice was very limited. Can anyone tell me if this is true.

You will probably find that the choice is exactly the same, its just the prices uk/uk include the 15% and European/US don't. Your drinks allowance on the packages increase to include the 15%.

Lou

Thanks for the list of spirits and wines, but what about cocktails? If one ordered, for instance, a Long Island Iced Tea, it requires several of these ingredients. Has anyone seen a cocktail menu? The one for the GastroBar has cocktails at $9, which is over the Classic limit, right?

Thanks for the list of spirits and wines, but what about cocktails? If one ordered, for instance, a Long Island Iced Tea, it requires several of these ingredients. Has anyone seen a cocktail menu? The one for the GastroBar has cocktails at $9, which is over the Classic limit, right?

If the Cocktail is over the Classic limit then you would have to pay the whole cost of the drink plus 15%, if you upgrade to the Premium package then virtually all Cocktails are included, if they are not then you just pay the difference between the Premium allowance and the Cocktail cost plus 15%. We upgraded for our forthcoming Italy and Greek Islands cruise for $11.50 per day each including the 15% so if you have just one expensive Cocktail you have covered yourself plus you get a better choice of Wines/Spirits/Beers/Water etc.

For us it was a no brainer because although we are not big drinkers it is nice to know that we can have a better choice and so try a few more Cocktails.

I only have this from Eclipse in May. Guest relations put this list together as there are no cocktails on the printed bar menus below the premium cut off.

This isnt complete and others have noted getting additional cocktails to what is shown here. We got a BBC and a Pina Colada.

d82d040036168a5ff18d0e8d057f656c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks very much. These used to be on the web site.

Which Canaries Cruise are you doing in October?

Gordon

We are on the 14 day cruise leaving 5th Oct. This time we have the Premium Package thrown in by our agent. Happy Days.

I only have this from Eclipse in May. Guest relations put this list together as there are no cocktails on the printed bar menus below the premium cut off.

This isnt complete and others have noted getting additional cocktails to what is shown here. We got a BBC and a Pina Colada.

Thank you, this is helpful.

JoAnn

So are we.

We did the cruise last October minus the Azores (not through choice bad weather stopped the ship going there)

We have classic package just now but I will be upgrading nearer the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. Are you on the roll call and meet and mingle?

We had the classic in May when the changes came into effect. As a result of the restrictions they ( temporarily) put into place on the Classic Package we negotiated a free upgrade to Premium. It convinced us that we would always go Premium.

This will be a nice relaxing cruise for us as ports are not too intensive.

Great. Are you on the roll call and meet and mingle?

We had the classic in May when the changes came into effect. As a result of the restrictions they ( temporarily) put into place on the Classic Package we negotiated a free upgrade to Premium. It convinced us that we would always go Premium.

This will be a nice relaxing cruise for us as ports are not too intensive.

Am in the roll call but niot meet and mingle as yet. We usually wait till towards the embarkation time before getting involved.

I like the premium package as I like good alcohol well refined alcohol which doesn't need to be in big doses,

We have had the premium package on every cruise we have done with Celebrity.

The ports are all pretty laid back. We like it as we have been on all of get destined actions other than the Azores several times now. We just get off and have a walk around. Usually do a number of miles each port.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all this information. At last decision has been made to upgrade to Premium Package for Oct 5th cruise on Eclipse. :)

quote=Lovemychoos;43889958]You will probably find that the choice is exactly the same, its just the prices uk/uk include the 15% and European/US don't. Your drinks allowance on the packages increase to include the 15%.

Lou

• 5 months later...

We just booked a cruise today. As part of the 123 go package, we get the standard drink package. Is that unlimited? Or are we only allowed x amount of sodas/bottled water/adult beverages, etc per day?

We just booked a cruise today. As part of the 123 go package, we get the standard drink package. Is that unlimited? Or are we only allowed x amount of sodas/bottled water/adult beverages, etc per day?

It is unlimited but you have to start drinking very early in the morning to be able to drink all day with the package. ;)

Drink up 🍻🍸🍺🍷🍹

We also just booked and received the Classic Package, and this will be the first time for us using it.

With all the posts that I've read, have to say, I'm a little confused. :confused: When we board, will there be a list in the cabin of what we can choose from with the package? Or, are those found only at the bars?

On the drinks menus, aren't the prices shown before having the 18% added? So, with the classic package, does the upper cost limit mean before the 18% or after it's been added. so, for example, if $9 is the upper limit for a glass of wine, surely that doesn't include the added tax.

Think we're going to be perfectly happy, for the first time out anyway, with the package without having to upgrade, but the only, smallest concern is about what the wine by the glass choices will be. I'm sure, though, that there must be a decent cabernet or shiraz available, just like on the wine package. :)

We also just booked and received the Classic Package, and this will be the first time for us using it.

With all the posts that I've read, have to say, I'm a little confused. :confused: When we board, will there be a list in the cabin of what we can choose from with the package? Or, are those found only at the bars?

On the drinks menus, aren't the prices shown before having the 18% added? So, with the classic package, does the upper cost limit mean before the 18% or after it's been added. so, for example, if $9 is the upper limit for a glass of wine, surely that doesn't include the added tax.

Think we're going to be perfectly happy, for the first time out anyway, with the package without having to upgrade, but the only, smallest concern is about what the wine by the glass choices will be. I'm sure, though, that there must be a decent cabernet or shiraz available, just like on the wine package. :)

Hi there! Please see the PDF attached to this post for a fairly comprehensive FAQ about the packages.

You won't find the drink menu in your room aside from a few room service options (not covered by your package). You may be able to request a list of covered beverages from Guest Services. I think the rest of your questions are answered in that document. I'll add the menu question next time I update it!