christmas decorations

joeyancho

I've only sailed once after your thanksgiving. It was a 30 day south America cruise. the ship was decorated beautifully but that was it. there was nothing else festive and I got off December 23. after that I said I wouldn't sail that time of year again as I missed all the build up to Christmas.

in retrospect it may just have been that ship. as we know they all do things differently but I'm not willing to risk missing out again. rumour had it they didn't want to offend the folks who don't celebrate. I wanted to go to the kitchen and ask if I could bake gingerbread! (and I'd sing carols while doing so!)

I've only sailed once after your thanksgiving. It was a 30 day south America cruise. the ship was decorated beautifully but that was it. there was nothing else festive and I got off December 23. after that I said I wouldn't sail that time of year again as I missed all the build up to Christmas.

in retrospect it may just have been that ship. as we know they all do things differently but I'm not willing to risk missing out again. rumour had it they didn't want to offend the folks who don't celebrate. I wanted to go to the kitchen and ask if I could bake gingerbread! (and I'd sing carols while doing so!)

We have sailed several times from Thanksgiving to the New Years. Usually the decorations go up the weekend after Thanksgiving.

We did a 10 day cruise December 16-26 one year to Mexico. It was funny but I enjoyed it as we missed all the "shopping frenzy" that we had at home (crazy stores, parking lots filled, long lines, crazy drivers).

They will do snow the month of December but the Christmas caroling and other Christmas activities happen on only the cruise that covers Christmas. We have cruised the week before and caroling and gingerbread contests only happen on Christmas cruises.

Edited by Coral

We always sail the Hawaii itinerary the first two weeks of December. The ship is always beautifully decorated -- particularly the atrium area. Christmas carols are also playing over the loudspeaker. I do miss some of the stuff at home but I always really enjoy sailing that time of year. We have a small artificial tree in our cabin -- with the mini lights installed and plug it in occasionally. And I usually bring eggnog and hot chocolate on board with me -- all the better to enjoy the decorations.

We have sailed several times at Christmas and the week before. Christmas cruises are special--and they go all out for them with carolers dressed in Victorian garb during embarkation, snow in the atrium, Santa, special theatrical productions, gingerbread houses, eggnog, dinner menus, etc. The week before Christmas, the ship will be decorated, but you don't get anything special.

We have sailed several times at Christmas and the week before. Christmas cruises are special--and they go all out for them with carolers dressed in Victorian garb during embarkation, snow in the atrium, Santa, special theatrical productions, gingerbread houses, eggnog, dinner menus, etc. The week before Christmas, the ship will be decorated, but you don't get anything special.[/quote]

except lots and lots of kids. :D

Yes, there will still be lots of kids on board anytime around the holidays. A lot depends on the date you sail. We've taken cruises that started in mid December--on the 14th and 17th--when there did not seem to be as many. The Christmas ones definitely have more. The good thing about most Princess ships is that there are plenty of quiet areas to get away from them, including the adults-only pool areas. Princess also hires extra staff for the children's clubs during this time of year to keep them occupied. The only time we had a problem with children was on the Sun Princess. At the time, the adults-only pool was right beside the other pool. I don't know if it's still that way.

Edited by geoherb