Currently on board Oasis - transatlantic.

The Solarium Bistro will stay the Solarium Bistro. There was some talk about changing it to Samba but they decided against it. This information was from the Captain at the Meal with an Officer Luncheon yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sad to see that SAMBA Grill isn't going to be added to the Oasis, I really enjoyed it on the Allure.

Wondering what else we might see on the Oasis in the next few weeks.

Maybe the dream about Rita's Cantina going in place of the Seafood Shack could happen?

The inaugural Oasis transatlantic. Couldn't think of a better, more equipped ship to do this crossing. Wow what a journey we are having! Have had mill pond conditions, warm sunny days and sultry evenings. Our first Grand Suite experience, what a way to go ;). Would recommend to everyone to do this at least once in a lifetime. Arriving in Malaga in 2 days.

How is the entertainment both during the day and in the evening?

I'm very excited to experience the changes on the sailing back to lauderdale. Fingers crossed we get great weather and seas like your guys are having now.

UNV-IT, I can't wait to hear all about it.

Jealous, and not afraid to admit it.

UNV-IT, and we hope that you give us a report as we are waiting for what the true changes are.

UNV-IT, I can't wait to hear all about it.

Jealous, and not afraid to admit it.

I'll take plenty of pics of the new changes. I'm just hoping the physical changes are enough to really notice and I'm not let down by my excitement and expectations.

We are taking the Allure TA next spring and was wondering what type of activities the Oasis TA was having.

I think the shows are Hairspray(?), Aqua show, Ice show, Blue Planet, a headliner show (guest entertainer) and stand up comedy on a regular 7 day cruise. So what are the other daily evening shows?

What type of activities are during the day? Lectures? Movies? Crafts?

Our transatlantic is 12 days and was wondering how to fill the days (eating :), gym, reading ?)

thank you!!!!

were the Freestyle Coke Machines operational during the TA? I know they only operate on ships that travel year round out of the US, so wasn't sure it they would disable them for the time they are in Europe or not.

I am on the TA of Allure next spring and it is a question I am curious to have the answer to.

thanks!

How was the internet on the Westbound travel? I am on the Eastbound TA and am trying to decide what package to get.

Any info would be appreciated!

Current speeds on Oasis are

.25 mbps download average

.30-50 upload speeds.

These are fine for basic Skype calls and basic internet. Videos on YouTube or facebook, painful.

Oasis TA internet package eastbound was as follows.

Full 12 night $275 coupon diamond price $245

7 day special $140 coupon $110

24 hr straight $50 coupon $20

60 mins $20. Free for diamond

Coupon is for diamond and diamond plus. Not sure of lower,

These are all single device, no multiple device offered.

Edited by Bosjoe

were the Freestyle Coke Machines operational during the TA? I know they only operate on ships that travel year round out of the US, so wasn't sure it they would disable them for the time they are in Europe or not.

I am on the TA of Allure next spring and it is a question I am curious to have the answer to.

thanks!

We were also on the Oasis crossing that left Fort Lauderdale Sep 1. Freestyle coke machines were onboard and worked just fine.

We talked to the Food & Beverage manager at the D+/Pinnacle officers lunch and he mentioned that Izumi was going to be moved from deck 16 to deck 4 someplace near the dining room and that the Windjammer was going to be expanded into the Izumi space. He also said the Seafood Shack was going to be replaced by Sabor, an upscale Mexican restaurant that's currently on the Navigator.

From the Royal Caribbean website...

Sabor - in Spanish, it means flavor. But here, it's that and so much more. A feast - or shall we say fiesta - for the eyes. A vibrant dance across the plate and palate. A long heritage of fresh, simple ingredients, reimagined in full bloom.

We ate at Sabor on the Navigator and were very impressed. It's a cover charge restaurant similar to Chop's or Giovanni's. On the Navigator, I think the price was $25 per person.

Tim

We were also on the Oasis crossing that left Fort Lauderdale Sep 1. Freestyle coke machines were onboard and worked just fine.

We talked to the Food & Beverage manager at the D+/Pinnacle officers lunch and he mentioned that Izumi was going to be moved from deck 16 to deck 4 someplace near the dining room and that the Windjammer was going to be expanded into the Izumi space. He also said the Seafood Shack was going to be replaced by Sabor, an upscale Mexican restaurant that's currently on the Navigator.

Sabor - in Spanish, it means flavor. But here, it's that and so much more. A feast - or shall we say fiesta - for the eyes. A vibrant dance across the plate and palate. A long heritage of fresh, simple ingredients, reimagined in full bloom.

We ate at Sabor on the Navigator and were very impressed. It's a cover charge restaurant similar to Chop's or Giovanni's. On the Navigator, I think the price was $25 per person.

Tim

I hope this is indeed true.

Tim

Thanks for the info Tim, those would be very positive changes in my book! I wonder if the space near the dining room they referenced is one of those little sattelite / spill over dining rooms off to the side. The size seems about right?

Edited by Dave85

Tim

Thanks for the response. My DH, who doesn't care for Mexican, saw the menu for Sabor on a Navigator review and thought he might like to try it. Now we just need to book a ship that has it. ;)

Edited by Sassy19305

I'm very excited to experience the changes on the sailing back to lauderdale. Fingers crossed we get great weather and seas like your guys are having now.

Any plans to log in during your trip? I'm hearing some reports now of work being completed on the trip back. Should make for interesting reports.

thanks!

Excellent question!

thanks!

Excellent question!
From post nbr 37...

Tim