Somewhat disappointed

Hypo

I have been sitting here today watching the conveyance from Papenberg to the Sea. I have eagerly studied what we could see of the ship from the outside and through the windows once it was dark.

To me, the ship looks severe and utilitarian. All of the angles seem to be acute or right angles. Gone are the sweeping walls of glass like the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis classes have. Ceiling decor, (looking through the windows) is rather plain.

The only whimsy visible on the outside of the ship is the pink bear.

At night, the ship looks dark, the RCCL anchors on the funnel are not lit, and all of the lighting seems subdued. Possibly due to the use of fluorescent and LED bulbs.

I look forward to seeing some pics from the finished interior spaces.

I have been sitting here today watching the conveyance from Papenberg to the Sea. I have eagerly studied what we could see of the ship from the outside and through the windows once it was dark.

To me, the ship looks severe and utilitarian. All of the angles seem to be acute or right angles. Gone are the sweeping walls of glass like the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis classes have. Ceiling decor, (looking through the windows) is rather plain.

At night, the ship looks dark, the RCCL anchors on the funnel are not lit, and all of the lighting seems subdued. Possibly due to the use of fluorescent and LED bulbs.

I'm sure that not everything on the ship was lit up during the conveyance, there really would be no reason to have the whole ship lit up. The Crown & Anchor does light up (was lit up on the shipyard webcam at one point).

How can you be disappointed in a ship that's not even finished yet?? You sound ridiculous!!

Edited by Babyrocko1908

What sweeping walls of glass are you talking about on the Voyager Class?

The first three ships have solid balconies.

The only ships with those big glass walls are the Radiance Class and this ship is much more like her than those others you list.

I agree with you that the ship does look different from the 3 previous classes that have been built. But you must keep in mind that the Oasis, Freedom and Voyager class of ships were all built at the same shipyard, a (then) different company than Meyer Werft.

Each yard builds ships in their own unique way, like car companies build different looking vehicles to distinguish themselves from the competition.

I think she looks fabulous and can't wait to sail on her! It gave me goose bumps watching her sail under the drawbridge.

Very cool!

I agree I think she is amazing looking! I also was very moved watching her move down the river. I plan on watching her sail into port in Bayonne! I am going on both sampler cruises and I am extremely excited!:D

I agree with you that the ship does look different from the 3 previous classes that have been built. But you must keep in mind that the Oasis, Freedom and Voyager class of ships were all built at the same shipyard, a (then) different company than Meyer Werft.

Each yard builds ships in their own unique way, like car companies build different looking vehicles to distinguish themselves from the competition.

Granted that each company has their own style of building ships, but RCCL approved the specs and chose the final design for Q.

MARAPRINCE

We must be looking at two different ships?...:rolleyes:

I agree she looks more severe than Voyager and Freedom class. But not utilitarian. Oasis class is the most utilitarian from the aft.

What I noticed is she seems to have less top deck space for the public. Maybe just an illusion. Will see how it feels once I am aboard.

I agree she looks more severe than Voyager and Freedom class. But not utilitarian. Oasis class is the most utilitarian from the aft.

What I noticed is she seems to have less top deck space for the public. Maybe just an illusion. Will see how it feels once I am aboard.

Part of the reason for that would be because she is a "cold weather ship". Remember, she has the indoor pool, covered solarium, and indoor SeaPlex with basketball court and bumper cars.

I remember that the Quantum class is based on Celebrity Solstice class. That would explain the profile.

No need to be disappointed. The first ship of every class always casts some doubts. But that's the novelty of being the first. :cool:

I remember that the Quantum class is based on Celebrity Solstice class. That would explain the profile.

No need to be disappointed. The first ship of every class always casts some doubts. But that's the novelty of being the first. :cool:

I agree. The first ship of each class is always special. Voyager, Oasis, now Quantum.