Dawn out of NO in Dec.

Monalis

Does anyone know what is going on in Dec with the Dawn out of New Orleans? Prices have more than doubled since we booked back in June (a guarantee inside is over a $100 more than we paid for our Balcony (BC) . The balconies and ocean views are sold out, or nearly sold out on both the 7th and the 14th (ours) sailings. Heck for the past month it would have been cheaper for us to sail during Christmas than the week before.

We normally cruise the 1st week of Dec and have never seen prices jump or a ships this full before final payment. We are just wondering if there is something we should know of or plan for before we get onboard.

It seems odd... I haven't seen it many times where the mini suites are actually cheaper than regular balconies before, but they are on the cruise for the 14th of December ... I wonder if things will adjust once you have passed final payment date.

It seems odd... I haven't seen it many times where the mini suites are actually cheaper than regular balconies before, but they are on the cruise for the 14th of December ... I wonder if things will adjust once you have passed final payment date.

Yup, it was quite strange but the funny thing, (at least this morning) if you try to book a balcony or oceanview it tells you they are sold out. I am quite pleased with what we paid, but was hoping to upgrade my sister's family from an inside to an ocean view.... but who knows at this time. We'll see as final payment passes and we get closer to sailing.

The same for sailing out of Tampa this winter. We booked out mini 3 months ago (actually got 3 dinners each also). Our friends book last week and they paid almost $1000 more for a cabin 20 feet away from us LOL

Looking at the Dawn deck plan most of the Minis are below the Pool or some other noisy area. We decided that a balcony on deck 10 was a better location and booked a balcony instead of the mini suite others may have thought the same.

To the OP we are on the Dawn in February and noticed shortly after we booked the price was much higher than sailing the week before or after. A little google search showed a Celtic Music group booked on the Dawn that week you might want to look and see if you have a large group onboard.