Regal Princess Night Sky Lounge

azdmelani

Read today that the cabanas can be rented for these evenings complete with bottle service. Hope they don't think the 375ml count as bottle service :eek:

I haven't been on Regal, but is it really going to attract this kind of "south beach" crowd? Kudos for trying something different, but I just don't see this flying with the average Princess cruiser.

Read today that the cabanas can be rented for these evenings complete with bottle service. Hope they don't think the 375ml count as bottle service :eek:

I haven't been on Regal, but is it really going to attract this kind of "south beach" crowd? Kudos for trying something different, but I just don't see this flying with the average Princess cruiser.

Of our 18 Princess cruises, only two have been to the Caribbean and the last one was in 2007. What is the typical Princess cruiser on Caribbean cruises, the target audience for the Night Sky Lounge?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Of our 18 Princess cruises, only two have been to the Caribbean and the last one was in 2007. What is the typical Princess cruiser on Caribbean cruises, the target audience for the Night Sky Lounge?

I've done 7 days on Ruby about 2 years ago. The deck party seemed well attended and was fun but I can't see those same people doing bottle service in a cabana. They were having a great time playing musical chairs ...not quite the south beach vibe ;)

I'm sure they think that eventually it will be a hit with the younger crowd in their 30's but they'll have a long wait till the avg age drops to that.

It sounds like it'll be a good night to go to a movie.;)

It sounds like it'll be a good night to go to a movie.;)

But not MUTS.

Either MUTS will be cancelled that evening so its noise will not disturb the outdoor party or noise from the party will make it impossible to enjoy a MUTS movie. The two areas are too close to each other.

But not MUTS.

Either MUTS will be cancelled that evening so its noise will not disturb the outdoor party or noise from the party will make it impossible to enjoy a MUTS movie. The two areas are too close to each other.

I don't think this will be a problem. The Night Sky Lounge is going to be at the Retreat Pool... That's quite a distance from the main pool, and on the other side of that midship structure that holds the two round satellite antenna domes.

I don't think this will be a problem. The Night Sky Lounge is going to be at the Retreat Pool... That's quite a distance from the main pool, and on the other side of that midship structure that holds the two round satellite antenna domes.
MUTS is on the aft side of the pool area and there is probably sufficient distance from the Retreat Pool area to do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

But not MUTS.

On nights they had the pool party on deck they usually have a movie in the Princess theater around 10 PM. I hoping the Regal & Royal will be similar otherwise we'll have to resort to the TV with our own movies. I can't get comfortable for 2 hours in the deck chairs anyway.

I'm generally a lurker on these boards however I believe I'm in their target age range, I'm 34 years old, female and really have no interest in a pay for entertainment venue. The idea is neat if it includes a ticket for a drink, otherwise it will probably die. I have been on both the three/four day cruises out of L.A. And sky walkers has been hit or miss, I find it strange they are hyping this. I also cruise celebrity and they ave recently started this Miami dj music in their atrium that plays so loud you can't even have a conversation over a martini.

I am 50 and plan to try it on our Christmas cruise. There are other free venues for those who choose a different route. If I were vacationing somewhere else a night club would likely have a cover plus charge for drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not on a cruise after the Alaskan one, and I'm not in Princess's demographic for this party (I'm 50), but if I were on a Princess cruise and this was offered...I wouldn't attend it.

I'm not into DJs and records, overly loud music, or gaudy lighting. I'm into live multi-member bands playing honest-to-goodness instruments at a volume where one can think about good memories the songs bring to mind and maybe share the story with the person sitting or standing next to me. Softly lit twinkling lights that mimic stars, if there aren't any stars showing, or adding to the mood if they are.

I have paid extra to attend events (Jazz Brunch on NCL), so not adverse to doing so if the content is of interest, but this one planned by Princess just doesn't hit the mark with me. Will have to wait for future ideas to come along.

But not MUTS.

What party are you talking about? The new lounge will not be a party.

What party are you talking about? The new lounge will not be a party.

It's an outdoor party around a pool.

No matter what Princess calls it, a party around a pool is not a lounge.

---

When the sun sets, this chic, Miami South Beach style club lights up the night one evening on each cruise. Beyond a velvet-rope entry, the Retreat Pool becomes a world of alluring color and sophisticated sound. Everything glows with excitement — even the furniture! Listen to our smooth DJ's mellow beats over a state-of-the-art audio system, and enjoy the poolside entertainment. Sip stellar cocktails served at the onsite bar, or request VIP bottle service in a cabana. And look forward to a friendly welcome in the coolest scene at sea.

Edited by caribill

It's an outdoor party around a pool.

No matter what Princess calls it, a party around a pool is not a lounge.

---

When the sun sets, this chic, Miami South Beach style club lights up the night one evening on each cruise. Beyond a velvet-rope entry, the Retreat Pool becomes a world of alluring color and sophisticated sound. Everything glows with excitement — even the furniture! Listen to our smooth DJ's mellow beats over a state-of-the-art audio system, and enjoy the poolside entertainment. Sip stellar cocktails served at the onsite bar, or request VIP bottle service in a cabana. And look forward to a friendly welcome in the coolest scene at sea.

Does not sound like a party to me.

There are many places that have bars with parties on rooftops which isn't much different than on a deck of a ship. It just isn't for the demographics that includes DW and me. If they can generate more on board revenue it will help keep fares down for us ;)

Edited by IECalCruiser

There are many places that have bars with parties on rooftops which isn't much different than on a deck of a ship. It just isn't for the demographics that includes DW and me. If they can generate more on board revenue it will help keep fares down for us ;)

Agree. Been reading about this and it seems like something to try to see if it flies. Princess has a rep of having a mature clientele, and if this helps attract a younger (think 20's-30's) demographic, great! Keep the prices down for the rest of us. It's on a 7 day Caribbean cruise, its only one nite, & they're marketing it as an exclusive velvet rope venue, private cabanas, etc - all of which is going to appeal to them, especially first timers. I do think there would be more incentive however, if they offered a drink ticket with the entrance fee, it would cost them virtually nothing. If the music was good, I might even go and I just turned a young 60!

Agree. Been reading about this and it seems like something to try to see if it flies. Princess has a rep of having a mature clientele, and if this helps attract a younger (think 20's-30's) demographic, great! Keep the prices down for the rest of us.

Interesting perspective. I hadn't thought of it that way. It also might keep all those whipper snappers confined in one area. ;):p:D

...I do think there would be more incentive however, if they offered a drink ticket with the entrance fee, it would cost them virtually nothing. If the music was good, I might even go and I just turned a young 60!
With the All Inclusive Drink Package that might be an issue. During the ill-fated Alfrdeo's $10 cover charge experiment on the Regal earlier this year a glass of wine or other beverage was included with the cover charge. It was reported that the cover was waived for those with the AIBP. That could mean everyone with the AIBP would get into the Night Sky Lounge for free. Of course they could deal with that by having a special drink menu there with all drinks costing more than $10 ;)

Edited by IECalCruiser