Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Hi there everybody - I'm determined to lose 20 lbs. before I cruise on the 20th of January. I was on WW 2 years ago and lost 30 lbs. (down to 128), but had gained back 19 lbs. (147)! I started going heavy duty last week and lost 4, then gained 2 back on the week-end! Anyway I'm down to 145 and would love to get down to high 120's (I'm only 5'2"). Looked at my cruise photos from last August, and felt I looked a little heavy then - Now I'm about 12 lbs. heavier!

I run 30 minutes on the treadmill every morning, and have just started interval running on it last night for another 30 minutes. I also follow the WW program - I like it because it's just good old fashion healthy eating! (I do need to go and get a new cookbook though - getting tired of the same old recipes).

Anyone want to join me with weekly weigh-ins/pep-talks?

Kim.

Hi Kim,

I am wanting to lose 10-15 lbs for our Feb '06 cruise. I am also 5'2' and weigh 152 right now. I have down WW off & on so I am ready to go again. Let me know when you want to check in and how we want to work this. We can e-mail too if that would be simpler. It might depend on how many others are interested. For now, Let's GIT R DONE!!

Chris

Hello! I just started WW on Saturday and I'm really liking it. I need to lose 20 lbs. also. I did something sort of like WW and lost 40 lbs. I then switched to South Beach and lost another 10 lbs. However, I can't keep that 10 lbs off. So I decided to bite the bullet and join WW online. I need more structure. I like that fact that I can eat whatever I want within my points range. I find that I'm actually eating healthier. I'm 5'5" and my first weigh-in on Sat., I weighed 160.

Hi gang. I've lost almost 100 pounds on WW. I love the program. I am lifetime now, but want to lose a few more pounds. I'm 5'3 and 132, but I am very small boned. I am 39 so I don't expect to be 115, just maybe 125 to 128. The key to WW is to journal everything you eat, even the bad things. Of course I'm not that great at that, but I was when I was losing. Exercise has helped me too. From the time I began WW I started going to the gym, even though I was huge and had a hard time moving around. I went form a size 20 to a size 6. If you all want any suggestions, feel free to e-mail me at jessicahphillips@hotmail.com I love helping people. I also work as a receptionist at WW which helps me be accountable. Good luck to you all.

Hi Everyone, this is great! I know we're all going to want to shop for new bathing suits before we go - we're going to look that good!!

Hi Chris - I weighed in today (down 3 lbs total for the week to 144!) Lets see if we can pick a day to officially weigh in that's good for everyone - any feedback? I weigh in on Wednesday, 'cause it seems to be the best "weight" day for me - but I'm open to anytime, as long as we all try to keep motivated letting everyone know how we did once a week.

Hi Sheila - That's great that you have started the program! It's so true with WW - it really is about healthy eating - I never feel that I'm missing out on anything - because you can have anything within reason! Let us know if Saturday is going to be your weigh in day - we can always do the weekly weigh-in then.

Hi Jessica - I'm sure your a great inspiration for people just joining your WW! Almost 100 lbs is definitely no small feat!! Congratulations! I too am small boned, and at 45 years old - I know that I'll never be 115 again either. The last time I lost I was down to 128, and people were starting to say I was starting to look a little too skinny, (wish I had that problem now!) so I'm shooting for around the 130 mark.

Here's a tip for everyone that has always worked for me - I feel that writing down everything I eat with the point value every day is a very important part of success, I have found if I try to sort of calculate in my head as I eat I don't lose, but the minute I start actually writing it down - the lbs. start coming off - even if I'm a little "over" on the ocassional day! I also do cardio every day (I've had 2 kids, and the tummy just never seems to go away no matter what I do, unless I lose weight with WW and cardio). I don't think all of the crunches in the world does the same for my tummy as good old fashion weight loss! So I'm on the treadmill every day for 30 minutes, not too fond of the actual running part, but love the way I feel when it's all over (I find it's great for the complexion as well - must be all that increased blood flow)!

If anyone would like to email me as well my address is curtishayesphotography@rogers.com.

I know we're all going to achieve our goals!!

Kim.

Kim ~ Thanks for the tips. I track everything I put into my mouth with the online points tracker...even stuff that has "0" points. Helps me stay the course! We have our official LBYC weigh-ins on Thursdays, but my WW weigh-in is on Saturday. It doesn't matter what day you choose for us to weigh-in because I weigh almost every day. (I know, it's not good.) :o

Hi Sheila,

Maybe we can try for a Thursday weigh-in then...is that o.k. with everyone?

I weigh myself everyday as well - even though I know you aren't supposed to and it can drive you crazy - but whenever I'm "up" a lb. it really motivates me to be extra good the next day - I find it makes the grand total better at the end of the week!

I'm on holidays next week - wish me luck, I find it the hardest when I'm home - and it's DH & my wedding anniversary on Monday - going out to dinner. (I may not want to weigh myself for a day or two after that)!

Have a great week-end everyone!

Kim.

Hi everyone. My name is Dena. This Thursday will be my 4th week with WW. My husband has lost 15 pounds so far and I've lost a big 3.6. Why is it that men seem to lose twice as fast as women??????

Anyway, I would love to join your group. I need to lose a total of 30lbs by April 2006. I've lost 3.6 to date. I am 5 foot 135.6 pounds and would love to be 110 again.

Hi Dena, Welcome!

Men seem to be able to eat more before they gain as well! Really not fair.... congratulations on the weight you've lost so far - try not to compare yourself with your husband - when you weigh in with us we will all probably be on the same track, (except for me this week - I'm on holidays and "giving in" a little) - I'm gonna' wish us all luck with our weigh in tomorrow.

Kim.

My weigh in is tonight at 6:30. It's been hard this week. The state fair is in town and those funnel cakes are just calling my name.:rolleyes:

I found that it's easier to stick with my diet if I bring my lunch to work every day. I would usually go out to lunch with the gang promising myself that I would just have a salad but that never seems to work. There's always something that looks better on the menu. So I'm sticking with my Lean Cuisine lunches from now on. Also, these WW muffins are great for breakfast. One seems to hold me over until around 10:00 or so then I have a light snack before lunch.

Well I guess I will find out tonight during the weigh in. Hope everyone had a great week!!!:p

I weighed this morning and I am up 1/2 lb. I did start back exercising regularly this week so I'm hoping that's what it is. My clothes are not as tight also. I'll take lost inches over lost weight any day. I hope y'all do better than me.

Hi everyone - I weighed in today - exactly the same weight as last week - which means I have been on holidays, and have gained and then worked like crazy to lose it again for weigh in day, so at least I broke even!

I always have to remember as well - muscle weighs more then fat, so when you start exercising, I believe it's very common to not have it show on the scale, but with inches and the way your clothes fit, so congratulations on the inches lost! Your right - I love having a little more room in my clothes, I find that my tummy has shrunk a bit, which is really good news for me as that really is my "sore spot"!

Good luck with your weigh in tonight Dena! I too have to bring my lunch to work or end up cheating - the restaurant near my work isn't very health concience at all - so it's regular high fat salad dressing, etc. even if I try to be good and just watch everyone else with their fries!

Have a great week!

Kim.

Well I think everyone did a great job!!! 1/2lb isn't bad at all. I'm sure muscle plays a part in that. The big thing is that today is a different day, time to get back on track.

I weighed in last night and lost 2.2lbs for a total of 5.8 and I even had 1/2 funnel cake last Saturday. Boy those Lean Cuizines are a life saver. I got my bookmark last night...yeahhhhh. I am now down to 133.4, only 23.4 more pounds to go.

Maybe seeing all the young girls in their bikini's next April won't make me feel so bad this time. And I promise this time I won't have thoughts of killing them all....haha

Everyone is doing so well! I went to my Bunco party last night and ate everything I wanted. I used all but 8 of my weekly "extra" points. The good thing is I didn't feel guilty at all. This will be the first time I've ever used my extra points. Do y'all use yours?

Hi. My name is Janice and I too am a WW member. With a cruise just booked for March 2006 I'm re-committed to loosing some more weight. I'm currently a lifetime member (just barely) and weigh 147 (5'-5.5" tall). I'd like to loose 15 before March so I can eat and enjoy on the cruise and be comfortable gaining say 5 back. I just can't seem to stay focused on journaling. That seems to be the trick for me to loosing by writing everything down, but its so combersome. Any suggestions. When I lost the weight to get to goal, I was a WW online member and it made it some much easier just keying in what I ate and the website calculating the points. I just didn't want to pay for that this time.

Janice:confused:

I write everything down and calculate the points - I don't think there is any easy way to do it, but I find when I stay on top of it, the weight seems to come off! (I've never treid the online method - does anyone have any feedback on it - I'll try it if it seems to work a little easier).

I'm a lifetime member as well, but have been weighing in on my own 'cause I am over my goal weight right now.

Everyone is doing so great! I have well used my extra points this week being on holidays! (Chip wagon french fries yesterday!!) Next week I'm back at work, so will be back on track and "losin' for the cruise".

Dena, congrats on the 2.2 lbs! Have a great week everyone!!

Kim.

Kim--I have found the online method very easy to use for keeping track of points. Its pretty easy for me at work as I'm on the computer most of the day, but on the weekends I'm not as dedicated to using the online method, but still pretty good about loosing when I use it. I may just have to buck up and join online again since I've been trying to write everything down this past week, but haven't lost any (haven't gained though either--which is good since I went to a birthday party with pizza and cake--2 of my favorite things).

Well, its Monday and I have a good mind set again to be good and write all my food intake down. Here's to loosing! Good luck this week gals!

Janice:)

My dh and I are going the WW route, as well. Cruising on 20 January, as well. I would like to lose more like 40 pounds, but will be happy with 30! I know my DH will lose faster than I will - but at least we'll be on the same page nutritionally, and that is a big step.

I have never tried WW online - do you still go out to meetings, or do you just do it on the computer?

Melissa

I never write down what I eat. I tried at first but it didn't last long. I don't eat all day long though. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. I total up my points in my head and it seems to be working for me.

Archived