Alaska questions ( mostly Seward )

purplemusik

I also posted this in the Alaska thread but I thought I'd check here incase any of you wonderful NCL people knew the answers :)

We are booked on NCL in June and we will disembark in Seward. We have the Seavey's tour planned that day and it says it will drop us off at the train station at about 5:30pm after the tour. So here are my quetions:

1) Will the cruise line drop our luggage off at the train station to be held for our later train ride ( Seavey's said each cruise line is different )

2) How long is the train to Anchorage? We aren't sure what time we should book our plane.

3) Do we book the train through the cruise line or seperate?

4) What transportation do we need from the train to the airport?

We are doing the same thing next May for our cruise. Did you book your post-cruise excursion through the ship? If you did not then I do not believe they will drop your luggage off anywhere and it will be up to you to lug it around.

The train ride is about 4 hours. I would suggest booking your flight late in the evening. We are flying back to Florida and are looking at a 2am flight (that is if, we decide not to stay in Anchorage for the night). After the train ride, you will need to get in a taxi to the airport, from what I understand it's about 15 minutes and $25. fare.

We are doing the same thing next May for our cruise. Did you book your post-cruise excursion through the ship? If you did not then I do not believe they will drop your luggage off anywhere and it will be up to you to lug it around.

The train ride is about 4 hours. I would suggest booking your flight late in the evening. We are flying back to Florida and are looking at a 2am flight (that is if, we decide not to stay in Anchorage for the night). After the train ride, you will need to get in a taxi to the airport, from what I understand it's about 15 minutes and $25. fare.

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm so glad I got this information because I wasn't sure when to get the flight back to Florida for myself ( I was a bit freaked out when it said 12+ hour flight but then I realized that was with layovers and time change ). I didn't like that a lot of the flights were like an hour flight then like a 6+ hour layover- yikes!