--> My View of the Vision <--

Aquahound

I sailed with you on the vision this past weekend, and I can honestly say I was underwhelmed with Royal. I am so excited to be back on Carnival in October. We had not sailed with Royal for about 12 years. I expected to be impressed in positive way but was disappointed instead. I do agree that the ship was clean and well maintained! Had to ask the cabin steward three times for an ice bucket and one evening we came back after dinner before the show and I laid down bc I had a headache and imagine my surprise when he walked right in the cabin without knocking. I imagine he probably had just left and didn't see us come down the hall so he assumed it was still empty but I don't know who was more surprised him or us. Lol. The food was fair. My prime rib the first night was tough and bland, the cabin steward, and waiters in the dining room never learned or used our names, we could never find a bartender around the pool deck or before the shows to order drinks, the windjammer was small with very little selections and most annoying was that they were constantly picking on carnival. The comedians were funny and you do kind of expect that but worst of all was the cruise director!! I can honestly say I have never heard carnival or ncl degrade another cruiseline. Seemed a Little low class to me. I did love the entertainment on royal. We only had the dancers one night and we did enjoy the comedian, juggler, and singer the rest of the nights. I missed the love and marriage show, only got two towel animals and seeing the waiters sing in the dining room. Also, I had designated when I booked that the day we boarded was my hubby's 40th and they never sang or even mentioned it. Overall it was a very nice cruise and we had an awesome time, but it definitely did not live up to my expectations. I also felt like our waiter spent way to much time trying to prep us for the survey. He kept saying only a 10 will do, what would you like me to do to ensure that your experience is a 10. There are things that I like and dislike about all of the cruises I have been on but in my opinion the food and service on carnival far exceeded what we experienced his weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kellyx3

Kelly, sorry you didn't enjoy the cruise.

Lol...I just knew someone would be offended at the Carnival jokes. Funny thing...I told my wife it was more likely some people would be offended at jokes about another corporation than they would at jokes about race, etc. :D

most annoying was that they were constantly picking on carnival. The comedians were funny and you do kind of expect that but worst of all was the cruise director!! I can honestly say I have never heard carnival or ncl degrade another cruiseline. Seemed a Little low class to me.

I've heard comedians make fun of other cruise lines on every cruise line I've sailed - which is just about all of them. But I will admit - Carnival does seem to get made fun of the most. But that's probably because they're the easiest to make fun of. When a ship breaks down for days and passengers have to use biobags as the restroom, it's kinda hard for a comedian to ignore that. If people are that easily offended, they shouldn't go to comedy shows.

I sailed with you on the vision this past weekend, and I can honestly say I was underwhelmed with Royal. I am so excited to be back on Carnival in October. We had not sailed with Royal for about 12 years. I expected to be impressed in positive way but was disappointed instead. I do agree that the ship was clean and well maintained! Had to ask the cabin steward three times for an ice bucket and one evening we came back after dinner before the show and I laid down bc I had a headache and imagine my surprise when he walked right in the cabin without knocking. I imagine he probably had just left and didn't see us come down the hall so he assumed it was still empty but I don't know who was more surprised him or us. Lol. The food was fair. My prime rib the first night was tough and bland, the cabin steward, and waiters in the dining room never learned or used our names, we could never find a bartender around the pool deck or before the shows to order drinks, the windjammer was small with very little selections and most annoying was that they were constantly picking on carnival. The comedians were funny and you do kind of expect that but worst of all was the cruise director!! I can honestly say I have never heard carnival or ncl degrade another cruiseline. Seemed a Little low class to me. I did love the entertainment on royal. We only had the dancers one night and we did enjoy the comedian, juggler, and singer the rest of the nights. I missed the love and marriage show, only got two towel animals and seeing the waiters sing in the dining room. Also, I had designated when I booked that the day we boarded was my hubby's 40th and they never sang or even mentioned it. Overall it was a very nice cruise and we had an awesome time, but it definitely did not live up to my expectations. I also felt like our waiter spent way to much time trying to prep us for the survey. He kept saying only a 10 will do, what would you like me to do to ensure that your experience is a 10. There are things that I like and dislike about all of the cruises I have been on but in my opinion the food and service on carnival far exceeded what we experienced his weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well the food on RCI is not the best I agree. Myself being on so many RCi cruises I have come to accept it.....Kinda like my mother-in-law's horrible bland meat loaf.....I used to eat it as not to hurt her feelings...over the years I now eat it because I am used to it and it's tradition.

Sadly youll always win the argument about the food on RCI... it just isn't great or awesome.

But really have you been to the grocery store lately? OMg! The prices have sky rocketed 25 to 40 percent in five years while the base price of cruising has dropped or at least the prices fluctuate widely. Considering food costs....It is amazing RCI does what it does in the MDR.

VOS met and exceeded all my expectations!

Years ago we went on two Carnival cruises a 5 day and 7 day.....Had a great time....Loved it! Now after so many RCI cruise.....like the meat loaf....we have come to know and love RCI's culture/brand and honestly we are afraid to venture back to Carnival.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

The Cruise Director has ONE joke he said's about the turning back the clock an hour, that you can thank Carnival for that. I don't feel this would be constantly! You are also wrong since I have been on a Carnival ship that the Cruise Director did may numerous jokes about Royal. It was funny and many people laughed that is what it's all about.

The Cruise Director has ONE joke he said's about the turning back the clock an hour, that you can thank Carnival for that. I don't feel this would be constantly!

That was the only joke I heard from the CD as well. When we changed the clocks an hour back, gaining an hour, he said it was courtesy of RCI, but when we had to turn them back forward, losing the hour, it was courtesy of Carnival.

That was NOTHING compared to the comedian's jokes about Carnival....all of which were hilarious by the way. :D

I feel the same way about Royal that the previous poster feels about Carnival. While I admit Royal's food is nothing to write home about, my food and service experience on the Splendor in June was the worst of all my cruises! And that's quite a few. Even worse than the previous cruise that held that spot, the NCL Dawn. The food was awful everywhere. The buffet and the MDR. Our waiters were pretty much disinterested in any interaction with us besides serving our food. And I can certainly do without singing waiters EVERY night. The occasional Ol Sol O Mio on Italian night on RCCL is plenty.

I've never had a problem getting a bar server on RCCL. Certainly not in the shows. They're everywhere there. On Carnival, I commented more than once that I was surprised there weren't more bar servers visible, especially by the pool. I often had to get up to get my own drinks. That was true of both the Splendor in June and the Breeze in November.

Entertainment is FAR superior on RCCL. And honestly, Carnival is an easy target for the comedian's jokes. Bottom line is it's different strokes for different folks, but for me, the Royal experience is far superior to Carnival in almost all aspects and I'm very much looking forward to my Vision cruise in 11 days. :D

Edited by yj2cute