Celebrity rep at Miami International

ashipper

We are cruising on the Eclipse 23rd November.

We are flying from the UK to Miami International. Overnight in Miami

Does anybody know if we will be met at the airport by a Celebrity rep.

The reason I ask is that when we cruised with RCCL we were not met at the airport but told to make our way by courtesy hotel transport direct to overnight hotel.

Many thanks for your replies.

The reason I ask is that when we cruised with RCCL we were not met at the airport but told to make our way by courtesy hotel transport direct to overnight hotel.

You will NOT be met unless you have purchased a Celebrity package that includes transportation to the hotel.

Hi Orator, thanks for the reply.

We have booked with a UK travel agent that books direct with celebrity. It includes Hotel, both before and after cruise. I have contacted the agent who has confirmed that transportation is included but said that she expected that a Rep would meet us at the airport.

Just wondered if anybody has experience of Miami airport and Celebrity rep.

Many thanks

Hi Orator, thanks for the reply.

We have booked with a UK travel agent that books direct with celebrity. It includes Hotel, both before and after cruise. I have contacted the agent who has confirmed that transportation is included but said that she expected that a Rep would meet us at the airport.

Just wondered if anybody has experience of Miami airport and Celebrity rep.

Many thanks

Someone should be there to meet you with your package. I've not been met in Miami, but many times in other ports. A Representative will meet you probably after you leave Customs and Immigration. They will be wearing a uniform and a Celebrity badge. They will be holding a sign with your name. They also tend to carry a clip board. Just check to make sure of the meeting point. Your Travel Agent should be able to get that information for you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Orator

If you can't find a person right at your exit, there is a Celebrity counter on the very end (away from baggage claim). You can ask for cruise area to get in right direction. We went last april. Don't know if anything has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are welcome. There was an individual counter for each of the major cruise lines. The Celebrity one was located at the far end right near a glass wall with an exit. We had not pre booked anything, but the service was amazing and we are using the shuttle service from Heathrow to Southampton i October.

As you appear to be British... Do you have any insight of the Celebrity shuttle from Heathrow to Southampton? This will be our daughters first cruise, and i am trying to figure out if its possible to mount our carseat? I have received many different answers from celebrity :P

We did this earlier in the year. We were expecting there to be a rep, easily visible once we had collected luggage, etc. There wasn't. We followed signs to, I think it was the equivalent of taxis or something, and there was a rep with a X board just before the exit. We explained who we were and that there should be transportation waiting for us and she vaguely pointed us in the right direction. Wasn't interested. I was not impressed. Eventually we found our driver, and to our delight discovered that they'd sent a limousine with full use of the facilities, instead of an ordinary sedan! Our driver was great and gave us a running commentary on the area on the way to our hotel. Enjoy your cruise.

What hotel are you staying at?

When we flew into Miami last year on a Celebrity cruise we had one night in a hotel. The hotel had a free shuttle bus that ran every 20 minutes. We just got on that.

We printed off the details and the details and times we were to be picked up the next morning to be taken to the ship.

You might want to ask this on the roll call for your sailing. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1826990

Hi Mistymya,

I have been looking for the Celebrity shuttle from Heathrow to Southampton.

As far as I can see there doesn't seem to be one.

Have a look at this link

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_southampton.htm

Heathrow

Southampton is approx 65 miles.

I would imagine that a coach would be provided by Celebrity if you booked transportation.

Celebrity do not seem to pass out much information.

Hope this helps.

Hi jonsmum,

Thank you for the reply.

This is exactly what happened with Royal Caribbean.

Seems like I have a few options, try finding Celebrity desk or making way to exit and boarding courtesy bus. They do not make it easy with all those cases.

Many thanks

Hi walesforever,

We have been informed that we are staying overnight at Hilton Miami airport.

What worries me, if no reps are present and there is a hotel change.

Hopefully this will not happen.

Do they give you a contact number for Celebrity. As we are arriving after 6pm the cruise desk might be closed.

Many thanks

Hi Mistymya,

I have been looking for the Celebrity shuttle from Heathrow to Southampton.

As far as I can see there doesn't seem to be one.

Have a look at this link

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/heathrow_southampton.htm

Heathrow

Southampton is approx 65 miles.

I would imagine that a coach would be provided by Celebrity if you booked transportation.

Celebrity do not seem to pass out much information.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing, Ashipper.

I think a swedish rep that is helping me, might figure it out, but maybe i will just bring the carseat and demand a solution. They don't selen to be Good at figuring things out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will be met, I am certain. We always have been and she was still waiting for us the time we were detained for 2 3/4 hrs by Immigration. Within minutes we were in a van to ourselves and on our way to our hotel.

Hi Flacruiser99.

I have not joined the roll call yet.

I have been on a few cruise but never booked for meet and mingle. perhaps I should.

I think your right should have asked there first.

Many thanks for your help.

Hi there,

We are also on the same cruise as you and on the roll call, if you havent already done so drop by on there and say hello, there are lots of tours ideas etc at the various ports to give you some options if you need them.

We have transfers booked to our hotel booked through our travel agent so will have a rep from the car company picking us up as I suspect you will if you have transport arranged, and if your hotel if also booked and confirmed then there is no reason for your hotel to change either.

Which airline are you on and when do you fly out.

Hi

Has your travel agent booked this package directly with Celebrity? If not then you won't get meet and greet. Normally when we cruise with Celebrity you stay at the Sheraton, normally the UK passenger option. Maybe best to double check with your travel agent on this. There will be a regular courtesy bus running if you aren't met.

Have a good cruise. Celebrity and the Eclipse are great.

Edited by tupian

You will NOT be met unless you have purchased a Celebrity package that includes transportation to the hotel.

Hi

Has your travel agent booked this package directly with Celebrity? If not then you won't get meet and greet. Normally when we cruise with Celebrity you stay at the Sheraton, normally the UK passenger option. Maybe best to double check with your travel agent on this. There will be a regular courtesy bus running if you aren't met.

Have a good cruise. Celebrity and the Eclipse are great.

Hi Project gal, Many thanks.

Seems to pot luck if a rep is present.

If necessary I will make my own way to Hotel.

Thank you Tupian, I found the hotel info when I logged into my cruises.

Just checked again and all pre cruise info has disappeared.

I will contact my travel agent nearer the cruise to get more accurate info.

Thanks Triock, I will register on the Roll call later this week.

Many many thanks for all your help.

Hi Project gal, Many thanks.

Seems to pot luck if a rep is present.

If necessary I will make my own way to Hotel.

Thank you Tupian, I found the hotel info when I logged into my cruises.

Just checked again and all pre cruise info has disappeared.

I will contact my travel agent nearer the cruise to get more accurate info.

Thanks Triock, I will register on the Roll call later this week.

Many many thanks for all your help.

Apologies, I had assumed that you purchased cruise, flights and hotels through Celebrity. [it was late, I was tired!] You will only get transfers and, thus, the meet and greet if all three are booked with Celebrity and not if you or your travel agents has made independent arrangements.

If you do not know how the hotels and flights were booked, you should find out from your travel agent. It could be important to know if there are any issues.

Hi Project Gal,

I have spoken with my TA and they are a Celebrity agent, everything has been booked direct with Celebrity.

When I get with in a few weeks of the cruise I will confirm Hotel details and pick up details.

I will get email conformation and contact numbers for Celebrity in Miami, in case nobody visable at Miami Intl. Hopefully I would have all eventualities covered.

Can't thank you all enough for your help.

Happy cruising.

Hi Project Gal,

I have spoken with my TA and they are a Celebrity agent, everything has been booked direct with Celebrity.

When I get with in a few weeks of the cruise I will confirm Hotel details and pick up details.

I will get email conformation and contact numbers for Celebrity in Miami, in case nobody visable at Miami Intl. Hopefully I would have all eventualities covered.

Can't thank you all enough for your help.

Happy cruising.

In that case you will receive vouchers in your eDocs for both your transfers and your hotel. Make sure that you print these. The eDocs will include emergency contact details for when you are travelling. [sorry, cannot remember if these details are on the vouchers or separate to them. You may have to print them off as well.] The Celebrity/Royal Caribbean rep will be close to where you exit Customs. I doubt that you will miss her/him.

Have a great cruise.

Don't want to labour the point, but we had everything booked through Celebrity, and yet still received less than acceptable service from the rep at Miami. My advice - don't pin your hopes on the rep being easily visible or helpful! I sincerely hope that our experience was simply the result of her having a bad day at the office, and not the norm.