Quantum Library

koalakruiser

The latest Quantum deck plans still show a number of free spaces. So far, I have not seen an area designated to a library. With all the high tech on board, will we be expected to use an e-reader and/or carry our own books for the cruise? Does anyone have any feedback as contact with RCCL did not enlighten me?

I'd like to know this as well.

I am a bookcrosser (someone who leaves books in public places for other readers to find) and my favorite place to leave books that I've finished reading is cruise ship libraries. I actually save up all the books that I read at home between cruises for this purpose.

I will be on Quantum in 2 months, and I have a small but growing pile of paperbacks which I'd like to leave on a book exchange shelf in the library.

I'm not sure a library is really needed, at least in the classical sense. A place where books are available seems appropriate, but, a place to sit and read? The ship is full of them already.

I personally agree with you. However, I must say that last fall when I was on Celebrity Silhouette for 12 nights in Europe the library was the hottest ticket on the entire ship. Tougher to get a seat in the library than at the Martini Bar!!! :eek:

The demographic on that sailing skewed older as you might imagine, but it demonstrated that there is still some demand for a traditional library space.