Allure-Which specialty restaurant would you recommend?

wendyatpml

I've never done Giovanni's but my DW and I did Samba grill and it was nice at night in the Solarium plus the view of being able to look out over the water was nice and the service was excellent.

Since you mentioned these two I thought I'd comment. We will probably never go Giovani's. It has enough good well written reviews to say this is probably a great choice for most people. But as weigh loss surgery patients, its too much food for us. Samba was a very good choice for us with its lower cost and our ability to not over indulge. The bad thing many people say about Samba is its nothing like the Brazilian steak houses back home, which may be true, but it worked great for us and I liked the concept and the atmosphere at least on Allure.

Samba's is our favorite!

Chilled Boiled Shrimp already peeled for me!

DSCN0476_zps08885153.jpg

The best little cheese rolls at Sea!

DSCN0473_zps797aa6d5.jpg

DSCN0474_zps3aba249c.jpg

A gigantic Sallad bar that is a meal in itself!

A Great Variety of Meats served at your table! (It not cooked to the doneness you like, ask and they will cook it just for you)

Edited by Trainman-2

We liked samba and chops best each time we've been on an oasis class ship we like to go to them. Chops is great if you are a steak person. Samba's has all minds of meats and they carve them at your table I would just suggest skipping lunch so you are very hungry for dinner because you get a lot of food. Enjoy your trip and specialty dining

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did Samba. It was just okay. We much preferred Giovanni's when we tried it on GR. And we're doing Giovanni's again in Nov because we loved it so much. Our favorite so far out of the specialty's we've tried.

Our vote is for Samba's. It is a churrascaria (steakhouse) from Brazil. It was a very nice experience and it was a lot quality food!

Chops when we sailed was dark and we were only 2, so we were put on a wall along with 5 or 6 other tables for 2 in a line. We talked to our next table 'mates' as we were so close.

In Samba, when we went, sat at a table for 2, but not in a row and thus had our space.

Giovanni's Table was okay. Don't recall anything that wowed us, but do not recall any negatives.

Our best was Chef's Table. Expensive, but it was great! The wine was paired with the dinner course and the wine flowed. We had 12 people on our night and the Chef was very informative and the food excellent . Small portions though.

Our worst, our opinion, was 150 Central Park. High priced, small portions, over the top service that overshadowed the food.

Edited by shipshape sam