Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Hi Everyone,

Janice and Sheila - you guys are doing great! I had been down to 138 last weeks weigh in, but I'm ony 5'2", so shows more on me. It's mostly right at the mid-section. I'm with you Sheila, having kids have ruined any chance for having a completely flat tummy, I would like to have a "tuck" once I'm at my dream weight. Because it's mostly concentrated at the mid-section, I can hide it with clothes, so people tell me I'm looking fine as well - those people haven't seen me in a 2-piece bathing suit (nor would they want to - trust me)!

I hope you are both feeling better - I am fortunate not to have allergies, but I know quite a few people that do, and I know how miserable it can get!

My oldest moved out on her own yesterday - my husband and I helped her move, and had all three meals out - I started out well, at breakfast while my husband gulped down eggs/bacon/homefries, I had a fruit cup and brown toast. it did get progressively worse as we sat down to each meal, so after 1/2 hour on the treadmill in the morning and helping move boxes and furniture (up 2 flights of stairs), I went back on the treadmill for another 1/2 hour in the evening. I was back on it again for 1/2 hour this morning - and the grand total of lbs. gained after all that was 1 (139), so hopefully I'll be back to 138 tomorrow.

Have a great week-end!

Kim.

Hi Kim! Great job on all of your exercise AND moving!! WOW!!! I'm sure you worked off those meals that you ate out. I'm eating out tonight with my whole family. :eek: I'm going to need help controlling myself also.

My doc gave me some Rozerem to help me sleep. I took one last night and nothing! I was so upset it didn't work. So, we're back to square one. I have a call into him and hopefully he'll get back to me today so I can sleep tonight.

I do have good news....my cholesterol was 140! My doc was very happy about that...me too!

Hi Sheila, I'm so sorry to hear that the latest medication the Doctor told you to try hasn't worked. I hope that he/she got back to on Friday with something that did help you sleep - having insomnia is terrible, I know!

I was pretty good over the week-end - gained 1 lb. but that seems to be the way it goes with me, I'll lose it today, and hopefully lose another pound or two during the week.

I tried on some pants over the week-end that didn't fit me previously - and they fit fine! So of course, I started pulling everything out of the closet to try on that was tight to see how it fit now - I can get into most of it now easily - that's the best motivator I could ever have!

I hope everyone has a great week. Sheila - I hope you were able to get some rest over the week-end.

Kim.

Sheila--Bummer about the medicine not working. Not getting enough sleep can really put a hamper on loosing weight as well as making you feel terrible. Hopefully a new med will be prescribed that will help.

Kim--Awesome about all then clothes fitting! That is a wonderful accomplishment and reward for sticking to your plan.

I had a fair weekend and have stuck at 145--up a pound from last week at weigh in--but not too bad after not working out for a week and getting thru the weekend. I'm going to hit the gym again tomorrow and stick to the plan so hopefully will loose this week.

Have a great week and keep counting those points!:)

Hi Kim & Janice! I had a good weekend, except it was way busy. I didn't hear from my doctor until yesterday (when I called again) so I didn't sleep much. I got a script for Ambien and took 1/2 of one last night. I slept like a baby until around 3:00 AM. That is so much better than not getting any sleep. :D I appreciate your concern and support.

I weighed and I lost the pound I gained last week. I just hope I can lose another one, or at least 1/2, by Thursday.

Kim ~ Congrats on the pants fitting. Doesn't that feel good?!! :)

Janice ~ Great job on the exercise!!

I've been good getting my exercise in. Take care!

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if I could join you all? I just booked a cruise for April 06 and would be happy to loose about 30 pounds. I am 5'5 and weigh 166 today. I have been following WW on my own for the past 3 weeks, started at 169. It is such a struggle I can use all the support I can get!

Connie

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if I could join you all? I just booked a cruise for April 06 and would be happy to loose about 30 pounds. I am 5'5 and weigh 166 today. I have been following WW on my own for the past 3 weeks, started at 169. It is such a struggle I can use all the support I can get!

Connie

Hi Connie,

Welcome aboard!

1 lb. a week is definitely the way to go to keep it off, so your right on track!

Good luck - as Sheila said, we're here for each other!

Kim.

Welcome Connie! Glad you can join us. Seems that we have quite a few of us in the same boat. 5'-5" tall and want to loose the excess around! My cruise is in March next year so we are aiming for about the same time frame to loose.

Anyone else hungry? The last 2 days I'm struggling with the hunger pains. Don't want to use all my points during the day either. Made it until 4 so I should be able to make it until dinner. 9.5 points left. No problem--unless my DH decides he wants to eat out. My big down fall. Who wants to order chicken breast with veggies. I can get that at home--I want the chicken parmagan (sp?) with a side of pasta!

I have found that I loose better if I don't use too many of my extra points during the week so can't blow those on one meal. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great week. 144.0 today--yeah. I know its not weigh in day yet, but glad to see 144 again. Hope it sticks! I'll report back tomorrow.

Thanks for the welcome everybody!! I have to hardest time on the weekends too, so I try not to use the extra points until then, we always end up eating out at least once, and I have a hard time making the right choices!!

Thanks for the welcome everybody!! I have to hardest time on the weekends too, so I try not to use the extra points until then, we always end up eating out at least once, and I have a hard time making the right choices!!

Connie ~ We ALL struggle with the weekends. DH always wants to cook something sinful on the weekends. He is an enabler, big time! LOL If I use my extra points, it's on the weekends.

I've been really good lately though. I've been sticking with my points and exercising. I lost the pound I gained last week, but nothing else. I'm really ticked about it also. I "feel" thinner so I know I've lost inches. The muscles in my legs are really coming out also. I also can really feel my hip bones. I know it is silly to get excited about that, but I am. :D

Janice ~ I HATE eating out now. It is such a struggle to figure out what to eat. DH doesn't really like Applebee's so we never go there. It would be so much easier if he did since they have a WW menu. We went to Ruby Tuesdays last Friday night and you should see their "healthy" menu. It was a joke! One item was 98 grams of fat!!!! :eek:

Hi Kim!!!

Well-weigh in day and I'm still at 144.0. Very happy about that, but have a lunch date today and tomorrow which means--you got it--eating out!!! No Applebee's close (love their choices). Even ordering very light at Panera Bread company is a struggle to stay with in the points and like all of you I like to save my extra points for the weekend. And its only Thursday. I will try my best--we shall see.

I am still 166. Janice, I have to stay away from Panera Bread, I love the bread and carbs are definately my downfall!!! Ok, now I am getting hungry:eek: thinking about it. I better go do my workout.

Connie

Connie--hang in there and keep up with the work outs.

Sheila--great news about feeling thinner. I know exactly what you mean feeling it. You definitely have to look at other things than just the scale. I still feel pudgy, flabby and fat (especially my tummy area). But hopefully a few more pounds off and some of that feeling will go away.

Hi Everybody!

Well, it's weigh-in day again, I'm down to 137, which means I lost 1 lb. this week. The best part is though, that it makes a grand total of 10 lbs. lost - I'm doing a happy dance, even if there is still stuff jiggling when I do it!:rolleyes:

Janice - Congrats on the no gain - as long as the numbers aren't going up, the only place for them to go is down! Hope lunch wasn't too much of a temptation today - good luck tomorrow. It's really difficult where I work - everyone is either not dieting, or pregnant and not dieting! That means that when they go out, it's either to a fast food restaurant or the local chip wagon. I've been making excuses - errands to run at lunch and things like that - I'm ashamed to say I just don't think I have the will power right now. On the up side.....people have started to notice that I'm losing weight and have asked what I'm doing to lose it! Maybe I'll convince them to go on weight watchers, then I won't have to worry about fast food restaurants at lunch!

Connie - as Sheila said we all have the most trouble on the week-ends. Hang in there - your doing great! My DH and I always eat out at least once as well. He really doesn't help sometimes - tonight we went for groceries and hadn't had dinner - there is a local restaurant that has wings for 1/2 price Thursdays - he suggested we stop in and pick some up for dinner - I had to be the stick-in-the-mud that said no, (I'll admit I did think about it for a minute)! You've lost 3 lbs. already - some weeks you just hit a plateau and have to stay focused to get by it and not give up - and going to do your work-out is definitely not giving up - you go girl!!!

Sheila - I think if your really starting to see muscle definition and your feeling thinner then the only reason you don't seem to have lost is because of the muscle your gaining (that old saying - muscle weighs even more than fat) - you should be excited - that's fantastic - Congratulations!

Restaurants really drive me crazy - does everyone know about dietfacts on the internet? If you go to that site it has the info. for a bunch of common restaurants that allows you to calculate the point value for just about everything on the menu. If I can't calculate the points some way, I'm really nervous about eating out - I really get ticked off when I eat something I think is "healthy" and then discover it had about the same fat content as a plate of french fries! I went to McDonalds when I was on WW previously and asked what the info. was for a new "Lite" salad they had - it took three people about 10 minutes to find the answer - when I calculated it I realized it was the same as having a hamburger and fries!:eek:

Anyway enough complaining for today - here comes the week-end, and it's Thanksgiving week-end here in Canada! That means I will have to give in and have some gravy and a piece of pie - hopefully I don't get too carried away!

Have a great week-end everyone - we're doing great!:D

Kim.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to wish every one a successful point counting weekend! Just remember "nothing tastes as good as thin feels (especially on a cruise!).

I know yesterday was weigh in day, but I weigh myself at home every morning (if I didn't I could really put the pounds on quickly and not notice). Anyway, weighed this morning and I'm 142! Yippee. So that's down 5 since I started on this board. So now I get to celebrate with a manicure and pedicure that I promised myself after loosing the 1st-5lbs. Really need one too.

Kim--Good luck this weekend with your Thanksgiving celebration and I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to even be tempted by going out to eat. I do much better packing my turkey breast sandwich, carrots and fruit for lunch then I can do at any restaurant (even if I can count points). 20 points for the day just doesn't go very far. I am meeting a friend for lunch today and not sure where we are going. Very nervous because I want to be strong, count points and keep the scale going down.

Have a great weekend!

Janice-Way to go!! 5 pounds is great, enjoy the pedicure/manicure.

Kim-Happy Thanksgiving! Great job turning down the wings.Also, I think it is great you made them at McDonalds find the information for the salad. I am going to check out the dietfacts site. Have you ever been to Dotties weight loss zone? It has alot of great info for WW and points for alot of restaurants.

Now to me, I did not do so great yesterday. I did good all day but my DH is away and at night after the kids went to bed I had a glass of wine (not to bad) but then I got into the peanuts. Oh well, I will be extra good today. It is that time of the month any day and the week before I can't seem to get the eating under control.

WEll, good luck making good choices this weekend!

Connie

Good morning WW friends! :D I had a busy night last night so I got 30 minutes of Pilates in. I don't think I can do them anymore. It is really starting to hurt my back. (I have spinal stenosis & degenerative disc disease that has left me with 5 bulging/crumbling discs.) So, I'll have to go back to using the stability ball and hand weights for toning. I hate that because I liked the Pilates. :(

Kim ~ Thanks for the encouragement. I know I've lost inches and I'll check them tomorrow. I was walking in my master bath yesterday and I looked in the mirror and I saw the definition in my legs. I was excited. I also noticed that the back of my thighs were firming up. I just wish I could get rid of this mid-section. It is horrible!! DH has promised me that I can have a tummy tuck after we come back from Scotland & England next summer.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you for being at 137!!! Great job on losing 10 lbs!! Thanks for the info on dietfacts. I've visiting there right now.

Janice ~ Congrats on losing those 5 lbs!! You are getting so skinny now. All of y'all are really beating me in the weight loss dept. I need to step up my game.

About fast food salads, etc. ~ DH and I went to eat lunch at Burger King a couple of weeks ago and I was perplexed as to what to eat. I'm not a big salad eater (especially fast food salad) so I got a kid's meal (hamburger). When I got back to the office, I looked up the points and it was 10 for the burger and fries. I had a Diet Coke with it. I then looked up the salads and they were 10-12 points. I thoroughly enjoyed my kid's meal way more.

Kim--sorry to hear that you have back problems. That truly is a bummer that it affects your work outs. Just when you get going, you get side tracked. But keep up with doing all the other activities and you'll soon see the scale drop I'm sure. Sometimes, my weight loss is delayed for some reason.

I'm not a big fast food eater, but when the need comes up I've found that I can eat the chicken breast sandwich (grilled not fried) and say no mayo and the points aren't too bad. The sandwich is usually bigger in my mind so I don't always even have to get the fries to go with it. Wendy's grilled chicken breast sandwich is really tasty.

Any suggestions for Chevy's if I eat there for lunch today?icon5.gif

Hi everyone, Hope you are all having a nice weekend. I am having a good diet day today, but last night was another story. I went to Happy hour with my friend and then we came back to my house and those darn peanuts were calling my name!! I know I normally would have eaten alot more so I won't beat myself up to much

I have always had a hard time at fast food restraunts turning down the fries, but what works for me is if I don't order them, but make each of my kids give me 1 or 2 of theres (I have 3 boys) that seems to satisfy me!!

Connie

Hi everyone and Happy Monday!

Sheila-thanks for posting that link. I've used that website before and very helpful although it doesn't seem to have their latest menu selections. But good thing--my lunch plans go cancelled so I didn't have to deal with it anyway. That made it much easier. I even lost a pound over the weekend! Very unusual for me, but we didn't eat out at all this weekend so that surely helps.

Connie--sounds like peanuts are one of your down falls--but keeping to a small amount is the key! Great job!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Hi ladies! I was bad on Saturday night and ate way too much. We decided to go to the local pub for seafood. Needless to say, my body has been in rejection ever since. It has not been pretty. :eek: I didn't gain any weight, but do know I cannot over-eat again.

How was your weekend?

Archived