Embarkation - Port Arrival Time Question

MellieInWI

Hi all -

We have two reservations (family of six with two adjoining rooms) for an upcoming Disney cruise. The online check-in was completed at different times for each reservation, and now we have different port arrival times -- 11:00am and a 12:15pm. We are taking the Disney shuttle from MCO to get to the port.

Are we going to need to split up and take two different shuttles? Is one set of us going to have to wait at the pier? Should we all take an 11-ish shuttle and arrive for the 12:15 port arrival time? What is the most efficient way to handle this situation?

Thanks!

Hi all -

We have two reservations (family of six with two adjoining rooms) for an upcoming Disney cruise. The online check-in was completed at different times for each reservation, and now we have different port arrival times -- 11:00am and a 12:15pm. We are taking the Disney shuttle from MCO to get to the port.

Are we going to need to split up and take two different shuttles? Is one set of us going to have to wait at the pier? Should we all take an 11-ish shuttle and arrive for the 12:15 port arrival time? What is the most efficient way to handle this situation?

Thanks!

No, you can both get on the same shuttle. I will point out, however, that the actual boarding number you get at the port at checkin is tied to your Port Arrival Time. Your earlier PAT will most likely get a lower number than your later PAT. For groups that have different boarding numbers, and wish to board together, DCL requests that you wait and board when the highest number is called.

Of course, this may be moot. It depends on what time your flight(s) get into MCO what bus you will be on and when you arrive at the port.

Thank you for such a fast reply.

We are arriving the day before at staying at the MCO Hyatt, so I'm pretty sure the kids will be itching to get on the first bus to the port that morning.

So if we get different boarding numbers once we arrive at port, we can all board at the same time with whatever the latest boarding number is…is that what I'm understanding?

Thank you for such a fast reply.

We are arriving the day before at staying at the MCO Hyatt, so I'm pretty sure the kids will be itching to get on the first bus to the port that morning.

So if we get different boarding numbers once we arrive at port, we can all board at the same time with whatever the latest boarding number is…is that what I'm understanding?

That's correct.

I will point out that boarding doesn't actually begin until 11:15-11:30 with Concierge boarding first followed by Platinum Castaway Club members. Then the boarding numbers are announced (roughly every 5-10 minutes). Once the number being announced for boarding catches up with the number being issued at checkin, Open Boarding is announced (anyone holding any boarding number can board). This typically happens around 12:45-1:00.

Regardless of what time you actually arrive at the port and check in you will receive the same boarding number since it's tied to your PAT.

If you all just catch a bus around 11:00 (maybe head down to the check in desk for the DCL bus around 10:30), you'll arrive at the port around 12:00. Once everyone checks in, it's likely that the boarding number for your later group is real close to being called, or Open Boarding isn't far away.

Edited by Shmoo here